• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Generation

Best Generation

Votes: 2 9.5%

Votes: 13 61.9%

Votes: 2 9.5%

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • All

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5, when it's out.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Actually, there are already 5 gens of pokemon games...

1. R/B/Y
    2. G/S/C
    3. R/S/E
    4. FR/LG (Counts as a generation in the gaming, not the pokemon's generation...)
    5. D/P

I'd vote FR/LG, so im gonna vote 1st gen =D

hypermonkey

N008 H4CK3R
    Years
  • Generation II was fun but I would go with Generation III mainly because most ROM Hacks are from that generation, I preferred the graphics over Generation IV's, it has more games, and I would not pick Generation I because they already made a remake of it which is in III.
    But if its the Pokémons introduced in the generation, then it would be II>I>III>IV=V?

FalseDestiny

Troll
    Years
  • 5 will likely 100% own all of them.

Lets hope it is just ONE game, instead of many. That way we aren't limited or have to wait for the special version.

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Sadly, I dont remember 2nd gen that much :(
    played it YEARS ago, back when i can barely remember, (I does be 14 /shrug)

New~Era

Poke Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    Gen 2 of course lmao I mean seriously you get 16 badges. Plus you get my fav pokemon Typhlosion XD.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    FR/LG is widely classified as part of Generation 3, as there were no new Pokemon introduced and it had graphic styles and game mechanics an inch or two away from identical to R/S/E.

They all have their good things, really. I enjoy the classic feel or R/B/Y. Gen 3
    was a huge leap from Gen 2, and I love a lot of the Pokemon designs. Gen 4 had a whole new feel and style to it. But personally... Come on, people! JOHTO! Who cares for graphics or special abilities; I started with Gen 2 and Gen 2 remains the best.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • They all have their good things, really. I enjoy the classic feel or R/B/Y. Gen 3
    was a huge leap from Gen 2, and I love a lot of the Pokemon designs. Gen 4 had a whole new feel and style to it. But personally... Come on, people! JOHTO! Who cares for graphics or special abilities; I started with Gen 2 and Gen 2 remains the best.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Plus it was the only game to properly follow up the storyline of the series (RSE have no follow up and coincided with FRLG and DP only references the previous games) GSC managed to take Red's actions have Gold 3 years later deal with the consequences of his actions (ie: Team Rocket in Johto; Blue as Gym Leader; The Copycat and the Lost doll, etc.). And like everyone else said: 16 GYMs!

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I like the G/S/C generation, day and night system, random events. So fun...

I like the Johto anime as well.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • It goez:
    1) G/S/C (my first game was gold)
    2)R/B/Y
    3)D/P
    4)R/S/E/FR/FL (massice phailure of a generation)

Back