• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That REALLY BIG sloth pokemon.. Should it even be used?

Maria Santos

*wink* enjoy your death! ^_^
    Years
    I have a Slaking that I am considering use for in a 4v4 battle.

Slaking lv.100 Male
    Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    atk=365
    def=260
    sp.atk=231
    sp.def=165
    speed=220

Giga Impact
    Shadow Claw
    Counter
    Earthquake

Do you folks think I should change its moves a bit or should I not use it at all? Help me out Please!

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    Needs to be more on the lines of this

Slaking @ Choice Band
    Ability: Truant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Return
    - Earthquake
    - Night Slash
    - Focus Punch

Yeah.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    yeah thats the usual set, unless you didnt raise the slaking yourself in which case i'd go for strength over return

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Happiness can be built up easy enough for Return to be used. Anyway, Giga Impact is fine as a STAB move, although Return does give you a hit-and-run option.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013

Take advantage of Truant and use Giga Impact? :D

Shadow Claw is sorta needed, but Earthquake and Normal type attack has no true coverage. You need Rock Slide/Stone Edge

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    not rly; w/ slaking, no recharge is needed, it proceeds as normal (w/ truant, of course). if u want uber pwnage, skill swap it

No...hit and run IS the way to go with slaking, otherwsie a powerful little CBmence comes in and OHKOs you while you recharge. Don't put down correct advise. Giga impact works, but it is extremely risky. you can't switch on the recharge turn...with return, you can.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    No...hit and run IS the way to go with slaking, otherwsie a powerful little CBmence comes in and OHKOs you while you recharge. Don't put down correct advise. Giga impact works, but it is extremely risky. you can't switch on the recharge turn...with return, you can.

there is no recharge; its considered a truant turn.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years

Take advantage of Truant and use Giga Impact? :D

Shadow Claw is sorta needed, but Earthquake and Normal type attack has no true coverage. You need Rock Slide/Stone Edge
    Night Slash > Shadow Claw cause Normal Types can't resist it k

Also, Stone Edge is too inaccurate to be relied on just to strike a Flying Type then switch later. Rock Slide is just as useless since a SE one of those attacks does LESS than a STABed Return.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Night Slash > Shadow Claw cause Normal Types can't resist it k

Also, Stone Edge is too inaccurate to be relied on just to strike a Flying Type then switch later. Rock Slide is just as useless since a SE one of those attacks does LESS than a STABed Return.

Ah I didn't know that Slaking learns Night Slash :P

I really got to look at STABbed moves first before I use an attack less than 80 Base Power

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Slaking@Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    EV: 252 Attack/HP
    1. Thunderpunch
    2. Earthquake
    3. Return
    4. Pursuit/Ice Punch

Even OHKO's Gyarados after Initmidate. <3 Slaking.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I have a question, how does Truant and Giga Impact work?

Great. You recharge only 1 turn STILL. the problem is, you can't switch out during the rechargwe like you can after other attacks, so DDers can come in and set up or hera can come in and rape you.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    In a way, you can consider all of Slaking's base stats halved - Truant ability is the cause unless you really switch out a lot.

I wouldn't use Slaking myself - its not very useful.

Also - where are your EVs!?!?

Years
    Needs to be more on the lines of this

Slaking @ Choice Band
    Ability: Truant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Return
    - Earthquake
    - Night Slash
    - Focus Punch

Yeah.
    That would be Nice. Then get out a alakazam with skill swap and your set! And if you want it would be good to get him to have wander guard then he would be pretty much invincible.

Back