• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm fine with my current 3DS, so as long as it doesn't break, I won't be getting a revision.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    I'm confident in the 3DS I brought on launch day because Nintendo's made INCREDIBLE use of its ability to be enhanced and updated through software updates that are now able to be pushed automatically to the system via wifi.

Its to the point where I nearly remember the 3DS I brought back in march as a different system than the 3DS I have now.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I don't think the firmware updates have been THAT drastic. o_O
    I can see a redesign having the second circle pad built in. If so, that might tempt me to trade up. Otherwise, it'd have to be a pretty drastic improvement in order for me to consider it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    You mean like every other current-gen console and handheld can do?

Never stopped the 360 S, PS3 Slim and three more models of PSP coming out and being clear superiors.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The system update is up 1-2 days early. I think you should be able to grab that update manually now. (It's huge!)

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think I only remember Ridge Racer 3D freezing due to a botched update and it was patched posthaste. The Harvest Moon games are always buggy, and I think the bugs exist even when playing on the DS or DS Lite (both unpatchable).

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    New update? I have to check :D !
    I've only just recieved the e-shop and internet browser yesterday :/

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Nah, the bug only exists on the 3DS version. Everyone who's playing on the DS isn't having the problem, as far as I've read.

Ah, you meant the new game, huh? That kind of bug... since most 3DS games are not exactly patchable, I can only hope that system updates might circumvent the issue, or a recall.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Yeah that's what I meant haha. The 3DS should be able to support a freaking HM game, but it lags(which I've never seen happen on any non-PC game), and freezes during screen changes(normally only when you're in the mountain area, but Iv'e had it freeze when I walked into someones house).

....Sooo I'm hoping that's it's simply the hardware, and not the like... The software lol ;__;

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
    The new update is here and Super Pokemon Rumble is comming out tommow/broke street date at some stores in austraila

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm enjoying the little finishing touches on the firmware update... and also messing around with new features. Can't wait for the eShop to get its store updated tomorrow, because that's probably when we see lots of new stuff.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Well, it seems that there is already a program to convert videos to play on a 3DS. That was really fast. o.O

Sometimes you can also do it with what you have. As long as the video codec is MJPEG and the audio IMA ADPCM or uncompressed PCM and the video height is 240 pixels, anything should work.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    The full list of GBA games coming to the Ambassador's has been announced. The release date, too.
    I am not disappointed one bit. Not at all. Sure, there are some games I would've liked, but this is just fantastic. The games that we will be getting are:

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
    Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
    Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
    Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
    Mario Kart: Super Circuit
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong
    Metroid Fusion
    Wario Land 4
    WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

These will all be available worldwide, this Friday the 16th.
    And here's the source.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm just going to go in my corner and laugh maniacally.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The full list of GBA games coming to the Ambassador's has been announced. The release date, too.
    I am not disappointed one bit. Not at all. Sure, there are some games I would've liked, but this is just fantastic. The games that we will be getting are:

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
    Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
    Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
    Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
    Mario Kart: Super Circuit
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong
    Metroid Fusion
    Wario Land 4
    WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

These will all be available worldwide, this Friday the 16th.
    And here's the source.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm just going to go in my corner and laugh maniacally.

For once, I am about to replay them again. On a portable. Backlit goodness, GO!

I created a thread about it, too Too excited, huh?

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    I would like to see the 3DS able to call other 3DS like a phone. not sure if it will ever happen or can but I can dream.

Back