• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen That Is One Big Book O_O;

LugiaFreak

Years
    Okay, so I went to GameStop yesterday to pick up my Platinum. I had brought $40.00 with me just in case, but I had two DS games I was turning in and an EdgeCard with money on it so I didn't think I would need it...

Then I saw Platinum's Official Guide, and I was OMFG that is HUGE! Who agrees?

I bought it anyway. :D

Also, as a side topic, who else got the weird little Giratina (Origin Forme) figurine free with the Platinum game? I thought that was pretty awesome.

Anyway, discuss.

Gamethief19

That's what she said.....
    Years
    I also saw that. The guy at Gamestop goes "You get 10% off the guide when you buy it with the game. How about it?" I looked over at the guide and this was me:

o.0

It's massive. But it's extensive with a great amount of knowledge built in.

Johnathon

<php echo "Awesome!"; ?>
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2009
    I bought the guide as well, it looks like it's probably the most massive and informative pkmn game guide ever written. I really liked the detailed stats section, and the contest tips.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I was gonna buy it but my mom's like "no, Im spending too much on this game anyways!" And the figurine was smaller than expected, but its epic.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    .....*drools*

I really really love guide books, hahaha. I can't wait to get them both now. I'll go to Target or GameStop after next week is over and my speech/tests/papers are done.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    i saw it and was like dang thats a huge book.i skimmed through it and it has some helpful hints in it and even talks about EVing abit as well which shocked me.it has both the national dex and the sinnoh one

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
    Yeah.. When I got I Was Like OMFG! But I wansnt that surprise, regarding one of the biggest extras was the battle frontier.. Also, they included the National PokeDex. So yeah.. At first I was suprised.. Not really any more...

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG I new I wanted the guide but I thought it would only contain the guide and the sinnoh pokedex. But man it contains trainer tips, sinnoh walkthrough, battle frontier guide, sinnoh pokedex, national pokedex, and more!!!! Man that guide is amazing I love it

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
    Good to know how awsome it is! I just bought it like 20 minutes ago, seriously!
    I can't wait to use it!! Oh and the Giratina figure is small, but it's sweet as heck.

Years
    I was all wtf when i saw it. If you havent seen it yet you guys you should.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCQqxDVtxEM&feature=related
    645 massive pages of epic glory. If i do go this summer to the states to see my grandmother im so buying it.

O.O
    HOLY CRAP!!! THAT THINGS BIGGER THAN THE POKEDEX GUIDE THINGY!
    I want Platinum...but sadly, my DS hinges are broken T_T so I can't play it. And I can't finish Chrono Trigger either. OR play Dragon Quest V, which came out last month T_T

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I'm a bit of a Pokemon nerd (THERE! I SAID IT!), but I'm not getting Platinum.
    Seeing the size of that book though, I would probably just buy the guide without Platinum.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    I just bought it with gift cards from Best Buy =)
    I was born to be a an editor, so let me point out a mistake they (the writers of the guide) made. Check out page 34, under the section where it tells you what Pokemon you can fish for. Great Rod? Interesting.... Isn't it Super? =p

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Only reason I buy guides are for pics, maps, and colours. And the guy at GameStop said it was the biggest guide he'd ever seen

I bought it.

Back