• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Ballad of Katie Ketchum

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    Chapter One: Decision Time
    It was nearing Katie's 10th birthday, and she had a big choice to make. The 9 year old with long black hair, a courageous-if not reckless-attitude with a bit of a short fuse, had to flip a coin: trainer or gym leader in training.

She comes from a very strong line of Pokemon handlers. Her father, a world renowned trainer. Her mother, a gym leader. Her godparents: a former trainer(and rival to her father) turned researcher; a famous breeder; a Pokemon watcher who works for her grandfather; two famous Pokemon Coordinators and one of their brothers, who is a trainer himself; a master of Dragon Pokemon; another Gym leader; a talented inventor and his sister who is also a trainer; a Pokemon photographer; another trainer that beat her father in his first tournament; a rare talking Meowth; and one of her father's childhood friends. Her grandpa one of the most influential researchers and her grandma got a Mr. Mime to stick around to do house chores. And she had three aunts, her mom's sisters, who toured the world in a water Pokemon show and were occasional gym leaders themselves. The day she was born she was the closest thing to Pokemon royalty to come along in quite some time. While it might seem like she has a large number of godparents, her parents were overprotective after years of dealing with Team Rocket and wanted to make sure she was safe no matter where she went. This included a talking Meowth who was a common enemy in her father's travels, but had come to an understanding, as this Meowth had a genuine fondness for both kids and a particular Pikachu and made sure that even if she got caught up in Team Rocket's schemes she would ultimately escape unharmed(although his partners in crime had a soft spot for little kids themselves).

Unlike most would-be trainers starting their journey, she wouldn't have to pick a starter Pokemon and hope for the best. Her mom had took her fishing many times, she had palled around with her dad on a few quests, and went on expeditions with her godparents and grandparents and already had a sizeable collection of Pokemon. She had not been allowed to go out and battle, although she was allowed to spar at her parent's gym and she had many Pokemon around for them to train against.

She caught her first Pokemon when she was 4 years old. While on an expedition with her godfather to investigate the mysterious Yveltal(which her father had tussled with years before) to see if there were more than just one, he let her play with a Master Ball. She fell down into a cavern only to find an adolescent Yveltal, and while frightened threw the Master Ball at it, and the shocked Yveltal was caught before it even knew what happened to it and was powerless to stop it. She didn't tell anyone what had happened, and kept the ball safe under her bed for years until she started keeping it in the laboratory with her other caught Pokemon that she wasn't old enough to officially train yet. She never would say what was inside, and her parents and others just assumed she had accidentally used a Master Ball on a Weedle or a Pidgey and was embarrassed. She would occasionally let it out of it's ball when no one else was around, although keeping a giant evil bird looking creature away from prying eyes was hard to do. Still, she had formed a bond with it over the years, and had taught it many attacks in secret. She hopes to one day match it up against her father's Charizard, who her Yveltal shares a similar personality with. After she had started keeping Pokemon in the lab officially, she secretly snuck in at night with the Master Ball she had been hiding and transferred it's contents to a normal Pokeball that formerly had one of two Doduos she had caught. She released the Doduo, transferred the contents, and had it put back in the system so her grandpa wouldn't realize there was an extra Pokemon. She would also routinely sneak in and reshuffle it's spot in the rotation so it was never one that her grandpa would release to get exercise as he commonly did with Pokemon in his care.

Her parents hadn't really pressured her one way or the other. She had her father's oftentimes "act before thinking" attitude combined with her mother's fiery personality. And boy did she resemble them both. Her father's childhood friend, one of her godparents, had a son the same age as her and they were as competitive as could be, although she had a more natural knack for capturing Pokemon and bonding with them, much like her father. Ironically enough, her friendly rival wanted to be a water Pokemon master like her mother is, while she has a fondness for bug Pokemon, which her mother hates.

When she was 8 years old, while traveling with her mother to go see a Togetic that she had released years before, she came across a small group of 9 Eevee pups guarded by another young Vulpix, all of whom had been separated from their packs, and helped her mom protect them from yet another of Team Rocket's plans. She showed a natural ability to connect personally with the frightened young Pokemon, and they allowed themselves to be caught. However, since she wasn't quite of age yet, they instantly transported back to her grandpa's lab for safekeeping until she was old enough. The only reason this didn't happen with the Yveltal she caught was because it was technically still her godfather's Master Ball so didn't register the need to be transported. She would eventually evolve them all into one each of Eevee's evolved forms, with an extra Eevee left as is, and her dad was pretty amazed at how quirky it was that she ended up with 9, just the right amount to do such a thing. Her Vulpix had also evolved into a Ninetales after many sparring sessions with her friends and family.

It was the morning of her tenth birthday, and she had made up her mind. She had woken up extra early and rushed to her grandpa's lab and pulled out one Pokemon, and was waiting for her parents and grandparents when they woke up. She announced that while she wasn't sure what she wanted to do in the long term, for now she wanted to follow her dad's footsteps on his first journey through Kanto, to try and make the Indigo League. Her parent's smiled at each other. Her mom curled her long red hair in her fingers and said when the time comes and she gets to her gym, she wasn't going to take it easy on her. Her dad offered the use of his Pikachu, who she had grown up with and that loved her unconditionally, but she refused while her grandpa noted she already had quite a few Pokemon to choose from, not needing to go through the trouble of picking a starter. She pulled out a single Pokeball, and released it's inhabitant: a Pichu! She tossed his Pokeball into her bag and had the Pichu climb on her shoulder, mimicking how the relationship started with her father and his beloved Pikachu. She hugged her parents and grandparents and walked out the door, full of confidence, only to get knocked over by her godbrother. He had been on his way to the lab, eager to start his own journey, and wound up eavesdropping. He said he would like to accompany her, much like her parents had done years before. He asked if there were any Pokemon left, and the Professor said he would go check. Our heroine's father followed suit and had a suggestion: knowing that he liked water Pokemon, he would release his Squirtle to be handed over as a starter Pokemon, to help keep an extra eye on them and keep them safe. He released Squirtle and asked if that arrangement was OK with him, which Squirtle happily obliged and they shared a warm embrace after years of friendship.

With his new Pokemon in hand, the two set out on their journey.

"So Misty, how do you think they will do?"
    "Well, she's just like you Ash so..I am terrified."
    "Katie is strong and a natural trainer, just like the both of you. And Tyler is, well, uh at least Tyler has Squirtle," Professor Oak chimed in.
    "Serena will kill us both if anything happens to him," Misty pointed out.
    "Yea, maybe Squirtle isn't enough. Hey Pikachu, want to go see if we can find Pidgeot? I bet that flock of Pidgeys he was watching are doing just fine now, and he could watch them without them even knowing."
    "Pika pika!"
    "Oh, brother," Misty moaned. "Here we go again. I will grab my bike."

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, welcome to the happiest place on earth, besides Golden Corral I guess. The first thing that occurred to me while reading this was that Katie Ketchum is over-powered. I thought her backstory was a little odd in the second paragraph, and then it turns out that she accidentally caught Yveltal at four years old? What attacks could she have taught it at that age? And then the coinciden-sanity that landed her with nine Eevee to evolve into every form on top of the clause that allowed her to secretly have caught the Yveltal. I can see that being Ash's kid would entitle her to some things, but that's kind of pushing my suspension of disbelief, her luck.

Second, there was more of Katie's backstory given than interaction within this chapter. You outright described her character, which you could've described through dialogue or interactions with other characters. And even with the interaction you've given, I didn't see the traits you described her having.

I also see what you did there with the Ash x Misty. (I thought he'd never grow up, but obviously did -trollface-) And I am curious at what their kid would be like if she met Ash's old friends or even had his legacy trailing behind her.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • A ballad is a song. It's not a story.

I find it very unrealistic that a trainer of Katie's age could catch all these pokemon. Seriously, 9 of an extremely popular pokemon that is only shown to be native to Kalos? And a legendary?

Why not have her start with the pichu (and the yveltal hidden in a pokeball) and as she goes on her journey, she catches one eevee that later has 8 or 9 pups? This is much more realistic, and it would make much more sense for the young pokemon to trust her if she was basically their family member.

Alternatively, you could have her sneak out 9 pups from an illegal breeding place while on her journey, instead of her encountering them in the wild. Just make sure that they're scared of people at first, and remain timid for a while.

As for the yveltal, I'd suggest giving it some drawbacks. Maybe make it not listen to Katie a lot, and have it be relatively weak for a legendary.

The whole first chapter is basically an exposition dump. I'd reccomend making it a prologue sort of encounter with Yveltal.

Finally, there's the last line: "Oh, brother," Misty moaned. "Here we go again. I will grab my bike."No one's going to say "I will grab my bike." I'd suggest changing it to "I'll go grab my bike."

Also, "Here we go again."? When has this happened before?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    Awesome, thanks for the criticism. She didn't really "catch" the Yveltal in the traditional sense. Gary let her play with a Master Ball while she was tagging along on an expedition, and she got scared when she saw it and threw it as a reflex, catching it in a ball it couldn't escape from before it could even react.

I will elaborate on the Eevees and Vulpix in a backstory more. They also weren't caught in the traditional sense, it was more like how Ash caught Charmander. She helped Misty save the group from Team Rocket, and the group then just followed them. They are going to be kind of a mix between caught and wild Pokemon for some time, I didn't word that well I admit. It is something that happens after she has been a trainer for a while, as is the Vulpix evolving into a Ninetales. I should have waited to talk about her acquiring them until I got to a later flashback. The best way to describe it would be, if it was a TV show, they would be the ones running around in the background while someone is talking to Professor Oak on the videophone. The only Pokemon she has really "caught" at this point, as a Pokemon trainer traditionally would(excluding the fluke legendary capture), are the two Doduos, the Pichu, and a few water pokemon she got with her mom while fishing.

I will try to flesh it out better. Apologies for the rough start.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • No need to apologize! We're just here to help!

And yeah, it's probably better if you have a prologue with her catching yveltal, and then chapter one is her starting her journey.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    Chapter Two: Misty's Water Colored Memories
    As Misty watched her little girl walk down the road, she couldn't help but think about how she got
    to this point.

Misty had seen many adventures in her 28 years. Fighting Team Rocket with Ash. Trapsing around the Orange Islands. Many challengers as leader of the Cerulean City Gym.

Fourteen years ago, however, she had a feeling something was missing in her life. She missed the sense of adventure she had had in previous years.

She had recently taken on Dawn as something of an apprentice, someone who could be an interim gym leader if she had to take a leave of abscence for any reason, which was necessary with her sisters always away. Dawn was an acquaintance, and Misty trusted her. But still, Misty was in kind of a rut. She defeated some challengers, she lost some. She was kind of getting bored, to put it bluntly.

One day, a young trainer named Quinn came to challenger her for a badge. He wasn't much older than she was during her early adventures. He hailed from Mahogany Town in Johto, and had come to Kanto to try his hand in the Indigo League. Quinn's attitude and mannerisms actually reminded her quite a bit of Ash, and even had two companions, Jessica and Phil. It was like looking at her, Ash, and Brock four years earlier.

"I have come to challenge the Cerulean City gym leader!" Quinn stated.

"I accept your challenge. We will go four on four battle, you can recall your Pokemon at any time
    until they are officially eliminated." Misty replied.

"Alright! That badge is mine!" Quinn boasted, further solidifying the Ash comparison.

"We have an official Pokemon match, last one with a Pokemon remaining out of four is the winner!" Dawn states, acting as official referee.

"My first Pokemon is Victreebell!"

Solid choice, Victreebel is strong against water Pokemon, Misty thought to herself.

"I choose Goldeen, GO!" Misty challenged back.

"Victreebel, sleep powder!" Quinn ordered.

"Goldeen, dive!"

"Be prepared Victreebel."

"Goldeen, horn attack now!"

"Victreebell, quick, razor leaf!" The attack hits Goldeen in midair as soon as it jumps out of the water, and it was quickly dispatched.

"Goldeen is unable to compete," Referee Dawn states.

"Goldeen, return. You did good. Starmie, I choose you!" However, as tends to happen, Psyduck popped out instead. "Ugh, I really need to lock him in a closet when I have a challenger," Misty thought to her self. "Oh well, Psyduck, GO!"

"Victreebel, try your sleep powder again!" Quinn ordered.

"Psyduck, look out!"

"Psy?" Psyduck blurts out in confusion, but it was too late. "Ducccckkkkkk," it slowly says, passing out.

"Psyduck is unable to compete. Quinn has taken the first two round."

"Psyduck, return. Starmie, this time it is up to you!"

"Victreebell, vine whip!"

"Starmie, use your rapid spin!" The attack had the opposite effect as Misty expected, as Starmie got tangled up in the whips, and expended quite a bit of energy trying to undo it. "UH! Rookie mistake!" Misty thought to herself. "Try to free yourself Starmie!"

"Victreebel, use your razor leaf!" The attack hits, and Starmie is down for the count.

"Starmie can no longer compete! Gym leader Misty is down to her last Pokemon!"

"Alright, you are my last chance. Gooooo, Gyarados!" Misty was getting a bit perplexed, not
    only had Quinn been able to take down three of her Pokemon with one, the Victreebel had done
    so without much effort.

"Victreebel, use your sleep powder!"

"Gyrados, use your dragon rage!"

Both commands wen't off at the same time, and while the Victreebel was stunned and almost down,
    Gyarados was also weakened by the sleep powder, but not completely knocked out.

"Are you OK Victreebel? OK, lets end this! Solar beam, NOW!

"Gyarados, hit it with your ice beam while it is still charging!" The attack goes off, but Victreebel
    is able to unleash a full blast solar beam just as it is frozen solid, and it hit's the weak Gyarados,
    knocking it out.

"Gyarados is unable to compete! All of Misty's Pokemon are out of competition! Round and match go to the challenger!"

Misty was stunned, but congratulated Quinn nontheless. "I present you with the Cascade Badge. You earned it!"

"Thanks! But it was mostly Victreebel!" Quinn replied.

"I'll say. I haven't seen many other Victreebel that strong. In fact, I knew one who was more interested in chewing on it's trainer than fighting," Misty said laughing. "Just out of curiosity, what other Pokemon would you have used?"

"Well, I am trying to make my way to the Indigo League with just Pokemon from this region, and I have a pretty strong Wheezing, and an Arbok that still needs some training, and a Lickitung," Quinn replied.

"A Victreebel, Arbok, Wheezing, and...Lickitung? That is so, uhh," Misty lost her train of thought. "Oh, yeah, if they are as strong as your Victreebel, you will do just fine!"

"Thanks again! Hey, I got a Cascade Badge!" Quinn said as he posed in victory before walking off.

A few hours had passed, and Misty and Dawn were eating dinner, however Misty was sullen.

"Is there something wrong, Misty?" Dawn asked.

"I lost. And I mean, I really lost. I got swept by one Victreebel," Misty states.

"Well, they are pretty strong against water types," Dawn says, trying to cheer her up. "Plus that one
    was at a pretty high level."

"That is not the point. I have become predictible, repetitive. I haven't even tried to catch a new Pokemon
    in quite some time," Misty says. "I have never lost a match like that."

"So what do you want to do? We could train even more!" Dawn says, enthusiastically.

"No, that won't help. We have trained quite a bit, we have each other's moves down pretty good. I need to change things up," Misty declares.

"Change things up? What does that mean?" Dawn asks.

"Do you think you are ready to fill in as gym leader for a little while?" Misty queries.

"Me? Uh, are you sure I am ready?"

"Why sure, and it wouldn't be forever. You could use your own Pokemon and whatever is at the gym. You could even set the rules. You could even have it be a Pokemon Competition if you like," Misty replies.

"Sure, if you think I can handle it. What are you going to do," Dawn asks.

"I am going to go find myself again, bring some variety to the gym. I can be a water type master and still use other Pokemon types in gym battles," Misty says. "I see that now, I don't have to ignore everything else. And I need a variety from other areas too, ones that people in this region might not have seen!"

"Well that sounds great! When are you leaving?" Dawn asks. "And are you taking any Pokemon with you?"

"Oh, I will just take Psyduck. That way you don't have to worry about him jumping into battle for you haha."

"Psyduck? Are you sure?"

"Oh, yeah. If nothing else, other Pokemon can just beat on him until they wear themselves out. Kind of like a Muk I used to know."

"Good luck, Misty," Dawn says to her friend. "Bring back something amazing!"

"Oh, I will try."

The next day, Misty sets out on her new journey. What will she see? What will she capture? Who will she meet along the way? Would she run into Team Rocket? What are the chances. Would she maybe see Brock? Or Tracey? Or could she possibly see...everything was running through her head at full speed. Emotions. Worry. Should she have brought another Pokemon besides Psyduck? Had she brought enough Pokeballs?

Barely an hour into her journey, she enocuntered a Sandshrew, one that looked very young, being chased by a Pidgey. The Pidgey tackled the fleeing Sandshrew, and Misty took this opportunity to catch it. The first of a few Pokemon she would catch on this journey.

She used this Sandshrew to catch a Totodile outside of Goldenrod City. She caught a Feebas while fishing in the Sinnoh Region, and marveled as it evolved into Miliotic after a strong showing at a Pokemon Context exhibition not long after being caught. She used Sandshrew again to battle and catch a Shinx, after which Sandshrew evolved into Sandslash. She used Sandslash yet again to capture a Zorua. She caught her final Pokemon on the trip, a Fletchling, as it was being chased by a Fearow, having Totodile knock it out of the sky with a water gun attack, catching it by surprise. Misty
    decided, after all of this, it was time to return back to the gym, hoping Dawn had been able to hold it together in her absence. Misty actually hadn't spent much time communicating with Dawn, wanting to let her grow and learn to handle the responsibility on her own.

Throughout her travels, Misty was constantly battling other trainers, never turning down a challenge. She had come to realize that the majority of gym challengers weren't that talented of battlers, and she had gotten kind of complacent over time. The six Pokemon she caught also continued to get stronger, and she became extremely close to her Sandslash. By the time she made it back to Kanto, she didn't have a Sandshrew, a Totodile, a Feebas, Shinx, a Zorua, or a Fletching.She had a Sandslash, a Feraligatr, a Miliotic, a Luxray, a Zoroark, and a Talonflame-a true showcase at how much effort
    and training she had put in on this trip through several regions.

But, she was back in Kanto. In familiar spaces. And as she was walking one day, she came across an old foe.

"Quinn?"

"Yea? Hey, aren't you, that gym leader from Cerulean City?" Quinn asked.

"Why yes, the one you beat very convincingly," Misty replied. "So how did you do in the Indigo League?"

"Well, I got through the first three stages and lost at the water stage. Can you believe it?" he states. "Hey, want to have a match before I head back to Mahogany Town?"

"Sure," Misty says. "How about we go two on two?"

"Fine by me!"

"Victreebel, Growlith, FIGHT!" Quinn screams, sending his Pokemon into battle. "Just like last time, Victreebel!"

"Sandslash, Luxray, I CHOOSE YOU!"

"Victreebel, Growlith, hit them with a sleep powder and flamethrower combo!"

"Sandslash, DIG! Luxray, dodge and use rain dance!"

"Rain dance? You didn't learn!" Quinn laughed. "Growlith, hit that Luxray with a tackle attack! Victreebel, try to pull out Sandslash with your vine whip"

"Luxray, baby doll eyes now!" Growlith was stunned in it's tracks, unable to attack while Victreebel was focused on Sandslash.

"Growlith! What are you doing?! Snap out of it and hit it with a flamethrower!"

"Too late! Luxray, hit Growlith with a thunderbolt attack! Sandslash, Focus punch NOW!"

As Quinn could do nothing but watch, it was too late. Victreebel and Growlith were knocked out cold.

"WHAT?! Unn! Victreebel, Growlith, return," Quinn said dejectedly. "That was impressive".

"Thanks, I have been practicing," Misty said with a smile. "Have a safe trip home! Good job Sandslash! Good job Luxray! Return."

As Misty went to continue her own walk home, she heard clapping in the distance. She looked around, and it suddenly dawned on her where she was. She hadn't even noticed. She was outside of Pallet Town, and she had an audience.

"Misty, that was amazing," a familiar face said. "I have never seen you battle like that."

It can't be, she thought. After all this time. But it was.

"Ash? What are you doing here?"

"I live here Misty. My house is right there! Surely you didn't forget."

"No, I mean, uh, I mean, here...here. You are never here, I mean," Misty stumbled over her words, not sure what to say.

"What, have you been checking up on me?" Ash asked, laughing, oblivious as usual, unaware that yes, she did routinely call and hang up when Delia or Professor Oak said he wasn't there. "I came back to compete in the Indigo League again, and figured I would stick around a while. The real question is, what are you doing here?"

Misty had no words or any explanations. She did, just none she could spurt out. "I wanted to brush up on my battling skills and change up my strategies. I left Dawn in charge of the gym."

"Want to stay the night and rest up?" Ash asked. Misty blushed again, unable to refuse.

After a nice dinner by Delia, Misty helped Mr. Mime with the dishes, much to Mr. Mime's protest. Delia was very happy to see Misty again. She then thanked them, and turned in.

Misty was unable to sleep though, as tired as she was. Too many thoughts, too many memories, running through her head. She did finally drift off into a light sleep, only to be greeted by a familiar face, Pikachu! He had spent the night at the lab, visiting with Ash's other Pokemon, but raced home when Ash told him Misty was there.

As Ash came in, though, her attitude changed. "Ash, we need to talk."

"Talk? About what?"

"Something we should have talked about 4 years ago. Things I should have told you four years ago, but couldn't."

"OK?" Ash again replied in his typical aloof way.

"Saying goodbye to Brock was sad. Saying goodbye to Pikachu and the others hurt. Saying goodbye to you, though...it was unbearable."

"Unbearable? What do you mean?"

"And you acted like you didn't even care! You couldn't get me on that bike fast enough!"

"Misty, I....I don't understand?"

"Ash Ketchum what do you mean you don't understand has Pikachu shocked you one too many times or what?!"

"Misty, calm do--," Ash was interrupted.

"I LOVE YOU!" she blurted out, face as red as a Charmander.

"I, uh, you...I gotta go! I think I hear Pikachu!" Ash said in a panic.

"PIKACHU IS RIGHT HERE! I AM HOLDING HIM!"

"Uh, I mean another Pikachu," Ash says as he runs out the room.

A dejected Misty sat, face in hands. Pikachu tried to comfort her, as did Mr. Mime. And eventually, Delia.

"Oh sweetie. I am sorry."

"I am sorry too, that you had to hear that," Misty says back.

"Oh don't be! I don't know how you didn't do that sooner. It was so obvious a Slowbro would have figured it out!" Delia said, trying to comfort her. "My Ash, I love him so much, but he can be so dense sometimes."

"I know. I tried to help him with that, but he didn't catch on," Misty said, laughing but still sad. "I should probably go."

"You don't have to. You haven't even seen Professor Oak."

"I know, it is probably for the best."

Misty packed her things up but was met at the door by Ash.

"Misty, I don't want you to think I wasn't sad. The day we went our separate ways was hard for me. You were my best friend. I try not to let those things get to me though so when I have to do things like letting Butterfree go, leaving Charizard. Squirtle staying with Squritle Squad Leaving home time after time, it doesn't bother me so bad, you know?"

"It's OK Ash. You don't have to feel what you don't feel. It wasn't right for me to-"

Ash cut her off, "I loved you too Misty."

"Loved?" she thought to herself, not enjoying the tense Ash was using.

"Love, I mean. Still. Looking out my window and seeing you was the happiest I have ever been."

Misty's really sappy memories start here, montages of first kisses and dates, and battles side by side. Going to visit Brock and even tracking down Team Rocket on their two year anniversary, just so they could beat them up for old times sake, before walking away holding hands. "I knew it! all along" James stating as Team Rocket laid beaten on the ground. Dances. Laughs. Fights. Wedding bells. A daughter. A daughter growing up. And finally, a daughter leaving how on her own journey, all leading up to this very moment.

"How did you do it, Delia?" Misty asked.

"Do what, sweetie?"

"How did you watch him walk down that road time after time?"

"Oh."

"Knowing the troubles we got in, the danger we faced, I want to run after her and drag her back and chain her to Snorlax."

"It never got easier. The first time, I waved. The second time too maybe. But I just closed my eyes, and thought about when I would get to see Ash again, because I knew I would. And I knew he was going to be great. And I knew he had you."

Misty smiled, loving Delia's warm presence as much now as she did when she was a kid, while wondering if Ash was as worried as she was, but didn't really have time to dwell on it as she realized Professor Oak had given Tyler a very familiar looking Squirtle as his starter Pokemon, and she knew that Ash was as worried as she was.

"So Misty, how do you think she will do?"

Misty pondered the question, and was only half listening when she heard something about going to find Pidgeot, agreeing to go. But unlike Delia, she kept watching until the little girl was completely out of sight, saving yet another wonderful memory to add to all the happy ones that led up to this moment.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    I have a friend who told me I should have waited on the daughter storyline and started with a series about Misty's journeys building up to the little girl's own story.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • Hmm... I think this is a good idea too. Katie, I feel, isn't very fleshed out as a character. If you start to build her in Misty's story, you could really change her for the better.

Loved that last chapter, by the way. It was really sweet.

Back