• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The best way to make money is dealing shrooms

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    So basically one thing I keep hearing from people is that the best way to make money has been to go to battle Chateau. Well I found a better one (in my personal opinion), the more money you have to start off with the better and the higher your pokemon are leveled the better as well.

The system works like this:

There are 1-3 star restaurants in Luminose City. The restaurants cost so much money in order to get in and then you go through your 3-5 course meal having battles (double, triple, or rotation) in between to make sure the food is cooked well enough. Each one of these battles you're given a set number of turns to complete, having never exceeded this amount of turns I don't know what would happen if you did; however, while at first it might seem like you're going to lose money off the trade-off you can actually start to see a huge profit by selling the mushrooms you get from completing the battles. Each restaurant can give out varying amount of mushrooms, an okay preformance usually gives around 12 mushrooms each run. Though this number can vary depending on how well you do, I have had times where I got 20 balm mushrooms in one run.

Restaurants with 1 star gives out tiny mushrooms each of which dole out 250 pokedollars a piece.
    Restaurants with 2 stars give out big mushrooms each of which dole out 2500 pokedollars a piece.
    Restaurants with 3 stars give out balm mushrooms, each of which dole out 6250 pokedollars a piece.

Combining this money with the money that you make back from battling the staff of the restaurant and you get yourself a pretty nice profit. The 3 star restaurants can give out about 30,000-50,000 pokedollar profits AND you get to rack up style points while you do it so you can go buy yourself a nice 100,000 pokedollar hat from the most expensive clothing store in Luminose City with the money that you make.

P.S. The restaurants charge 10,000, 15,000, and 100,000 respectively in order to get in. Also I haven't tried this strategy with the sushi restaurant as I can't get in there yet feel free to experiment!

Last edited:
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    The restaurants are also a great way to level up under leveled pokemon quickly. To do this you need to go to the 3 star restaurant after the elite 4, choose a 4 pokemon consisting of the pokemon you wanna level up and 3 other strong pokemon. When you go to the restaurant choose triple battle, have the weak pokemon in you first 3 pokemon lineup and quickly switch that pokemon with the other strong pokemon. With this method the weak pokemon will revieved the full experience of all the opponents pokemon instead of just 50% with Exp share.

PS. Have a pokemon on you team with Rock Silde in the middle, you can defeat them faster like that.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • The sushi restaurant is a ripoff!! I tried it, I payed 500k, battled alot and met the conditions, and what did they give me? A BUNCH OF BIG NUGGETS!!!! Not only that, but I didn't get any profit from it! I recommend going to the 3 star restaurant instead.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    The sushi restaurant is a ripoff!! I tried it, I payed 500k, battled alot and met the conditions, and what did they give me? A BUNCH OF BIG NUGGETS!!!! Not only that, but I didn't get any profit from it! I recommend going to the 3 star restaurant instead.

I haven't done it myself, but do you think that could be a more efficient way of leveling instead of the 3-star place (even though the 3-star place is really all we need)?

Years
  • I find it interesting that the topic of money keeps being raised in Pokemon X/Y. What exactly are people buying that they do not have in-game currency to spend? Just use the Prize Money O-Power and either do the BC or E4 if you need it.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    wait, stuff happens at the restaurants? i usually tip the waiter, and leave.

something happen if i stick around?

Years
  • 3 star place makes the most money, ive tested various ways.

Starts with Money O-Power or have a friend give it to you.

Amulet coin on one of the starters. You make you 100k back in the battles + an extra 20--30k

Save the mushrooms since you get your 100k back just keep battling, after 5-10 runs you got 2mil in your pocket.

They always use the same pokes in the double battle i 1 hitko with a fighting and electric type.

easy money in less than 30 mins

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    wait, stuff happens at the restaurants? i usually tip the waiter, and leave.

something happen if i stick around?

you're probably going to the wrong restaurants, if you go into the cab and ask him to take you to a fine dining place one of those restaurants will do the trick. we're talking about restaurants NOT cafes.

I find it interesting that the topic of money keeps being raised in Pokemon X/Y. What exactly are people buying that they do not have in-game currency to spend? Just use the Prize Money O-Power and either do the BC or E4 if you need it.
    It's more about getting money fast because a lot of the stuff is expensive after you beat the E4. Especially the clothing store that you have to get enough style points in order to enter in Luminose City. Plus the purchases of Charizardite, Blastoisite, and Venasaurite, however those prices vary on style as well, the can range anywhere from 1,000,000 to 10,000 depending on how many style points you have racked up in Luminose .

Last edited:
    Back