• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The A/B trick

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about.

Are you referring to the trick meant to 100% succesfully capture Pokemon?
    If so then yes, you are a sod. :P

No, I'm afraid that trick doesn't work. Some claim that the success rate goes up by 20% but there is no way to prove this whatsoever. Although, if you want help catching Pokemon in Gold/Silver you can always use the PC Duplication trick with a Pokemon holding a Master Ball. However you should not use it to much, as this can corrode the memory banks, and/or the Gameboy itself.

I'm sorry you did not find a successful cheat, but I hope you have better luck in the future.

With all regards

-ChrisTom

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    wait!

is the the EXP thing keep pressing a/b simtamuesly and u get more exp than it says .... the extra depends on who u battle(this is for R/B/Y) NOT G/S/C

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Dammit! THIS TRICK DOESN'T EXIST! I don't know how many times I've had to tell people!

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
    wot trick r we actaully talking a bout
    It's an old one, way back from Generation I, that claims that holding down the A and B buttons on one's game console while they're trying to catch a Pokemon will raise the success rate of catching it.

And... as previously stated, this is false/has very little proof to back it up. I should know; I was one of those gullible sods who tried it and thought it worked.

EDIT: I've also heard variations that holding down A or B (I first heard the b-button) will do the trick, but just like their "combo" cousin, there is little proof to back up this trick.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    It was just a superstition. A lot of things in Pokémon games are, or at least used to be until so much information about the numbers and coding in the games became so easy to access via the Internet.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I still do it, but I didn't hear of holding a+b in my area. In my area, it was either a or b with up or down. I couldn't remember which is which so now every time when I go to catch a Pokemon I press a+up, a+down, b+up, and b+down in that order as the Pokeball is in the air. Yes, I still believe it works even in Generation IV games, and I'm not soon going to consciously admit that it doesn't negatively affect the capture, so (however, I do worry that pressing "b" during the capture process will cancel the catch, but I'm too afraid to test that out)...

xeyj

Dark Type Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    at my school there as one going around that if you push in the bck of your gameboy it's up to 50% chance, everyone used it until my friend broke his gameboy. :(

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Many people use this to make it feel like it works

I mean on emerald i pres a+b+l+r+direction of pokeball movement

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Sadly, that does not actually work. If it did, it'd probably be in the walkthroughs and strategy guides. By the way, I like your username! I usually call myself "Nintendork" on other websites, but it was already taken here. Now I know why!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Sadly, that does not actually work. If it did, it'd probably be in the walkthroughs and strategy guides. By the way, I like your username! I usually call myself "Nintendork" on other websites, but it was already taken here. Now I know why!

I wanna change it to nintednork 15 so once i change it u can have it

Back