• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D, aaaaaaaaaaaand... MGS3D! Of course those are just out of the list on the launch date games.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    If you are going to buy the console, and you could get 2 games with it, release games that is, what would they be and why?

OoT, and Kid Icarus, because those are the only two that are really appealing to me right now.

So you'd buy something that costs 350$, but wouldn't pay 30-40$ for one of its games?
    Well first off, games will be at least $60 here, if not $80-100.

To answer your question however, yes. I will buy something for $350 if I want it, because I can. It's bad enough I have to pay so much for a console, so I'll cut my losses by not paying for the games.

But don't get your panties in a bunch, I always buy the Pokémon games. It's not GameFreak's fault that Nintendo are greedy.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    True, but my parents think differently.
    Everytime when they buy me a new console,
    they always give a flashcart/hack that can
    make me play games for free without having
    to pay the price of the games.

That's interesting. I've never heard of parents that are basically letting their child steal.

And um, I'll agree with Speed on release games. I'm only really interested in Ocarina of Time and Kid Icarus. Those aren't release games, are they? Thought they came out later in the year...

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Yeah, I don't think those are going to be out on Launch day, but they should follow sometime in the year. OoT on 3DS will be awesome.

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    I'm going to wait and get the 3DS when it has better games. Also, major news (well, apparently it is). Toys R Us is cheaper than Amazon in the UK... by 1p. OMG BIG SAVINGS

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Eh. There aren't any launch games that I want. :/ When they are released, I will be picking up Animal Crossing and Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. :Dv

ALSO. GUYS.

GUYS.

I had an epiphany the other day. Some people pay two hundred dollars for a pair of sunglasses, hundreds more for a pair of jeans, and even thousands of dollars for a pair of shoes.

Obviously those people are muy loco, but $350 is nothing if you're really passionate about what you're buying. I bet everyone who bought an iPad would kill to have payed only $350 ( unless they got it off eBay or sumzeen ).

Nervous Eddy

Anxious Meowth
    Years
    I'm really going to wait and see before I buy it, even once I do have the money. I really want to see two factors before deciding:

1. How well the 3D actually works, and if it's any huge graphical improvement. 3D has been tried a few times before with games, and never worked well. Hopefully this time will be different.

2. What games end up getting released for it. I probably won't spring for one until I see some games that catch my eye. I'm hoping for a good Shin Megami Tensei title. Either a new one, or maybe remakes of the first two games, since they never got a US release. A Devil Survivor or Strange Journey remake probably wouldn't cut it for me, though.

Years
    I had an epiphany the other day. Some people pay two hundred dollars for a pair of sunglasses, hundreds more for a pair of jeans, and even thousands of dollars for a pair of shoes.

Obviously those people are muy loco, but $350 is nothing if you're really passionate about what you're buying. I bet everyone who bought an iPad would kill to have payed only $350 ( unless they got it off eBay or sumzeen ).
    [/INDENT][/FONT]

No, because $350 is still $350.

Quote FTW.

I agree with Calibri. Just because you can explain other peoples buying methords, doesn't mean it justifies the price. I have never bought shoes/shirt/polo/jeans/what ever that have individually cost a stupid amount. I never see the point, since it will just get ruined down the line.​

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    If you are going to buy the console, and you could get 2 games with it, release games that is, what would they be and why?

This question is a amazingly hard for me to answer. The launch games are... disappointing, to say the least. I simply don't understand using Kid Icarus and OoT as your main selling points, then release months after the 3DS hits? I'm honestly only buying the handheld because I KNOW Nintendo will pull a "Wii" and have a shortage of 3DSs for months. The only launch game I'm semi-interested in is SSF4 3D, but I hear the 3D is really lackluster in the side-scrolling mode and I refuse to play a fighting game in an "over the shoulder" view.

This did, however, tickle my fancies. :)
    https://www.gamesradar.com/f/cave-story-remake-announced-for-3ds/a-2011021016228990012

days

Galactic HQ
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    I would very much like to see the release of a Purple 3DS

Years
    I imagen Nintendo will follow their normal path of releasing the same console with different colours down the line. So I wouldn't worry too much.​

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm probably going to end up waiting for another color as well. Or until Pokemon is announced on the 3DS, which is what I did with the DS. I didn't get one til I read the news about DP being released on it. I used to get this weird hatred for new consoles when I was younger. I didn't like change.

Years
    I'll be buying this. In fact, I've already pre-ordered it from the USA website.
    My parents are generous enough to buy me this awesome console for
    the brilliant results I've had in my exams.
    Now, the problem is, I MAY have the console faster than most people,
    but I won't be getting the games anytime soon.

If I buy the 3DS games, that'll be against the rules of my family. (Motto: Video games aren't worth the money; money can be used to buy better items like diamonds, sapphires, emeralds, etc.)
    I need to wait for the 3DS R4... I wonder how long it'll take...

First of all, Nintendo already stated that this is their best console so far regarding anti-piracy system, so you wont probably be seeing R4 pretty soon on 3DS, you already stated that you pre-ordered from USA website, does that mean you live in Europe or any other country that's not in North America? because 3DS its region locked, so you will find yourself in need to order games from U.S. as well

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I'm hoping the third game to Black and White (THERE WILL BE ONE!) will be on the 3DS, so I'll get it. I like how the insides are black for a more cinematic effect but the outsides have the splash of colour. The purple one looks nice, but I'll be going with blue when I get mine. Hopefully by then, they'll be cheaper, it should be 2 years when "Pokemon Grey" will come out. Or maybe the 3DS2/XL will be out by then and I'll get that ^_^

How long do you think the 3DS' timeline will be? I'm hoping it's long, 10 years+ Nintendo need to take a break/what else can they come up with now? o_O

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    First of all, Nintendo already stated that this is their best console so far regarding anti-piracy system, so you wont probably be seeing R4 pretty soon on 3DS

That's all well and good for them to be saying that. Besides, the likely method of homebrew applications and other things on the 3DS will probably not be the flashcart style.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021

Very easy to answer since the launch up isn't that great there are two very clear frontrunners.

Nintendogs
    Street Fighter 4

I'll only get one of them though.

Back