• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The battle of starter pokemon of Sinnoh

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    MY favourites are in this order:

Chimchar because it's the best
    Piplup because it's the second best
    Turtwig because it's cute

MsHailstorm

Smooth Criminal~
    Years
    My favorite would have to be Piplup, but I never chose him. :P
    Don't know why, but I have this habit of always picking the fire starter.

Illustration

ああああああああ
    Years
    Turtwig and its evolution line are one of my all-time loved Pokemon ♥

Chimchar is a pretty neat Pokemon.

I never really did like Piplup. Empoleon is cool, though.

Decodedd

Number One Rookie !
    Years
    I love Fire Pokemon, I really do . SOOOOO I love me some Chimchar ;D
    Although, I wouldn't mind not having a Fire/Fighting evolve form of my Starter .
    It's been awhile since then, sadly .

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    Piplip, because he's a penguin. And penguins...are awesome.

But Sinnoh has my second least favorite starters, first being Hoenn. I'm not even saying that due to nostalgia, either. I used to always pick a fire starter, until the fire chicken came along. Then the fire monkey. I'm like...'whut?'. Treecko always peeved me off in the anime, too, even though I eventually chose him in my Emerald game

zerwey

:3
    Years
    I really dislike all three starters. They're all too....cute! None of them are cool. Squirtle was cool. Bulbasaur was cool. Even Charmander was cool!

If I HAD to choose, though, it'd be Chimchar, simply because I prefer Fire over water and grass.

Same here. The Fire/Fighting type combination is so powerful and pwns Grass and Water anyday.

Years
    I chose Turtwig, but yeah, I don't particularly like the Diamond/Pearl starters. My all time favorite starter is Mudkip. Water and Ground type totally owns the first 6 gyms in Ruby and Sapphire.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Sinnoh has the worst starters of all the generations so far imo..

Piplup is the only one I kinda like, but only because its final evolution looks pro.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Hm, I wasn't overly fond of the Sinnoh starter pokemon either. :(
    But Chimchar & Piplup were pretty cute & cool.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Personally I prefer Infernape as far as Sinnoh starters go. I'm not much for Fire types at all but I love Infernape, so...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    They have to be the cutest set ever! First time I saw them that's what I said to a friend, maybe not word for word, I think I said: They're the cutest ones so far. :D Anyway, the one I'm choosing isn't Chimchar, don't like it very much, Piplup is the one I would have chosen but thanks to the Anime making it look bad Turtwig is my favourite. And the way it was so innocent on that first episode, aww :3

They had the best starters! Most varied in term of types, I think Sceptile was only Grass, though the best Grass type to my knowledge lol.

Back