• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Age Old Question: Ho-oh or Fearow?

Is it a Ho-oh or a Fearow?

• Ho-oh

Votes: 30 100.0%
  • Fearow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
Years
  • You know what I'm talking about. At the end of the first episode of the first season of Pokémon, we see a glowing bird flying in the sky. Some people think it's a Ho-oh, others think it's a Fearow. What do you think it is?

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • I'm absolutely sure it's a Ho-oh. Maybe when the anime first came out people might have thought that it was special Fearow or something, but now I think we have enough evidence for it to be Ho-oh.

Although... I think it would be hilarious if Ash finally confronted it, only to find out it's a Fearow. That would be.... shocking. XD

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It was Ho-oh...

I can bet this Spearow I found in Kanto with rainbow feathers. Nothing to debate.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    No doubt is was Ho-Oh why even debate on this one...then again, at least it gives us something to talk about...

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • It can't be a fearow... because when Ash scanned it with his Pokedex, the Pokemon was unknown, because Ho-Oh is from Johto, whereas Fearow's, a Kanto Pokemon, dex data would of come up.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    It was a Ho-oh, most definitely. I believe it was even confirmed when Ho-oh revealed itself to Ash once again later in the series.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Why does this even need a topic? It is a well known fact that it's a Ho-oh, and apart from you i have never heard of anyone call it a Fearow, not even before Ho-oh was a known Pokemon, it looks nothing like a Fearow, i know one or two people who thought it might have been an Articuno but again that was before Ho-oh was a known Pokemon.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Oh ya, it was a sparkling fearow. The makers of the show obviously mean Ash has no value in the series, so show him a worthless poke, makes real sense.

This post made me chuckle :3 But Ash has no value XD :( Anyway, on-topic, i believe it is a Ho-Oh (certain even) and it also has been revealed to have been one to. Plus, i have never heard anyone call it a Fearow, even when the episode first aired :\

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Age old question? Never heard it asked before. But yeah, my Fearow glows gold all the time.

Years
  • I THINK it might of been a Fearow. Were there any Shiny Pokemon in kanto? No. And what colour is a Shiny Fearow? Gold. Perhaps the PokeDex couldn't scan it because it never scanneda Shiny Pokemon before.

Akatsuki

Ohai There!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2009
    It's a Ho-oh. I think it even left a rainbow behind it as it flew.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Who on the planet thinks it is a fearow yes u can only see a outline but u can clearly tell that ho-oh is supoose to be that pokemon it may look a bit different but it is clearly ment to be ho-oh

Years
  • The Age Old Question: Ho-oh or Fearow?
    Gold Fearow credit to bulbapdia

The Age Old Question: Ho-oh or Fearow?
    tell me that is not ho-oh!

credit to serebii for the second pic.

end of discussion!

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • You know what I'm talking about. At the end of the first episode of the first season of Pokémon, we see a glowing bird flying in the sky. Some people think it's a Ho-oh, others think it's a Fearow. What do you think it is?

I agree with many of the other posters. The question has never been up for debate since it is very obvious which of the two it is that appears in the first episode. Fearow, being the evolved form of a common Pokemon, holds no significance whatsoever.

Back