• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Beginning Letter Challenge

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    So as the title says, this is the Beginning Letter Challenge. Here's how things work:

1. Your team must consist of Pokemon that all begin with the same letter. So, if your letter is A, for example, you could use Pokemon like Arcanine, Aerodactyl, Azumarill, Altaria etc.
    2. You DO NOT get to choose your letter. The user below you gets to choose your letter. So when you sign up, remember to include a letter for the above user.
    3. You can only use Pokemon that don't begin with your letter if they later evolve into a Pokemon that does begin with your letter. For example, if your letter is B, you can choose Squirtle, because it will eventually evolve into Wartortle, and then Blastoise.
    4. Similarly, if your letter was S , you would be allowed to have Squirtle as part of your team, but you would not be allowed to evolve him, because neither Wartortle nor Blastoise begin with an S.
    5. Legendaries are allowed. Nobody allows them in they're challenges, so for a change, I will allow them. However, you are only allowed one.
    6. I would advise you don't choose any letters like Q, X and Z, since not many different Pokemon begin with these letters.
    7. No hacking or cheating
    8. Emulators are allowed
    9. Trading is also allowed, but if you're trading a completely new Pokemon over, it cannot exceed level 10. I've included this rule because obviously you can't just trade over all your level 100s and say you completed the challenge. Trading for the purpose of evolving can be done at any level, but the OT of the Pokemon being traded must be the OT of the game you've registered for.
    10. Have fun!
    As the Thread Starter, I can't choose a letter for anyone, so I'll just wait for the person below me to tell me my letter, and then I'll get started on FireRed.

Challengers

Gen I - R/B/Y
    Arnold (D)
    Curious. (C)
    ArcanineOod (E)

Gen II - G/S/C
    AmatuerHacker (C)
    Tangela (C)
    allx123-

Gen III - R/S/E/FR/LG
    Kanto_Johto (R)
    dalkice (M)
    Maverik Hunter Zero (P)

Gen IV - D/P/Pt/HG/SS
    Sammuthegreat (L)
    dragonomega (S)
    Ian Watkins (G)
    Electric Totodile (G)
    Cranky Crobat (S)

Champions
    Porygon Z (B) (Pokemon Yellow)

Reminder: When you sign up, make sure you include the game your playing and a letter for the above user!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I like this, a lot. And seeing as I'm suddenly addicted to challenges, I'll do... Diamond, probably. I won't be able to start for a while, because I have a lot of other challenges to do. But I'll do it eventually, I promise.

Anyway, your letter will be................................*drum roll*

R

Enjoy!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It was just drawn to my attention that there is already an alphabet challenge, only difference being that you get to choose your letter. I'm closing this one, since if you want a random letter, I'm sure you could just ask for one in the existing challenge already.

Locked.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Reopening because the other one is gone. Double posting because I can.

Unlocked.

When will I ever get to type that again? lol

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Reopening because the other one is gone. Double posting because I can.

Unlocked.

When will I ever get to type that again? lol
    Thank you!

But to the users who wanted to register before this was locked, I'm gonna need to you register again, so that I know whether or not you're still interested in participating.

I'll also need a new letter, which is a shame because R was a good one. Nevermind.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Ok, so I'll wait the next person who will join.. Come on! I want to start! :D
    Oh, and the game will be Yellow... I'm doing now a Nuzlocke in Ruby, I'll keep Sapphire for something else.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Ok, so I'll wait the next person who will join.. Come on! I want to start! :D
    Oh, and the game will be Yellow... I'm doing now a Nuzlocke in Ruby, I'll keep Sapphire for something else.

I'll give you B.

I'll probably do this challenge on Diamond, but I won't be starting it for a while yet. Could I have a letter please?

Arnold

...?
    Years
    I'll give you B.

I'll probably do this challenge on Diamond, but I won't be starting it for a while yet. Could I have a letter please?

Here you can have the letter...

L!
    Enjoy.

For the next person I'll be playing in Pokemon Blue. Wonder what I will get?

Arnold

...?
    Years
    For you my friends I'll give you a round O!
    I will be playing yellow just to let anyone know. Hrrmm what will I get?

O is such a weird letter especially that it has only 5 pokemon. 1 is later generation. 2 are of the same family. 2 are unevolved. If I have to continue with this three pokemon team it may be hard fighting through most of it with Onix and Oddish.

Should I have my letter re-picked or should I still do this with O?

I'm sorry but I'm just going by the rules:

"I would advise you don't choose any letters like Q, X and Z, since not many different Pokemon begin with these letters."

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    O is such a weird letter especially that it has only 5 pokemon. 1 is later generation. 2 are of the same family. 2 are unevolved. If I have to continue with this three pokemon team it may be hard fighting through most of it with Onix and Oddish.

Should I have my letter re-picked or should I still do this with O?

I'm sorry but I'm just going by the rules:

"I would advise you don't choose any letters like Q, X and Z, since not many different Pokemon begin with these letters."

Naaw, alright.. uhmm how about... D

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Ok, here is the first update.

~ Got Pikachu
    ~ Oak's Parcel delivered
    ~ Received Pokèdex and Town Map
    ~ Bought some Pokè Balls
    ~ Catched Pidgey and Caterpie
    ~ Grinded Caterpie to level 10
    ~ Defeated Gary in Route 22
    ~ Passed through Viridian Forest
    ~ Grinded Butterfree to level 15
    ~ Defeated Brock
    ~ Passed through Route 3, 4 and Mt. Moon
    ~ Arrived in Cerulean
    ~ Defeated Gary
    ~ Passed through Routes 24 and 25
    ~ Met Bill
    ~ Defeated Misty
    ~ Got Bulbasaur and grinded to level 20
    ~ Got Charmander (HM Slave)
    ~ Passed through Route 5, 6 and 11
    ~ Passed through Diglett Cave
    ~ Obtained HM05 Flash and taught to Pikachu
    ~ S.S. Anne cleared
    ~ Got HM01 Cut, taught to Charmander
    ~ Defeated Lt. Surge
    ~ Got Squirtle, grinded to level 25 (evolved into Wartortle)
    ~ Got Bike
    ~ Passed through Route 9 and 10

Next: Rock Tunnel!

Lv. 28

Confusion
    Poison Powder
    Stun Spore
    Gust

Lv. 27

Body Slam