• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Animé: 13 years-old today

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The animé turned 13 today, with it's first episode airing on this day in Japan back in '97.

Pretty cool but sad for me all the same. I've wasted 13 year of my life watching this week in and week out. Your thoughts?

Oh, and do you like how the series has changed as well? How it has progressed over these years I mean?

Nero_

Flygon Flock!~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    Wow, that's pretty cool. I don't think its sad you watched it for 13 years. Everyone has their own addiction. xD

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Wow, now that you've mentioned it... I do feel old... really old. I was only 10 when I first started watching the anime and was watching it there - right from the very first episode. -_-

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Wow, hell right! I remember the first episode when i was little. and now being 16 it's a massive shocker

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I didn't know about the series when it first started airing in Japan, but I did learn about it before it released elsewhere, and it's real hard to believe that I watched my first episode almost 13 years ago now. I can say that I've been a Pokemon for more than half my life now, which is pretty cool. xD

As for liking all the changes.. I can say that for the most part that I dislike some of the changes, like the changes in the voice overs, and the fact that I don't find the D/P anime too amusing. Still, I loved Platinum so.. Some good changes, some bad changes. I find the overall concept unchanged, am still just as much of a fan as I was back in the day. If not more so, at times.

Years
    I was born in 1997,the same year as pokemon started.I only started watching pokemon in 5th class.I'm now in 6th.But I really like pokemon.I can't believe it's already 13 years.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Oh, and do you like how the series has changed as well?
    No. Definitely not. Everything is more sweet now. Female character and her pokemons, main cast's clothes. Everything is awfully sweeter. Storyline - no adventures, just battles, battles and battles. Contests - next sweet and cute thing. More commercial stuff than at the beginning. I think show is worse now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I don't regret me being a Pokemon lover even to the tiniest bit.
    I'm not what you would classify as a Pokemon addict either, so I guess it doesn't matter.

But yeah, it's been a long time, and I haven't been watching the anime anymore after Johto.

I like some of the changes the series has brought about, but I don't like some of the other changes brought with time to the franchise, and I specially don't like most of the changes they did to the anime.
    I wanted it to progress in a different way, but I guess this version satisfies a lot of other people excluding me, and it wouldn't have been nice for them if it was my way.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    umm, happy birthday pokemon? Anyways I congragulate Pokemon on their sucess. Even after 13 years since the anime first aired, it is still popular today (pokemon in general)

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I'm 13, and I've been watching it for years now. To another 13 years!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    I was born in 1997,the same year as pokemon started.I only started watching pokemon in 5th class.I'm now in 6th.But I really like pokemon.I can't believe it's already 13 years.

This thread just tells one thing:
    I need a life.

This thread tells me how old I f'n am. Jeez, I can't imagine being born in '97. I remember when pokemon cards were banned from my school in '99.

Back