• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Battle Subway!

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    i like the battle subway. the prizes are awesome. i mainly do singles, they're simpler and i like one on one better. the battle frontier was ok for me too. it satisfies my battling need so i'm happy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    The Subway is OK. I loved the frontier a heck of a lot more. I have made a 20 win streak on every train, making it to the last Pokemon on the opponents team before losing. I have a cure that a will Never face the Subway masters

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    So what do you think of the Battle Subway this Gen?: It was nothing special, except that it feels somehow thrilling to battle in a moving vehicle.
    What is your favorite Subway?: For now, Singles.
    Would you have preferred the Battle Frontier rather than this?: I still like the Battle Frontier better.

I was surprised to learn that I can do the Battle Subway pre-National Dex. I entered Dewott, Sawk and Whirlipede the first time I challenged it, but I decided to hold off the streak until my Pokemon evolved.

Years
    When I play on the doubles subway (the only one I really care for) if I make it to the 21st battle and win I end up with 3 BP for the first 7 matches, 3 more BP for the next 7 matches, and 10 BP for beating the Subway Master on battle #21. So all together I get 16 BP. If I'm lucky enough I could get 48 in just three tries. The whole system still takes too long for my tastes, but when I realized I could save some time this way I decided not to give up on it as quickly as I did for the Battle Frontier.

If you don't mind sharing, what team have you been having success with? I've got the 21st battle 3 times in 3 attempts but everytime I've been rolled over by the master.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    But three point for one whole round is sooooo little. 16 round to buy a 48 point item ); That will take a long time.

What? Wasn't it just one or two points in RSEDPPtHGSS? O_o

Years

What? Wasn't it just one or two points in RSEDPPtHGSS? O_o

I've done the single and double battles (not super yet) and you get 1 bp for seven wins in single and 3 bp for seven wins in double.

Edit: Let's try and get more discussion in this thread!

For those who have battled in the Subway, how have you found it?

More to the point are there any teams you've had more success with? I'll be more interested to hear of double teams as a lot of strategy is involved, generally just more interesting than the singles battles.

Do you have different teams for single and doubles or do you use the same in both categories?

Last edited:

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    I've done the single and double battles (not super yet) and you get 1 bp for seven wins in single and 3 bp for seven wins in double.

Edit: Let's try and get more discussion in this thread!

More to the point are there any teams you've had more success with? I'll be more interested to hear of double teams as a lot of strategy is involved, generally just more interesting than the singles battles.

Do you have different teams for single and doubles or do you use the same in both categories?

You are meant to win enough wins to unlock Super.
    Super starts from 5bp ~7 bp per round, increases with number of wins.

The very end non-Super battle when you unlock the Super battle gives you 10bp

My Super Double team:
    1. Mienshao
    2. Jynx
    3. Jellicent
    4. Usually Gravantula

Last edited:
    Years

Easy. :/
    My team was Tyranitar, Garchomp and Blissy. First subway, I sweeped with just Tyranitar, just DDanced and killed them all, he didn't get knocked out once.
    The Super Subway was a little harder, but I still cleared them all out. I did use all 3 Pokemon, but it wasn't really that hard.

I am yet to do the others. However, the doubles, I don't think my DDtar and Sand Veil Chomp are going to be taken down easy and that is just the first two.​

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
    I would have rather had a Battle Frontier, but this is better than the Battle Tower in D/P because it's more fast paced and the battles in B/W are a lot faster. I usually just do the Single Train to make BP (I get beat on the 8th or 9th battle every time I do Super Single).

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I actually really love the Battle Subway. It's my most favourite thing to do post-elite four since it's just so much fun. I always go with the Multi, and have unlocked the Super Multi so far, since I do not used those overpowered Pokemon. I like to use my Sawsbuck and Mandibuzz with me, and sometimes Jellicent and Gothitelle.

My strategies for multi? Well I don't really have one for super multi, but if you're trying to unlock it, my best tip would be make Hilbert/Hilda go for Attack/Balance, and just hope that you get that Haxorus with you, which just makes things really easy.

I might try out the Singles soon. :)

Frio Stylez

Hates His Username
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2012
    So what do you think of the Battle Subway this Gen?
    What is your favorite Subway?
    Would you have preferred the Battle Frontier rather than this?

I like the battle subway better prizes and its alot more fast paced.

I prefer the singles train

Yeah a battle frontier would've been nice

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    I hated the Battle Tower. Finally, something new! I rather like it, even if it does take forever to get enough BP for something. The Singles Train is my favorite. I really like the subway theme, especially with the Subway Bosses. They're oddly easy though:\ Admittedly, I would rather have had a Battle Frontier (or whatever, considering this is a new continent-Maybe Battle Park?) than this. Far more variety.

Team I normally use (defeated the Subway Boss with this!):
    -Jolteon
    -Starmie
    -Infernape/Dragonite
    Team I plan to use later:
    -Jolteon
    -Kingdra
    -Heatran/Dragonite/Hydreigon

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    Imo getting 3BP after seven trainers is too little.
    Or they should've made the prizes less pricey

But other than that, I do like the battle subway.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    To whomever said the thing about the Battle Park, I think that could work quite well. Considering Nimbasa City is the city of many theme parks and attractions, that it could work. Maybe replace the Subway bosses with somewhat of a Ghost Train thing, maybe have a giant Roller Coaster with different things happening depending on what route you take (like Norman's gym in R/S/E) and things like that.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
    I like the battle subway, got a streak of 14, holding off till I finish my perfect team, after I beat the subway, I'll go murder all the people in the retarded battle facility.

Last edited:

CleverProfileName

needs to learn the threads
    Years
    Battle Subway

Has anyone else noticed that battle subway has lots of shenanigans in it hlaf the time after I get a 14 win streak there pokemon get crits or have some other lucky stuff happen for them has anyone else had this happen or does my game hate me?

PS Can you play coop wifi in battle subway?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Has anyone else noticed that battle subway has lots of shenanigans in it hlaf the time after I get a 14 win streak there pokemon get crits or have some other lucky stuff happen for them has anyone else had this happen or does my game hate me?

PS Can you play coop wifi in battle subway?

We already have a battle subway thread, so I merged it so that people can discuss your post if they wish.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I'm in the process of training a Gengar to rush the Single Train to get the EV training items so I can train a proper team.

Back