• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Bad Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markio390

Everyone has to die
    Years
    Hey in pokemon ruby/sapphire I've got a bad egg, my friend got then he traded it to my other and then to me. It says it will take a very very long time to hatch, I think its connected to missingno on route 118 if you've any other info on it please tell

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    A bad egg is a usually the result an error from Gameshark or AR. It will never hatch. If you use a hatch code, it will hatch into ? (Missingno) and the game will freeze. So I would just trade it back to your friend if I were you, since there's no other way to get rid of it.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    oh, no
    get rid of it before it turnes your other pkmn into bad eggs

It doesnt do that, its not some gimmicky illness, it's just a glitch.

But yeah,make him have it back. Better safe than sorry.

Wormow

Worminister
    Years
    You got a bad egg? That sucks. Like the above, trade it back to your friend. He'll understand why to NOT use action replays.

Aine

♫ ✰ queen's ★ knight ✰ ♫
    Years
    A bad egg? Ouch. You should trade it back to your friend. Otherwise your game is not going to look pretty.

Years
    Here are some cool things to try with a bad egg:

- Try to put it in the daycare center
    - Try to trade it to someone
    - Try to nickname it

People, we should experiment with this stuff and not just throw it away like you all are suggesting. Take this advice from an expert pokemon breeder:

Have fun with it... Try new things with it. Raise it as if it was a pokemon. You never know what you might discover with it. Never put it in your box, it won't hurt your game. You could tell your friends a rare pokemon comes out of it and take there prized charizard for it (which means something came out of the egg, right)

; )

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    ^ Some people do not want to risk that. I know I would on my Emerald, considering I have stuff that's almost five years old on there. I had the same Sapphire file for about four years and I just recently started a new game, after trading over 100 Pokemon to Emerald.

I wouldn't risk it at all. Trade it back. Release it. Something.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023

- Try to nickname it

People, we should experiment with this stuff and not just throw it away like you all are suggesting. Take this advice from an expert pokemon breeder:

Have fun with it... Try new things with it. Raise it as if it was a pokemon. You never know what you might discover with it. Never put it in your box, it won't hurt your game. You could tell your friends a rare pokemon comes out of it and take there prized charizard for it (which means something came out of the egg, right)

; )

Why would you want to mess around with something that nintendo have publicised as an error in the game? If there's a crack in your wall do you open it further?

And what does being an expert breeder have to do with a glitch?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Hmm... I've gotten some bad eggs in sapphire before but I actually got rid of one (which made my Manetric and baby Mudkip disappear).

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011

- Try to nickname it

; )

Look, I've read lots of glitch articles, and, every article about the BadEGG I've read tells you not to mess with it, and never have one, and if you do get it, get rid of it as quickly as possible.

The BadEGG can change all you're other Pokémon (Including Legendaries and Starters) into BadEGGs. I've heard that is only if you check it's summary, though. But I'm guessing this user has. Because Mariko knew what the part about hatching said: it will take a very long time to hatch.

Last edited:

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    no, I am a glitch hunter. and I have a lot of bad eggs, and they have never turened my prized shiny rayquaza, Darkfire into one of them

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Have you checked the BadEGG's summary? If not, that might be why none of you Pokémon have changed into BadEGGs. If you have, meh, then you're just very lucky.

Years
    All you have to do is trade someone. It's really very simple. Just go to Answer Yahoo and ask anyone to trade. There are a bunch of noob people out there. It's entirely up to you or you're gonna leave it in your box forever.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009

- Try to nickname it

; )

I am very careful about glitches in games but perhaps with some testing and reaserch it actually could have a purpose that could assist in some area of the game :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I tried hacking items once and all of my pokemon were turned into bad eggs with psn. when I tried to enter a battle the game crashed, when I tried to view bad eggs stats the game crashed and then I noticed my name had become some glitchy sybols, I tried to view my trainer card and the game crashed. This was on Firered

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back