• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen That magical moment..

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I wasn't suprised at all. I knew they'd eventually remake Gold and Silver as soon as FireRed and LeafGreen were Announced in Japan.

As soon as HGSS were confirmed, I wanted to make a 2000+ word rant bashing all the nay-sayers and calling them all out by name, but I restrained myself.

Like Lightning, the only suprise was the name.

Dragard

Ghoul Soul
    Years
  • Well, I was waiting for what seemed forever to find out what the new game was gonna be, but for the little time that I wasn't there, it was announced. When I logged in to Serebii, I looked around and saw it was Gold and Silver remakes. My stomach felt all weird, a jolt of happiness went threw me, and went to undig my Crystal version for another playthrough.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
  • I smiled and said: "Cool..this'll bring back my childhood memories of playing Crystal at my nanys (grandma which died in 2004) house!

Casey333

~Johto Trainer~
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018
    When I heard the news my jaw dropped and I had to tell my brother I told him so cause he thought it would just be another filler game like Pokemon Ranger. I cant wait for it to be released in america so I might order it from japan! =D

Quag-Squire

[i]oh-ho![/i]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2009
    I was kind of angry at first actually, because I thought they were taking away the uniqueness of the original game (kind of like how movies take away a lot of the magic from books...)

then I realized how wrong I was and nearly fell off my seat from the excitement

Years
  • I was like:

"YUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSS!!!!" [Yes!]

And then I proceeded to harass all those people that said "OMgZ theRLL NeVur BE G/S reaMakez lOLZ 1331!!!"

"What were you saying? I could've SWORN you said there wouldn't be remakes of gold and silver? Guess what FRIEND, they DID make remakes! I want to hear you say it in your own words...... Could you say it again? I didn't quite catch that...... No, no, no, say it with enthusiasm!"

But seriously, why did so many people think that there wouldn't be remakes? It was totally predictible IMO.

Quag-Squire

[i]oh-ho![/i]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2009
    XDD Yeah, makes you wonder, now that they finished most of the remakes, what they're going to come up wit next o_O XD
    POKEMON PLAD

icetrey666

upzdahunx
    Years
  • it was funny because i was talking about it for awhile with my girlfriend, and we found out like a couple of days after i brought it up again.

i was soooo stoked I had to tell everybody i didn't even care if they knew anything about pokemon

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • My friends told me about it.

I nearly exploded out of excitement, because Gold was my first Pokemon game. Well, technically my brother's but he let me play it. And I don't care if it comes out next year, it's probably worth the wait. 8D

oFrEqUeNTx

Pip-To-Da-Lups!
    Years
  • I wasnt that excited since i heard about Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver.
    But,I had a happy feeling knowing that this was official,after all..Gold was my first pokemon game.

Years
  • When I first heard the rumors, I was excited and I hoped that they were true. Now, I'm :D!! I'm so impatient. Never have i ever thought about waiting for a Pokemon game to come out until now. :)

Back