• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Battle Frontier

The Battle Frontier has not been seen in a pokemon game for about 4 years. However, now with ORAS coming out we could be seeing it once again. However what I am wondering (and really the whole point of making this thread is) If we do see the Battle Frontier again, will we see any differences from the original? And also, would we be seeing the Hoenn's Battle Frontier or Sinnoh/Jhoto's?

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    what is the battle frontier? I never heard of it before and I played all the pokemon games.

seriously I went online on gamefaqs and that is all anyone is asking about. What is so good about it?

The Battle Frontier is this area that you can access after beating the game (first appeared in Crystal, but the more notable appearance was in Emerald, Platinum and HGSS) It basically was a place where you could battle, but it had different rules that made things interesting. Like Rental Pokemon where you had to use rental pokemon. Or battle Arcade where you would spin a roulette and get different effects, or just other stuff.

BriCKson

Rarely comes out of Trade Corner... O.o
    Years
    Well a big question I wonder is if you'll still get BP from the pokebank like we do now? I can't stand doing battle frontier for BP lol...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The Battle Frontier is this area that you can access after beating the game (first appeared in Crystal, but the more notable appearance was in Emerald, Platinum and HGSS) It basically was a place where you could battle, but it had different rules that made things interesting. Like Rental Pokemon where you had to use rental pokemon. Or battle Arcade where you would spin a roulette and get different effects, or just other stuff.
    The Battle Frontier first appeared in Emerald. Crystal was the first to have the Battle Tower and that was it, no mention of a Frontier at all.
    Anyways the original one from Emerald had Seven unlike Sinnoh/Johto's Five.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
    i remember seeing somewhere on smogon that the people saw in the coding of the demo something called the battle island, could it be similar to the battle frontier.

Years
    i remember seeing somewhere on smogon that the people saw in the coding of the demo something called the battle island, could it be similar to the battle frontier.

Actually it was called the battle resort.

And also I read somewhere that after Smogon hacked the demo they said there are 5 facilities in the resort (I forgot where the link is). The first four deal with a specific type (Fairy, Ground, Grass, and Bug) while the other is the Battle Maison.

Years
    Actually it was called the battle resort.

And also I read somewhere that after Smogon hacked the demo they said there are 5 facilities in the resort (I forgot where the link is). The first four deal with a specific type (Fairy, Ground, Grass, and Bug) while the other is the Battle Maison.
    I hope that isn't the case in the final product. If it is then I'll like to see Delta Emerald become a thing...

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    Imma need the Fronteir to return and at the very least have Lucy's Seviper Pike facility make an appearance. I spent so much time going through that facility in Emerald, truely the best one out of any of the Fronteirs in all the games

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I really hope the Battle Maison does not return. That thing is just as good as a washed down battle tower.

If I remember correctly, wasn't there an image of the Battle Chateau background in some scan (CoroCoro I believe, but it was an older issue)? My guess is one of the facilities will be the Battle Chateau.

Years
    I really hope the Battle Maison does not return. That thing is just as good as a washed down battle tower.

If I remember correctly, wasn't there an image of the Battle Chateau background in some scan (CoroCoro I believe, but it was an older issue)? My guess is one of the facilities will be the Battle Chateau.
    That may have been the Restraunt in Mauville the tv person mentions in the Demo.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016

Yes and also also the Battle Frontier music was in the coding of the demo or something like that, so I think it's fair to say there will be some sort of post-game akin to the Emerald Battle Frontier. The two facilities I really hope they keep in some form are the Battle Factory and the Battle Pyramid. I really enjoyed the Battle Frontier but it wouldn't break my heart if the gimmicky things like the Battle Arena, Palace and Pike remained exclusively on Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    If anything, I want to see the return of the Battle Dome. It was my favourite of the facilities because of it's tournament battle style. It's the closest thing I get to the anime version of the Pokemon League in the games.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    If anything, I want to see the return of the Battle Dome. It was my favourite of the facilities because of it's tournament battle style. It's the closest thing I get to the anime version of the Pokemon League in the games.

The Battle Dome was cool and I enjoyed the bracket format as well as it generally meant you faced tougher teams the further you went, however instead of bringing 3 pokemon and choosing 2 for each battle, I think it would be better if it were the Battle Spot format of bringing 6 and choosing 3. And then for doubles you could have the VGC format of bringing 6 and choosing 4.

Damn it, now I'm getting super excited thinking of all the possibilities {XD}

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    The Battle Dome was cool and I enjoyed the bracket format as well as it generally meant you faced tougher teams the further you went, however instead of bringing 3 pokemon and choosing 2 for each battle, I think it would be better if it were the Battle Spot format of bringing 6 and choosing 3. And then for doubles you could have the VGC format of bringing 6 and choosing 4.

Damn it, now I'm getting super excited thinking of all the possibilities {XD}

Same here, it would be great practice for VGC in that case!

Years
    Yes and also also the Battle Frontier music was in the coding of the demo or something like that, so I think it's fair to say there will be some sort of post-game akin to the Emerald Battle Frontier. The two facilities I really hope they keep in some form are the Battle Factory and the Battle Pyramid. I really enjoyed the Battle Frontier but it wouldn't break my heart if the gimmicky things like the Battle Arena, Palace and Pike remained exclusively on Emerald.
    Which version? If it's the Platinum and HeartGold and SoulSilver Frontier...well the Maison's theme is a remix of that one.

Back