• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ash and Pikachu Show! (Season 2)

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    ANP #035: The Problem with Fanboys

(Cue OP-On Our Way-as the song plays, we see various shots of the Pokemon cast in the backstage area, getting ready for a show: Misty walks past one member of the lighting crew, making her trip and drop her paints, which color some of the notes on Brock's sheet music. He tries to clean the music, only to get walloped by a basketball in the face (thrown by May) Pikachu runs past all of this, down a hallway, and through a door with a star on it marked "Ash". He cries "Pika!" and points at a clock, which is ticking dangerously close to "Show Time!" Ash notices the time on the clock and ducks behind a screen to get ready, when he finishes, he's now decked out in a red top hat (with the same design as his cap) and tails. Ash then runs head on at the camera and makes a flying entrance onto a stage as the song concludes)

Female announcer: And now, it's time for the Ash and Pikachu Show!

(Pikachu climbs onto Ash's shoulder and smiles as the title card flies in from the right, a short clip of "On Our Way" in the background)

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene in his normal clothes and sunglasses)

Brock: And you think my love of Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy is bad.... (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(applause as Ash jogs onstage and waves to the crowd)

Ash: Thank you! Tonight--

Offstage voice: May! My lovely May!

(Ash is confused by the offstage voice, but he shrugs it off)

Ash: Anyway, tonight's show--

Offstage voice: Oh, May? (May peeks onstage, interested in the voice calling her)

May: Who IS that, anyway? Brock's not pulling a prank on me, is he?

(At this, Brock walks onstage, sets his guitar aside, and preps the projector)

Brock: Why do you guys suspect it's me? I was backstage in my dressing room when Ash came onstage!

Offstage voice: Come here, sweetheart!

(Suddenly, a Pokefan races onstage and practically glomps May)

May: I am--oof!--not your--ow!--sweetheart!

Pokefan: Yes you are! I love you and watch the show every day to see you!

(Misty glances onstage, piqued by the commotion)

Misty: What in the?

Ash: Looks like a crazed fan got past security and is trying to glomp May!

Misty: I'll handle this...(draws the cane, which yanks the Pokefan offstage, to thunderous applause)

Ash: Thanks, Misty...

Brock: And now, let's get a cartoon underway now that we have no further interruptions.... (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"The Heartbreak of Brock", part 1)

(Back onstage, May checks for any sign of the Pokefan.)

May: I think he's gone...

Offstage voice: Come to papa!

(May gasps, and steps aside as the Pokefan races by, only to crash into something backstage)

May(whispering): Missed me! (giggles)

Misty: Just let me know if you want me to yank him offstage again....but for now, let's hear more of your adventure on the links...

May: Well, the third hole introduced a new hazard for my team to play in...

("On Our Way" interlude as the title card appears: "'Par for the Course' starring May" May's face appears in the round part of the a in her name)

(Flashback-May tees off on the third hole)

May(voiceover): My first two shots were fine...(May takes her second shot) But my third shot landed in the bunker! (May winces as her ball goes into a bunker with a 'puff')

Ash(voiceover): Why is that bad?

May(voiceover): Munchlax decided the bunker was a sandbox! (May sighs, frustrated, as Munchlax builds a sandcastle in the bunker. She kicks it over and shoos Munchlax away)

Brock(voiceover): Sand trap, sand box, it probably made no difference to him.

May(voiceover): But that was only the beginning... (May puts the ball in the hole. We see that her score didn't change as "The End" appears on May's scorecard)

(May gasps as she hears scuffling backstage)

May: Brock! Start the cartoon, quickly! (Brock obliges just as the Pokefan races by)

(CARTOON-"The Heartbreak of Brock", part 2)

(We join Ash, Brock, and the band onstage. Ash watches backstage as Brock tunes his guitar)

Ash: Hopefully we can get the musical number done without the Pokefan hearing...

Misty: Take it, guys.

(music begins)

Brock: Dreaming of the stars on high,
    That speak to me in secret sighs....
    Drifting on a breeze
    Only I can feel and hear....

Could it be the sacred wind?
    That's pulling me to now begin?
    To walk into the dark,
    Carrying the light of tomorrow?

Need to walk the wings of high!
    Beyond the earth, beyond the sky!
    C'mon, don't hesitate!
    Don't look back, we've got to go now!

Don't fear,
    You'll be safe with the one
    Morning star watching over all!

Deep inside so silently,
    My heart must beat
    Deep inside of me,
    Memories flickering and shimmering on
    Endlessly...

Keeping close to the path,
    Morning star watching over all!

Moving over endless mountains up so high,
    Walking to the light,
    Your heart will
    See the path and you will find your way!
    Just wait and see!

Moving under endless skies oh so high!
    Tomorrow we'll follow, when in doubt,
    Your promises today,
    Just wait and see!

(applause as Brock and the band bow...until Brock hears footsteps coming onstage)

Brock: Uh oh...

Misty: I'll handle this! (takes her pencil and erases the Pokefan, to a standing ovation)

May: Thanks Misty...(starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"The Heartbreak of Brock"-part 3)

(We join Ash, May, and Pikachu onstage)

Ash: Well, we're out of time for tonight....

May: I'm just glad that annoying fan is gone! (laughter)

Ash: See ya next time! (waves)

Pikachu: Pika! (waves as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays as the credits roll)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
    ANP #036: The Legend of Ash

(Cue OP-On Our Way-as the song plays, we see various shots of the Pokemon cast in the backstage area, getting ready for a show: Misty walks past one member of the lighting crew, making her trip and drop her paints, which color some of the notes on Brock's sheet music. He tries to clean the music, only to get walloped by a basketball in the face (thrown by May) Pikachu runs past all of this, down a hallway, and through a door with a star on it marked "Ash". He cries "Pika!" and points at a clock, which is ticking dangerously close to "Show Time!" Ash notices the time on the clock and ducks behind a screen to get ready, when he finishes, he's now decked out in a red top hat (with the same design as his cap) and tails. Ash then runs head on at the camera and makes a flying entrance onto a stage as the song concludes)

(Pikachu climbs onto Ash's shoulder and smiles as the title card flies in from the right, a short clip of "On Our Way" in the background)

Brock: Hey, I wanted a Triforce too! (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(We look in on an orchestra tuning up--from our perspective, we can see the conductor's podium, empty. As the instruments finish tuning, we see Ash step up to the podium, to thunderous applause. Ash bows to the audience, then raises his baton. The orchestra begins to play a majestic version of the Zelda theme song. We take a look around the theater: some in the audience are nodding their heads to the beat, others just sit quietly. We observe the orchestra playing, and Ash conducting, culminating in one last hit of music. The audience applauds as Ash steps down from the podium and acknowledges the orchestra, who bow and troop offstage.)

Misty: Bravo!

May: Encore!

Brock: You make a great conductor, Ash! In fact, I know the perfect pair who would enjoy that number... (heads backstage)

Ash: Thanks, guys...I wanted to do something special tonight--(Ash is cut off by the voice of the Transporter) Huh?

Transporter: Coordinates entered: 0787. Destination: Hyrule.

(a column of light appears on the stage, unlike what the Transporter has done before)

Ash: What the?

(the group watches, amazed, as Link and Zelda descend down to the stage, to some applause. Navi flies out from under Link's cap and surveys the audience.)

Navi: We're inside a theater, and a show was obviously in progress when we arrived; but it looks like we got here in between an act.

Zelda: It's a nice theater...reminds me of the royal theater back home.

Pikachu: Pika! (swats at Navi, knocking her backwards)

Navi: Hey! (smooths her wrinkled dress out and tosses her hair back)

Ash: Pikachu! That wasn't very nice! Now tell Navi you're sorry!

Pikachu: Pika, Pi...

Navi: Apology accepted.

Link: Who knew that Bombchus like this little guy (gestures to Pikachu) liked fairies as toys?

Zelda: Link's right...I think the cute mouse wanted to play with Navi.

Navi: Well, if you want to play, play nice! (laughter as Pikachu romps offstage, beckoning for Navi to follow.)

Ash: Anyway...perhaps you guys would like to see some of the stories of your exploits? (starts the projector as Link and Zelda get comfortable)

(CARTOON-"Sing For the Unicorn!")

(some applause as the projector rewinds. Link is a little embarrassed as to what he just watched)

Link: I can't believe I used to be that obsessed with kissing you, Zelda....

Zelda: It's all right, Link...we all have our childish phases sometimes... (she is about to say more when Navi and Pikachu return to the stage)

Navi: I will admit, little guy, you're good at hide and go seek!

Pikachu: Pika.

Zelda: Say...should we teach our new friends one of the court dances? The Hylian Fling, maybe?

Link: Good idea. (he and Zelda join hands for a moment, then a march with an Irish feel begins to play. The pair skip in a circle to the beat before Link spins Zelda, then the pair dance in a circle going the other direction. Ash and the others watch the dance, bemused.)

Ash: That looks like fun! (grabs Misty and starts copying the dance)

Misty: Ash, wait! (stumbles along to Ash's dancing for a few moments, then gets the hang of the skipping)

Brock: Dance with me! (grabs May and begins doing the dance with her.)

(Pikachu grabs Mudkip and dances with her as Navi and the audience clap along. When the song concludes, everyone collapses to the floor, exhausted. Pikachu and Mudkip, meanwhile, are still going strong)

Link: The only problem with the Hylian Fling is, it's very exhausting. (laughter as Ash starts the projector)

Ash: Let's watch this while we rest. (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Fairies in the Spring")

(Back onstage, Ash tunes a fiddle while Link and Zelda watch.)

Ash: Link, Zelda, I thank you for teaching us that dance earlier... (light laughter as Pikachu and Mudkip dance by)

Zelda: Our pleasure.

Ash: Now it's our turn to perform something for you in return...take it, Brock.

[guitar intro]

Brock: Epona, Epona, come out here by me...
    As long as I see you out here, I never shed lonely tears.

Tell me now, Epona, since you're here with me...
    We shall rest here together, and our dreams will grow!

However, as wind blows and rain becomes like snow...
    As the fire of dawn comes again...
    The moon, it is setting now, rising is the sun...
    Along with its bright light, you return...

Epona, Epona, come out here by me...
    As long as I see you out here, I will never shed a tear.

Listen, please, for I will sing, the song of this time!

[guitar and fiddle solo]

Brock: Hmm...Hmm...

However, as wind blows and rain becomes like snow,
    As the time, keeps on, passing by...
    Even when I pass on, my voice will sing for you,
    The song of this time!

Hmm...Hmm...
    As long as I see you out here, I will never shed a tear!

Hmm...Hmm...
    I will always remember, the song of this time!
    The song of, this time!

(Link and Zelda lead the applause as Brock, Ash and the band bow.)

May: One more cartoon... (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Underworld Connections")

(Ash waves goodbye as the portal disappears)

Ash: There they go...home to Hyrule...

Pikachu: Pika pika Pi...

Ash: You'll miss Navi? (light laughter)

Brock: You know, Navi wasn't half as annoying as I thought! (laughter)

Ash: Well, we're out of time for tonight, so see ya next time! (waves)

Pikachu: Pika! (continues doing the Hylian Fling as the credits roll)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
    ANP #37: Legend of Thunder

Brock: Go, Beast racer! Go, Beast racer! Go Beast racer, go! (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(applause as Ash runs onstage to greet the crowd)

Ash: Thank you! Tonight we take a look at one of Johto's Legendary Beasts--the thunder Beast, Raikou. (A picture of a Raikou unfurls next to Ash, causing some curious murmurs in the audience)

(Before Ash can say any more, a loud kazoo buzz comes out of nowhere.)

Ash: Oh brother....(hides his face as Brock cavorts about the stage, buzzing on a kazoo)

Misty(offstage): You're not on yet, so save your number for later! (the cane appears and yanks Brock offstage)

Ash: Thanks, Misty...as I was saying, there have been very few sightings of Raikou in the wild, so accounts of legends that give him a rider are still being hotly debated. Fortunately for us...(produces a reel out of nowhere) We have some footage of Raikou, direct from a group of trainers who saw him--and ultimately saved him! (applause as Ash threads the reel in the projector and starts it.

(CARTOON-"Raikou! Legend of Thunder", part 1)

(Backstage, Misty is leafing through some old comics...May watches nearby, Beautifly perched on her head)

Misty: As thanks to those trainers that gave us tonight's cartoon, I'm going to reproduce the Raikou comic I drew last season.

May: That's a great idea! I'm sure they'll like it.

Beautifly: Beauuuu-tifly!

May: Beautifly says be sure and autograph it!

Misty: I will, all right? (goes to work)

(On Our Way interlude plays as title card appears-'Back to the Drawing Board' with Misty". Misty's face appears in the o in "Board")

(A white screen appears, simulating a blank piece of paper)

(Brock is drawn on the screen in his normal clothes)

Misty(voiceover): How'd you like to have an encounter with a Legendary?

(the pencil draws a safari background, followed by a Raikou drinking from a water hole)

Brock: Nice Beastie... (The Raikou growls as Brock approaches) All right, I'm leaving! (retreats behind a tree as the Raikou resumes his drink)

Misty(voiceover): I challenge you to ride the Raikou! (the pencil draws a saddle blanket in Brock's hands)

Brock: Ride a Legendary Beast like a Ponyta? Impossible!

Misty(voiceover): Not in my world it isn't! Now, go ride him!

(Brock swallows hard as he slips the blanket on Raikou. Raikou purrs a bit--until he feels the weight of a human on his back. He roars and rears up, sending Brock flying into the water with a splash)

Misty(voiceover): Towel? (the pencil draws a towel on the ground)

Brock: Yes, thanks. (he takes the towel and dries off)

(We cut to the site of a tree-Brock lays a piece of meat under the tree, then climbs up to see if Raikou approaches)

(After a few minutes, Raikou does approach and nibbles on the meat--until he feels the weight of a human on him. Brock is sent flying into the water hole again, leaving him even more soaked)

Brock: Can I have another towel? (the pencil obliges) Thanks.

(Meanwhile Brock is back in the tree, waiting for Raikou to pass by. As Raikou runs under a low branch, Brock eases himself aboard the Beast. He's about to settle in and enjoy the ride--until he realizes he's headed for the water again!)

Misty: Need another towel?

Brock: Come to think of it, the water feels good...but at least I rode Raikou!

(he dives underwater, the resulting ripples spell "The End")

(May watches as Misty autographs the last scene)

Misty: There...all done! (tears off the autographed comic from her pad)

May: I'll take this to Ash. (takes the paper onstage, where Ash is busy prepping the projector) Here...

Ash: What is it?

May: A thank you for those trainers that brought tonight's footage. (Ash takes the paper, sets it aside, and starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Raikou! Legend of Thunder", part 2)

(We join Ash, Brock and the band onstage-Ash has his Pokeflute, and Brock has some bongo drums)

Brock: I thought I'd give the guitar a rest tonight... (laughter) Take it, Ash...

(Ash plays a light riff, then Brock picks up the pace with some exuberant drumming)

Brock: Ho'oh came down from heaven,
    Just to see a matinee!
    Every moment brought a miracle
    Like the day she came my way!

She said, "I flew
    Right out of paradise,
    Just to find piece of mind."

She said, "I don't regret a minute of it,
    Cause I'm havin' a good time!"
    Then she came, came to me!
    And whispered in my ear,

Ash and Brock: I would do anything!
    I would do anything!
    I would do anything!
    I would do anything!
    I would do anything!
    I would do anything!
    I would do anything!
    I would do anything!

(Brock proceeds to perform a vocal trumpet solo, while Ash counters with a Pokeflute riff)

Brock: An angel came down from heaven,
    Just to feel a rainy day!
    Every raindrop brought such joy and pain,
    Like the day she walked my way!

Well, she wrapped her arms around me,
    Spoke so tenderly,
    "Just as long as you are willing," she said,
    "It's not hard to be free!"
    Then she turned to leave,
    Then she whispered in my ear,

I would do anything!
    I would do anything!
    I would do anything!
    I would do anything!
    I would do anything!
    I would do anything!
    I would do anything!
    I would do anything!

(As Brock continues singing "I would do anything", the girls join in with the percussion singing "Nomani dakedo" as a countermelody while Ash continues playing)

Brock: AI! (wild applause as the gang and the band bow)

Ash: That was fun, but we've gotta wrap this up...(starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Raikou! Legend of Thunder", part 3)

(We join Ash, Pikachu, and Brock onstage)

Ash: We're about out of time for tonight...

Brock: I think Pikachu likes my beat... (continues playing his beat from earlier, while Pikachu dances)

Ash: See ya next time! Nomani dakedo! (the curtain closes as a Pokeflute riff begins)

(Brock resumes singing "I would do anything", while the girls continue with their chant of "Nomani dakedo" in the background as the credits roll)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
    ANP #038: Pokemon's Rescue Rangers

Brock: No case too big, no case too small, just give your local Pokemon Ranger a call! (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(Applause as Ash runs to greet the crowd)

Ash: Thank you! Tonight we're featuring some highly adventurous types...ones you'll find in the Safari Zone and other parks. (Some curious murmurs waft through the audience) Who are they, you ask? None other than Pokemon Rangers! (applause) That being said, join me in welcoming our two guests to the stage.

(Applause as Kazuki and Hinata, along with their Pokemon, run onstage. Plusle and Minun opt to play with Pikachu while Kazuki and Hinata make themselves comfy in two chairs facing Ash)

Hinata: Thanks so much for allowing us to come, Ash....plus it's great to see you again.

Kazuki: It's great to see you again as well...even though we were both on the movie 9 set a few days ago!

Hinata: I have to wonder how the film crew handles your scenes with the Kyorge...

Kazuki: Easy...I do what I'm told for that scene with a sandbag representing the Kyorge. The Kyorge will be drawn in later. (light applause)

Ash: Can you tell the audience something about movie 9, Kazuki?

Kazuki: The only thing I CAN tell them without spoiling anything is that it involves Kyorge...and it features a new Pokemon--but that's a surprise! (light laughter and applause)

Ash: Coming to theaters this summer! (more applause as Kazuki takes a bow.)

(Just then, Brock peeks onstage, a pile of reeds in his hand)

Brock: Anyone got any tape?

Pikachu: Pika! (Minun hands some tape to Pikachu, who gives it to Brock.)

Brock: Thanks... (heads offstage)

Hinata: Kazuki, you didn't forget the video, did you?

Kazuki: I made sure to grab it before we left the base this morning. (threads the reel in the projector, then Ash starts it)

(CARTOON-"Go, Go, Pokemon Ranger!", part 1)

(Hinata and Plusle observe Misty at the drawing board)

Plusle: Plus!

Misty: You like that? (The berry Misty was drawing comes to life, and Plusle quickly consumes it.)

Hinata: I guess Plusle wanted a snack...

(Suddenly, Plusle's ears prick up in interest at the sound of panpipes wafting through the backstage area. She bounds off of Hinata's shoulder in search of the sound)

Hinata: What is it, Plusle? (scans the sound wave pattern with her Capture Styler as she follows Plusle) It appears to be the sound of a wind instrument...and Plusle must like the song of whoever's playing it.

(Misty catches up to Hinata in the hallway.)

Misty(thinking): So THAT's what Brock was doing with all those reeds--making panpipes!

(Sure enough, Brock sits against a pile of boxes, playing a simple melody on the panpipes he made earlier. Plusle, as well as Minun and Pikachu, sit nearby, listening to the song)

Misty: Aww...

Hinata: They look cute...and they're obviously enjoying the song...maybe I could set my Styler to play the sound of panpipes to flush out Pokemon...(muses on this as she starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Go, Go, Pokemon Ranger!", part 2)

(Meanwhile, Ash and Kazuki are looking for the girls and their Pokemon)

Kazuki: Minun!

Ash: Pikachu!

(Pikachu hears Ash's voice, and motions for the boys to come closer. Kazuki is interested in the pipes Brock is playing)

Kazuki: Interesting instrument...

Hinata: Isn't it amazing how just a few simple reeds can be so mesmerizing?(listens to Brock play)

(Kazuki notes that Brock has some reeds left over--just enough to make a second instrument! He grabs the extra reeds and begins cutting them.)

(After a few minutes, Kazuki trims the rough edges on his pipes. His first note is a little shaky and wavery, distracting Brock from his song.)

Brock: No, you're not aiming your airstream right at the reed--that's how you get a good sound. (blows a few notes to illustrate his point. Kazuki tries to imitate Brock, but his note still sounds a bit shaky)

Ash: While Brock gives Kazuki a panpipe lesson, let's watch the conclusion of my adventure with Hinata...

(Plusle turns towards the screen as Ash loads the reel in the projector)

(CARTOON-"Go, Go, Pokemon Ranger!" part 3)

(We rejoin the cast onstage)

Kazuki: Let's see if I can do this... (proceeds to play a slightly slower version of Brock's song, to some applause)

Ash: We're almost out of time for tonight...so see ya next time!

Pikachu: Pika! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. A panpipe version of "On Our Way" plays in the background as the credits roll)

EmeraldSky

Years
    ANP #039: Return to the Legend

Brock: Note to self: Never trust the "Randomize" button. (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(Applause as Ash runs onstage to greet the crowd)

Ash: Thank you! Tonight we're--(Ash is suddenly cut off by random bleeping noises) Brock, what are you--

Brock: I just hit the Transporter's Randomize button, and I'm waiting to see which universe it will contact.

Ash: Errgh...

(Button dial stops on the coordinates for Hyrule, but we see they are very different from the actual Hyrule coordinates)

Brock: Hyrule?

Ash: Uh-oh.

(Light flashes, as three people emerge from the Transporter. A man in a dark trench coat emerges, followed by two other men, one with blond hair and black highlights, with black marks on his eyes, and another with a simple grey tunic)

Man 1: What the-

Man 2: Where are we?

Man 3: Look at the women! (continues oggling over Misty and May)

(Man 1 notices Ash)

Man 1: Demon!

(A sword emerges from a sheath on the man's back, and presses directly against Ash's throat.)

Ash: ::gulp::

(Brock grabs a solid red Poke Ball and heaves it into the air)

Brock: Flames, gather and destroy! Moltres! (The red Poke Ball opens, and Moltres appears)

Pikachu: Pikapi! (fires a thunderbolt at the man, freeing Ash)

Ash: Thanks, Pikachu...recall Moltres, Brock, I'm okay! (Brock obliges)

Man 1: Where are we, Nomen?

Man 2: I don't know, we were outside Kalea just now. Where are Aldez, Eryngo, and Frieda?

Man 3: I don't know, but I don't really care either. (drools over Misty and May) What fine, young women we have here. Think we can stay, Jarred?

Man 1: No, Kent, we need to destroy these demon summoners! (points sword towards Brock) Tell me where we are!

Brock: The theater? We are your friends, not foes.

Ash: Okay guys, why don't you calm down and take a seat?

Nomen: Where are we, demon summoner? (branishes golden sword)

Ash: Okay, first off, the name's Ash. Secondly, you're in my theater, Brock pulled ya here from the Transporter. All right?

Jarred: Why, Ash?

Ash: Because Brock was being stupid!

Brock: Hey! Are you saying I'm stupid? (laughter)

Kent: Clearly he is, or he would have noticed such lovely young ladies here. (kisses the hands of Misty and May)

Jarred: Kent, sit. Oogle the girls later.

Ash: We are your friends, not foes... (starts projector)

(CARTOON-Underworld Connections, part 1)

(Nomen watches, silent, as the projector rewinds)

Jarred: Interesting means of projecting our memories of the great hero, Link...

Nomen: I would say I liked it too, had Loverboy here not been yelling "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" the whole time! (laughter)

Kent: Hey, excuuuuuuuuuuse me! (more laughter)

Misty: Who wants to see my magical pencils in action? (Kent is backstage by Misty's side in point two seconds)

Kent: I want see what wonders your drawing utensils weave, my lovely one!

Brock: Hey, that's my line! (laughter as Misty goes to work. A Charmander climbs on the easel to watch)

(On Our Way interlude plays as title card appears-'Back to the Drawing Board' with Misty". Misty's face appears in the o in "Board")

(A white screen appears, simulating a blank piece of paper)

Misty(voiceover): All righty, draw Brock here... (a pencil appears and draws Brock on the screen)

Charmander(voiceover): Char! (The pencil draws a green tunic, a matching hat, gloves, white tights, and boots onto Brock)

May(voiceover): Oh you're drawing Link this time?

Brock: Yeah, but how can I be Link without the proper gear?

Misty(voiceover): Just a sec... (The pencil draws the Hylian Shield and Master Sword in Brock's hands)

Brock: Okay, now I need a place to go adventuring...

Misty(voiceover): Outside or in a temple?

May(voiceover): Temple!

Misty(voiceover): Can do! (The pencil draws an exotic looking temple background behind Brock)

(Brock starts exploring the temple, but after going down corridor after corridor, he starts getting a little bored.)

Brock: Some adventure this is...I wish I could have a monster to fight... (The pencil draws a Stalfos before Brock)

Misty(voiceover): Here you go...now, fight!

Brock: ::gulp:: (a dustcloud ensues in the temple as the fight begins...the cloud ultimately escapes the paper and spills out into the real world!)

May: Go, Brock!

Charmander: Char mander! (waves a flag with Brock's face on it)

(Brock peeks out of the dust cloud, now in his normal clothes)

Brock: Mind if I borrow this? (grabs the pencil and erases the Stalfos)

Misty: If only the real Link had it that easy... (starts cleaning up) Okay, guys... (tears the page off) Here you are, an autographed copy!

Kent: OH BABY!!! (attempts to glomp Misty)

Ash: Security!

(Brock stands by the projector, wincing at the pushing, shoving, a mysterious POOF, then screams, followed by more pushing and shoving)

Brock: Don't ask me what's going on back there, I'm only the projectionist. (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Underworld Connections", part 2)

(Jarred, Nomen, and Kent watch as Ash tunes a fiddle, and Brock tunes his guitar as the band waits)

Ash: Now it's our turn to perform something for you in return...take it, Brock.

[guitar intro]

Brock: Epona, Epona, come out here by me...
    As long as I see you out here, I never shed lonely tears.
    We shall rest here together, and our dreams will grow!

However, as wind blows and rain becomes like snow...
    As the fire of dawn comes again...
    The moon, it is setting now, rising is the sun...
    Along with its bright light, you return...

Epona, Epona, come out here by me...
    As long as I see you out here, I will never shed a tear.
    Listen, please, for I will sing, the song of this time!

[guitar and fiddle solo]

Brock: Hmm...Hmm...

However, as wind blows and rain becomes like snow,
    As the time, keeps on, passing by...
    Even when I pass on, my voice will sing for you,
    The song of this time!

Hmm...Hmm...
    As long as I see you out here, I will never shed a tear!
    Hmm...Hmm...
    I will always remember, the song of this time!
    The song of, this time!

(applause as Ash, Brock, and the band bow. Suddenly, they are cut off by random instrument blats.)

Ash: Somebody make them stop! (covers his ears as Kent, Jarred, and Nomen jam on a horn, ocarina, and electric guitar, respectively)

Misty: Time to send these three home...(starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Underworld Connections", part 3)

(We return to the theater just as the portal closes up)

Ash: Moral of tonight's show, kids: Never trust the Randomizer button! (laughter)

Brock: I'll say...

Ash: We're out of time, so we'll see ya next time!

Pikachu: Pika! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays as the credits roll.)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
    ANP #040: Baby Blues

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene in his normal clothes and sunglasses cradling Bonsly)

Brock: Isn't he cute? (Bonsly bites Brock's finger) Yipe! (a final hit of music plays as the scene fades out)

(Applause as Ash runs onstage and waves to the crowd)

Ash: Thank you! Tonight we pay tribute to the next generation of Pokemon superstars... (Ash pauses to pick up a Pichu running around his feet) These little guys. (some "Aww"s go up from the audience as Ash cradles the Pichu.)

Misty: How cute...makes me think of Togepi.

(Just then, a Togepi waddles onstage. Brock follows the Togepi, feeding Bonsly)

Misty: OH! (hearts appear in Misty's eyes as she races up to the Togepi and hugs it)

Ash(to the Pichu): Say hi to the audience, Pichu.

Pichu: Hi to the audience, Pichu! (laughter)

Brock: I think you got the budding comedian, Ash. (drapes a towel over one shoulder in preparation to give Bonsly a burping)

(After a few tense seconds, we hear a tiny burp, follwed by a SPLAT!)

(The camera shows a puddle of barf, which Brock is frantically mopping up)

Ash: Catch! (tosses a ball backstage, which Pichu chases) While we clean up our mess, watch this! (starts the projector, then runs to give Brock a hand)

(CARTOON-"A Tree Grows in Kanto")

(Ash rocks the Pichu as Brock finishes cleaning up the mess from earlier)

Ash: You're such a cutie, yes you are!

Pichu: What's this? (holds up a whistle before Ash)

Ash: Well... (takes the whistle and ponders how to explain how to play it to Pichu) This is a whistle...you play it by blowing into this end (gestures to the mouthpiece) and putting your fingers on the holes while you're blowing to make the different notes. Watch... (Ash demonstrates by playing a D scale)

Pichu: Wow! (rummages through a box until he finds another whistle and attempts to copy Ash, much to Misty's chargrin)

Misty: Ick...teach him a song, quick! (covers her ears)

Ash: Here...just follow my fingers... (plays the first two measures of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", which Pichu copies. Ash plays the next two measures, and Pichu copies that, all the way until he can more or less play the whole song.)

Pichu: Hey, guys! (Bonsly and Togepi race over) Listen! (he plays the song. Bonsly and Togepi cheer when he's done.) Now can you play something with a beat?

Ash: Sure! (starts a rousing reel...until Combusken walks backstage.)

Combusken: Busk...

Ash: Oops...(sheepishly smiles as he pockets the whistle. Combusken smiles and heads back to May's dressing room) Forgot that Combusken doesn't like whistles...

Pichu: Why doesn't she like them?

Ash: Beats me...I can't practice in here, lest she hear me.

Misty: Guys! Come watch this! (Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu hurry over to where a screen is waiting as sit down as Misty starts the projector.)

(CARTOON-"Who Gets to Keep Togepi?")

(guitar intro as we look in on Brock and the band playing in the theater)

(Ash joins in on whistle...much to Combusken's chagrin. She stomps over and shoots Ash The Look. Ash quickly stops playing and pockets the whistle. Brass and steel drums continue as the light comes up on Brock strumming to the beat.)

(Ash dashes backstage and resumes playing his whistle, much to the delight of Bonsly, Togepi and Pichu, they dash onstage before Brock can solo.)

Brock: One sunny morning, I got up late,
    And there were these Mankeys outside the gate!
    (Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu run around Brock's feet)
    The guards tried to stop them, they had no luck,
    The Mankeys broke free and they ran amok!
    (Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu run offstage, forcing Brock to chase after them)
    I don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu: Don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

Brock: I don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

Brock: So I dropped by to see the studio nurse, (we see Nurse Joy tending to some Pokemon)
    I came downstairs, and what could be worse?
    The Mankeys were doing a crazy dance,
    (we see Bonsly and Pichu dancing)
    And they put Ledybas inside my pants! (we see Togepi do just that, making Brock dance along with Bonsly and Pichu)

Brock: Mankeys dance, and I dance too!

Brock: I ran onstage, and grabbed a stick, (Brock swipes a drumstick nearby the drummer)
    I'm telling you guys, those Mankeys were quick! (Brock is shocked at what he sees back in the Pokemon Center)
    Cause when I returned, much to my disgrace,
    The Mankeys had Nurse Joy in a warm embrace!
    (Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu cling to Nurse Joy)

Nurse Joy: I don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

Pichu: For a credit, I'll give you a clue!

Togepi: I didn't know your eyes were so blue!

Brock: I don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

(Brock dashes outside to escape the babies. Ash takes this opportunity to solo with the band. He continues to play as Brock dashes back inside and all around the backstage area.)

Brock: I went for a bath, took a shower, and shave,
    The Mankeys gonna send me off to my grave!
    The entire bathroom was laid to rest,
    And they tried to shave my head with toothpaste!
    (We see Brock with a mound of toothpaste on his head as Pichu and Togepi prepare to shave him, or try to. Brock races from the bathroom before the shaving begins)
    I don't know what to say, the Mankey's won't do!

Brock: These guys are crazy, I'm telling you!

Brock: Now by this time, and without much flair,
    They used a basting brush to comb my hair!
    (We see Togepi and Pichu doing just that, making Brock's hair stick up in fifteen defferent directions)
    I asked them to leave, but they stayed around,
    They pulled the handle and I went down!
    (Pichu flushes Brock down the toilet)

Brock: Call my agent, I'm fixing to sue!

(Ash and the band solo again as Brock chases the babies, but Combusken stops Ash mid-solo. A dust cloud ensures as Ash and Combusken fight each other. Brock gets pulled into the fray as Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu dance by with maracas. Before they can dance out the stage door, Brock finds them, and the chase resumes again.)

Brock: My patience ran out, and this time for sure,
    I am gonna show those Mankeys the door!
    And if they don't leave, I'm inviting you,
    (Brock throws on an apron and enters his dressing room, where a pot is simmering on the stove)
    To my place for dumplings and Mankey stew! (We see Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu in the pot)

Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu: Don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do! (they continue cooking Brock)

Brock: Now I'm in the stew...oh pooh...

Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu: Don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do! (Brock escapes the pot and runs away!)

Brock: Watch out for Mankeys, I'm telling you!

Bonsly, Togepi, Pichu, Ash and Nurse Joy: Don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

Bonsly, Togepi, and Pichu: We're not Mankeys, we're just cuckoo!

Bonsly, Togepi, Pichu, Ash, and Nurse Joy: Don't know what to say, the Mankeys won't do!

Ash: Cha-cha-cha! (applause as everyone bows)

Togepi: Can we do that again?

Brock: Oh, please, no! (laughter as Brock dashes backstage. Misty just rolls her eyes as she starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Party Panic!")

(We join Ash, Pikachu, Misty, and the babies onstage)

Ash: Well, it's almost time to say goodbye... (all the babies start crying)

Misty: Hey, we'll be back tomorrow! (the babies cheer)

Ash: See you next time! (waves)

Pikachu: Pika! (waves goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays as the credits roll)

THE END

EmeraldSky

Years
    ANP #041: That Old Black Magic!

(Suddenly, Brock appears in the scene in his movie 8 costume)

Brock: Freezing wind, speak of forgotten truths! Blizzara! (blue light flashes from Brock's hands, freezing the title card) Oops...the show's just as cool!
    (smiles over one last hit of music as the scene fades out)

(Applause as Ash runs onstage to greet the crowd--we notice that he's wearing the same attire we see him wear in the OP)

Ash: Thank you! Tonight we're devoting the show to magic--and what better way to start that working some magic myself! (applause as Ash removes his hat and sets it on the table) For my first trick, I will pull Pikachu from my hat. (summons a magic wand from thin air) Hocus pocus, slickety slam, a razzle ma taz, and Alakazam! (a puff of smoke appears, but Togepi appears in the hat.) Oops, wrong Pokemon....(shoos Togepi offstage) Hocus pocus, slickety slam, a razzle ma taz, and Alakazam! (another puff of smoke appears, but a Pichu is in the hat.) Close enough...

(Ash starts digging through the hat, looking for Pikachu.)

Ash: Nope...(tosses a baseball aside and pulls out his Rustboro souvenir outfit) I was wondering where that went! (tosses it aside....and pulls out Onix!)

Brock: Onix? How'd you get in there?

Ash: Don't ask. (continues rummaging through the hat. Some of the items that come out include jacks, superballs, various Pokemon, and a 50 mile long strand of ribbons. Misty comes onstage, piqued by the items flying backstage.)

Misty: What's going on?

Brock: Ash was gonna pull Pikachu out of the hat, but now he's pulling out everything but the kitchen sink. (no sooner does Brock say this, does a sink come flying backstage)

Misty: NOW he's pulled out the kitchen sink. (giggles)

(Frustrated, Ash shakes the hat, and even more stuff comes falling to the floor...and Pikachu's at the top!)

Pikachu: Pika! (waves as the crowd applauds)

Ash: Bout time...(brushes himself off)

Misty: I'll go tell our guest that she's on...(heads backstage)

Ash: Until then, you guys can watch this. (digs through the pile of stuff until he finds the projector and starts it)

(CARTOON-"As Clear as Crystal!")

(We join Ash (now in his normal clothes) onstage)

Ash: Now...join me in welcoming Master Mage Lilly to the stage. (applause as Lily skips onstage and makes herself comfortable before Ash)

Lily: Thanks so much for allowing me to come join you tonight!

Ash: My pleasure.

Lily: In fact, I have a special surprise for you!

Ash: Oh? (he gets up from the chair, excited)

Lily: Yeah, just close your eyes...

Ash: Okay... (closes his eyes)

Lily: Pika pika! Round and round you go....Pikachu!

(a yellow puff of smoke engulfs Ash...when the smoke clears, we see a Pikachu with some features of Ash standing before Lily. The audience applauds.)

Ash: Dah! Not being turned into a Pikachu again!!!!

Lily: You seemed to enjoy it the last time, so I made an extra strong version of the Pika-Pika Special that lasts twice as long as the normal spell! (Ash sulks as the audience applauds)

Ashachu: Well...being a Pikachu isn't that bad...(practices his Agility by running a few laps around the stage.) At least I get improved agility! (laughter as Ashachu races about)

(Meanwhile, Brock is backstage, watching all this unfold while tuning his guitar)

Brock: What's the Pika-Pika Special, anyway?

Misty: When we last saw Lily in the Orange Islands, she used that same spell to turn Ash into a Pikachu.

Brock: Hmm...he does look cute as a Pikachu...

Misty: Watch this...this'll help you understand. (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Hocus Pokemon", part 1)

(Brock walks onstage with his guitar, bemused as Ash continues to race about with his newfound Pikachu agility.)

Brock: Fancy a song, Lily? (waits as the band joins him)

Lily: Sure! Sing something about magic!

Brock: All righty then!

(guitar intro)

Brock: Music is Magic!
    Nothin can compare!
    Everybody starts to rock
    When music's in the air!

Music is Magic!
    Music makes you whole...

(Music is Magic!)
    It wraps itself around you,
    Filling up your soul!

Music is Magic!
    Cuts through sadness like a knife!
    Wondrous and mystical,

(Music is Magic)
    Somethin' of a miracle!
    (Sweet, sweet Magic)
    Music is the sweet, sweet sound of love!

(Music is Magic!)
    Music sets you free!
    (Music is Magic!)
    It lets you see the world the way it oughtta be!

Music is Magic!
    Cuts through sadness like a knife!
    Wondrous and mystical,

(Music is Magic)
    Somethin' of a miracle!
    (Sweet, sweet Magic)
    Music is the sweet, sweet sound of love!

(Music is Magic!)
    Music sets you free!
    (Music is Magic!)
    It lets you see the world the way it oughtta be!

(Music is Magic!)
    Music makes you fly!
    (Music is Magic!)
    It finds you when you're low
    And lifts you to the sky!

(Music is Magic!)
    (Music is Magic!)

(applause as Brock and the band bow)

Lily: Bravo! Encore!

Misty: Here's the conclusion of our cartoon--watch that while I try to get Lily to turn Ash back. (starts the projector)

(CARTOON-"Hocus Pokemon", part 2)

(We join Ashachu, Lily, and Misty onstage)

Ashachu: Come on, Lilly, I've had enough of being a Pikachu!

Lilly: Well...

Ashachu: Please?

Lilly: Okay! Heavenly wind, carry us to the fountain of power! Esuna!

(a puff of blue smoke appears...and when it clears, Ash is seen.)

Ash: Thanks...I do appriciate my human form. (laughter) We're out of time for tonight, so I'll see you next time!

Pikachu: Pika! (he, Ash, and Lily wave goodbye as the curtain closes. "On Our Way" reprise plays as the credits roll.)

THE END

Back