• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That Moment When You Realize Something Shocking and Mind Banging about Pokemon

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    So as a kid I thought Pokemon were just funny and cute. But more I get older, my eyes and mind slowly realized Pokemon is a scary world...now I'm 20 and now it comes to mind...DAMN! Pokemon is really messed up!

1. Pokemon -> Pocket Monsters. Shrinking monsters into balls then putting them in your pocket is scary to start off with, then brutally battle each other. For money. Thats a illegal is sooo many countries XD

2. Spoink can die easily. Its spring is its pump for its heart. If it stop bouncing, it will die...WTF!!! I was soo shocked when i saw that.

Its really a mind banger. And my childhood is destroyed in some way but still love it XD Haa.

3. Pikachu losed weight through out the years.

4. How did Ashes original hat get less cooler then his new hat in the current anime?

5. Alakazam is one of the smartest Pokemon in the world...and can only learn four moves.

6. How is Whitneys Milktank over powered to the max. Its hack I tell you, a HACK or a bug! (not really, people at Nintendo and Game Freak are a-holes for destroying all of our childhoods for that XD)

7. Team Rocket (Jesse and James) killed a Cubones mother 0,0' what the frack! (in one of the games)

Now I would like to hear your moments on realizing mind banging horriific and shocking stuff. I would like to you see more, cause they are fairly interesting. So please do share.

NOTE! This isn't a anti-Pokemon or Poke-trolling thread. This is a place to share your realized moments about the topic. But still love Pokemon above all.

Last edited:

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
    Years
    Kadabra Pokedex entry:
    It is rumored that a boy with psychic abilities suddenly transformed into Kadabra while he was assisting research into extrasensory powers.

Now that's just creepy.

Hypno Pokedex Entry:
    It carries a pendulum-like device. There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized.

Hypno's lullaby, anyone?

Azurill is a Normal-type unlike its Water-type evolutions, and has a higher chance of being female (75% as opposed to Marill and Azumarill's 50%). The gender thing also means that some female Azurill will in fact change sex when they evolve.
    That's slightly disturbing.

Arcanine was meant to be a legendary Pokemon

A bit obvious on that one.

Sunkern is the weakest Pokemon. (Base stats)

Skitty can breed with Digglet, as well as Wailord.

Slaking has base stats equal to that of Groudon and Kyogre.

Imagine if it didn't have such a hindering ability!

droomph

weeb
    Years
    So as a kid I thought Pokemon were just funny and cute. But more I get older, my eyes and mind slowly realized Pokemon is a scary world...now I'm 20 and now it comes to mind...DAMN! Pokemon is really messed up!

1. Pokemon -> Pocket Monsters. Shrinking monsters into balls then putting them in your pocket is scary to start off with, then brutally battle each other. For money. Thats a illegal is sooo many countries XD
    No. Just no. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284255
    2. Spoink can die easily. Its spring is its pump for its heart. If it stop bouncing, it will die...WTF!!! I was soo shocked when i saw that.
    Bouncing is just a natural reflex for them, just like how our hearts pump.
    Its really a mind banger. And my childhood is destroyed in some way but still love it XD Haa.

3. Pikachu losed weight through out the years.
    He didn't lose weight, its design was slimmed down over the years. It's no more anorexic than it was (or wasn't) twelve years ago.
    4. How did Ashes original hat get less cooler then his new hat in the current anime?
    Opinion.
    5. Alakazam is one of the smartest Pokemon in the world...and can only learn four moves.
    Ughhhhhhhh https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286081
    6. How is Whitneys Milktank over powered to the max. Its hack I tell you, a HACK or a bug! (not really, people at Nintendo and Game Freak are a-holes for destroying all of our childhoods for that XD)
    Just happens to be; plus, she only has two Pokémon to balance that factor out.
    7. Team Rocket (Jesse and James) killed a Cubones mother 0,0' what the frack!
    First, it was Team Rocket as a whole, and that's the conflict in the story. Without it, Pokémon would be boring.
    Now I would like to hear your moments on realizing mind banging horriific and shocking stuff. I would like to you see more, cause they are fairly interesting. So please do share.

NOTE! This isn't a anti-Pokemon or Poke-trolling thread. This is a place to share your realized moments about the topic. But still love Pokemon above all.
    Pokémon is just a children's game, mmkay? It's rated E for a reason. Anyways, I don't have any theories of my own, because I just think trying to ruin my childhood isn't my thing.

Last edited:

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
    Years
    Hey, Droomph, just leave him alone. Those were things that were mind-boggling to him, not you. You don't need to criticize him for his ignorance, and secondly, why even post here if you don't like these types of threads? It seems that you just posted just to simply attack him.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Alakazam can learn WAY more than 4 moves.

The most disturbing thing in Pokemon is Yamask's Pokedex entry.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Hey, Droomph, just leave him alone. Those were things that were mind-boggling to him, not you. You don't need to criticize him for his ignorance, and secondly, why even post here if you don't like these types of threads? It seems that you just posted just to simply attack him.

Droomph did nothing wrong here.
    One guy gave an opinion. Droomph gave out his, that's basically what happens in a forum.

Alakazam doesn't learn a 5th move due to the simple logic of, Game engine.
    It would screw the whole thing up and add the ability for Every poke on to have 5 or more moves. Which would be pointless and deem less challenge to the actual game.

I'd mention something about ash's hat. But I don't watch the anime and haven't since Orange Island Adventures.

Pikachu is just a redesign, which explains the skinnier design. Look at alot of 1st Gen sprites then look at those pokemon in Gen V format, they look alot skinnier and taller. It's just how it goes, it's like the trainers. Gen I they look sinister and evil, Gen V they look friendly and welcoming.

Jesse And James didn't kill Marowak, Team Rocket as a whole did. Or at least one grunt, because the Marowak either got in the way, or did not co-operate.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 10, 2024
    Am I the only one who thinks Whitney's miltank isn't hard.

Alakazam can learn WAY more than 4 moves.

The most disturbing thing in Pokemon is Yamask's Pokedex entry.

He meant it can only use 4 moves at one point in it's life.

GreenGalvantula

Final Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2012
    Garboder is sewage...Ok I got nothing...Well Metagross crushes it's prey and eats em. Robots eating animals X3. I think Gorybiss does something where she eats it's pretty from the inside or something?...Dont remembers. Or how Banette is trying to find the kid that abandoned it and wants to harm them XD. Or that one newest ghost Pokemon that evolves into Cofagrigas...it says it was originally a human...so were are using people to battle XO. Cruelty.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
    Years
    Drowzee

It remembers every dream it eats. It rarely eats the dreams of adults because children's dreams are much tastier

Koffing

Because it stores several kinds of toxic gases in its body, it is prone to exploding without warning

Drifloon

It tugs on the hands of children to steal them away. It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing.

Banette

Banette generates energy for laying strong curses by sticking pins into its own body. This Pokémon was originally a pitiful plush doll that was thrown away. It seeks the child that disowned it.

Back