• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

:: The BIGGEST thing in FAKING history! ::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    Alright.

If you look at the hand-drawn patterns around the sides of Cascade's signature banner, you might just recognise them - to me, they're very similar to the patterns on Cascade's Mystery blanks. This 'mystery' might be the Epsilon species, but I think Epsilon and the Mystery blanks are definitely connected somehow.

I also have the theory that, because Cascade said "they have been here before", then we know what they are, and we know where this place is. It wouldn't make any sense if we didn't. My only tie to this is Kanto; as this is the only place we've seen more than once - once on R/B/Y/Fr/Lg, then as it was 3 years later in GSC.

I can only link together "4 of them" and "We have a secret to share", but there's nothing I can get from that. Maybe they're Pokémon; if so, legendary?

"A new generation", I can tie only with the Mystery blanks; some sort of lost, or forgotten species or generation - that'd tie in with "Forgotten Transcripts".

Overall, I believe everything here - the new generation, the secret to share, the mystery - is linked with Epsilon. Whether that be a person, Pokémon, or species.

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • I think you're looking in the wrong place with Kanto... this is supposedly something completely new... well, he's talking a lot about a new generation anyway. Which makes me think his new Pokémon and a new region.

I'm 100% sure we'll see his Acanthite blanks and Mythical blanks, namely because they're so stylish... heh. But yeah you're right, the markings are IDENTICAL to the ones on his Mythical blanks.

EDIT: YESSSSSS! 42nd reply! Not 42nd post, but who cares! :D 42!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    Which makes me think his new Pokémon and a new region.
    Replace 'new' with 'ancient' and I think it's a little closer...

I'd say Acanthite, Mythical, and a new blank, definitely.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Well if you've got a new generation of Pokémon, there's bound to be some interesting ancient legendary Pokémon... so that's probably how they fit into it. Newly discovered region with some cool new Pokémon as well as some incredible histories....

Acanthite, yes, oh yes. Mythical yes, certainly and we have definite proof, new blank, maybe. Acanthite is guaranteed by the fact that we've got Mythical blanks promised by the markings in the sig, and they're a subset of Acanthite blanks...

I'm more interested in that whole "coming this year and approved by its rightful owner" thing now... that's the clue as to who Cascade's mystery partner is...

We're getting closer anyway... OH MAN THE TENSION!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    I'm still trying to work out the 'rightful owner' part. I'll bet it's someone well-known within the faking community, possibly someone who hasn't been around much lately or someone who's stayed in the corner a while.

enter.jpg

I'll bet that logo represents something; a clue we haven't yet deciphered.

jakestlm

<- It's a Sonic Screwdriver
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    The following is rahter silly. Disregard it.

?=Who
    Nova=Space
    Time=Time
    Generation=ReGeneration
    EDIT:
    Rightful Owner=BBC

This set MUST have something to do with Doctor Who!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    ...By Jove, he's got it! Give this guy a gold medal, somebody!

...Although I like the idea of Nova referring to space...

If that's the case, brining 'four' into the equation, does Deoxys have a link?

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
    Years
  • double dash and fangking - have you been talking to someone through PM? coz all of this is EXTREMELY close!!! :P

let me just explain, that the four does not refer to any ISLAND exactly or any species of Pokémon - nor does it refer to the pokemon deoxys! - in retro sense, the FOUR items coming back - are more things that might be found somewhere else other than johto and kanto ;)

could this have something to do with D/P! and it is not being released till the 29th of JUNE, because by then, we should know about new Pokémon. - but just a small set wouldn't be the biggest thing in faking history! rather - a set of 5 generations? maybe that would be big!

or, something much more exciting, and - dare i say - lost? i would like you to connect 2 points - one being the word LOST and the other, being something much more rare - or interesting, the whole mystery! let me help you!?!

LOST = generation, ancient, pokemon of a new species, epsilon, nova and a pokemon that takes on the characteristics of a berry?, something that sounds like a berry, or something that a berry grows on? (cough - _ _ _ tree)! Or could lost mean something like, the legend of the lost ranger.?. a set that i had ALREADY RELEASED? nah - thats not it... but take something from that and match it with a new egenration, a new set, something big, and with someone who is curretly ... well, silent in a way!?! - someone who is, lost, this could have something to do with a rightful owner, and could it also have something to do with the AVATAR!??... maybe i should say...

the right ful OWNERS (meaning more than one) - and one of these rightful owners could actually be you - and you didn't even know :P

- - - - - - - - -

this set may i add, has been thought out very VERY carefully, and has been planned for quite some time now. when the release of the set comes out, you will still sit in the shadows to what is actually happening, this set has been specifically designed to make people think about the set, and figure out much more about the TCG then ever before. - we will have things still hidden until a later date - but count this project - using Acanthite BLANKS! - and MYTHICAL blanks - and something never before seen, to help this set sucseed in showing you fakers, faking is much more than meets the eye. There is a lot more going on behind this set that you realise ;) keep that in mind, so your theroies can be endless

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    Ooh, we're close!

I swear, I know I haven't been talking via PM. We're just extremely smart. :P

Just tell me, am I right in thinking we (as in the public) KNOW what it is that's coming, and we KNOW the place they're coming to?

And on a scale of 1 to 10, how close are we?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Us Brits are very clever people....

Although Double Dash has lost me with that comment..

Just tell me, am I right in thinking we (as in the public) KNOW what it is that's coming, and we KNOW the place they're coming to?

Maybe I'm just thick...

But the idea we're close to solving the mystery is pretty exciting!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    It is a bit of a tongue-twister, that one...

By it, I meant that people are aware of the fact that the place that is coming, exists. E.g. if the 'place' is Hoenn - as we are aware of Hoenn's existence.

And that 'what it is'....actually, I've lost myself on that one...

EDIT: Maybe 'Nova', 'Berry' and 'Epsilon' don't mean anything. Maybe they refer to something. Like as jakestlm said, maybe Nova refers to space?

...Seriously, am I making any sense tonight?!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    Right. DISSECTION!!

but take something from that and match it with a new egenration, a new set, something big, and with someone who is curretly ... well, silent in a way!?! - someone who is, lost, this could have something to do with a rightful owner, and could it also have something to do with the AVATAR!??... maybe i should say...
    Other sets? Cards from Legend of the Lost Ranger, Rebellion of the Red Moon? I don't see why you'd post info on RotRM then leave it...and I knew that avatar was important.

the right ful OWNERS (meaning more than one) - and one of these rightful owners could actually be you - and you didn't even know :P
    Now I'm even more certain you're improving other people's cards - or you're letting people submit their own cards to the set...

using Acanthite BLANKS! - and MYTHICAL blanks
    I knew it! Well, actually, I can't remember who knew it first, me or Fangking...

faking is much more than meets the eye. There is a lot more going on behind this set that you realise
    So is there an element of the game in your cards, that has yet to be introduced?

could this have something to do with D/P! and it is not being released till the 29th of JUNE, because by then, we should know about new Pokémon. - but just a small set wouldn't be the biggest thing in faking history! rather - a set of 5 generations? maybe that would be big!
    So you're taking out of the first 386 Pokémon, including some DP Pokémon, and some of your own. This has got to be a massive set - well over 100 cards, surely.

LOST = generation, ancient, pokemon of a new species, epsilon, nova and a pokemon that takes on the characteristics of a berry?
    But which Pokémon looks like a berry? And ___tree? Fortree? No...that's a city.

I can't do any more tonight...

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
    Years
  • double dash, your the most spot on person here, even more spot on then the great fangking himself.

your about a 3 however out fo 10 to actually knowing what is coming ;) - as i said, there is much more going on behind the scenes than you realise, but i think if me and *THEE, were to reveal anything to anyone, i think it would probably be you, as your the one making it known to us that you are more enthusiatic then others, as you have made the most guesses and are closer than any othe person before.

you do not know the region in which the set takes place, (well, a mojority might) - and about 80% of the pokemon in this 114 card set you will also have probably never heard of (unless you keep your eye open to other pokemon sites) - and yes, this set will have WEAVILE in it, so keep your minds set on DIamond and Pearl Pokémon being in this set. let again state, i have been given SPECIAL PRIVILEDGES to have been able to work on this set, with someone very important. and i was not allowed to release this set to a certain date due to inportant matter, and let me add, i know a bit of japanese, and i had to ask VERY VERY VERY nicely to get permission - and the other person insisted on helping me with the set to get everything right!

as i said, the biggest thing in FAKING HISTORY is about to occur

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    you do not know the region in which the set takes place, (well, a mojority might) - and about 80% of the pokemon in this 114 card set you will also have probably never heard of (unless you keep your eye open to other pokemon sites) - and yes, this set will have WEAVILE in it, so keep your minds set on DIamond and Pearl Pokémon being in this set. let again state, i have been given SPECIAL PRIVILEDGES to have been able to work on this set, with someone very important. and i was not allowed to release this set to a certain date due to inportant matter, and let me add, i know a bit of japanese, and i had to ask VERY VERY VERY nicely to get permission - and the other person insisted on helping me with the set to get everything right!

...Shinou? And I'm guessing if we haven't heard of most of them, you've been given details of some of the new DP Pokémon. Plus, if you've been given special privileges, then as I say, you have info on new DP Pokémon. And if you know Japanese a little bit...might you be translating real cards that were never made into English?

I'm almost certain you're working with a Japanese illustrator, or somebody who works with Gamefreak. Which would explain why Gamefreak is capitalized in your sig.

...The biggest thing in faking history is about to occur
    That sends something down my spine. That sounds...what's the word? Phenomenal.

You asked someone at GF if you could make the cards, they said yes and offered to help?

Let me get this right, this is a FAKE card set? You're not actually making the official first English set with DP Pokémon? :P J/k.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • I don't think it's QUITE so grandiose... GAMEFREAK is always capitalised, and I think it was just a tip of the hat to the people who OWN the Pokémon franchise, because by rights if you're using the franchise for your own ends, you should acknowledge the copyright owners. Common faking courtesy. I think you've overstepped a little, although that WOULD be amazing...

Cascade was more praising when you implied he was working with a well known faking figure... so it'll be someone known to us, I suspect, rather than a grouchy GAMEFREAK employee who probably won't have info on all the D/P Pokémon yet.

A fake card set involving original Pokémon, with a couple of sniffs of old Pokémon and D/P. But mostly original creations, and a lot of them, all well designed and with awesome Cascade art :P That's what I predict we'll be seeing.

It's gonna be a big set, I bet. And two fakers working together makes it sound much more likely to be finished (I know from my own faking days of the past that one faker will get bored but two can bounce off each other for inspiration). Summer coming up, plenty of time to fake. We might see a lot of cards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is only 1 large fake card set in history that was ever completed? My knowledge of faking history recalls that set is Zeo Edition by Purity and Echidna, although Nick15's Mayakashi DID come quite close, admittedly, but never got finished in the end. If I see another faking set reach completion, that in itself will be an achievement, especially if it involves original creations on Cascade's gorgeous Acanthite blanks... a collaboration between two great fakers (note that I rate Cascade Gonpory as the best faker on the scene today; understands the aesthetics and construction of a card, he is creative with attacks and is also an awesome and versatile artist)... this could truly be the biggest thing in faking history.

In turn, big projects inspire other people to fake again. It could be like summer '03 and '04, two great faking years - VERY active. If this thing goes to plan, it could be the rebirth of faking after a lacklustre 2005 (admittedly blanks were a pain to get hold of and people from Zeo didn't really know that PPN was the host, hence why Zeo's been dead compared to PC). Obviously, my original field was card faking before I quit last year to pursue game development, and I'd be delighted to see it take off again, because the creativity levels are inspirational and it's great to feast on the art and originality that shines through.

What's going on behind the scenes though? It's as though there's more to it than just a fake card set...

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
    Years
  • - fangking has given everyone a pretty good speech, but not yet complete! unfortunately, he doesn't know whats going on, so :P your guess is as good as any other guess, but im pretty pumped about double dash's ideas. pretty phenominal ;) - i have given ALL the clues i have been allowed to give, so the clues end there.

may i just advertise something quickly, keep your eye open to small changes in posts that could give other clues and to the signitures also. as they may also give clues you never picked up.

i will continue to slowly add clues in various places, and be very happy, to accept Private Messages from people, and to answer small questions, with out giving anything away.

remeber these lines:

THE BIGGEST THING IN FAKING HISTORY IS ABOUT TO OCCUR - AND THERE IS MUCH MORE GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES THAN YOU REALISE

i will continue to share clues in VARIOUS places, maybe other forums and my signatures on them, and even my deviantart account, [cascadegonpory.deviantart] - but i say to you all,

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED - endless possabilities

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Double Dash, watch the double posting please. And this "4" thing he is talking about may be the "lost" Pokemon. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy. These 4 are never in the game normally and you have to get them "secretly" in the game. Nova = Jirachi since he came from space, Berry = Celebi since it's part of the first "Berry" generation. Epsilon = Mew because Epsilon is used in Physics, the permittivity of a medium. "The New Generation" is Manaphy.

As for the tree thing, look at it carefully. It's "A" instead of "an" which means it's not Oak or Elm. I did a search for 3-letter words that were trees and all I can find that started with a consanant, was "Red."

Well, I did my best.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy. These 4 are never in the game normally and you have to get them "secretly" in the game. Nova = Jirachi since he came from space, Berry = Celebi since it's part of the first "Berry" generation. Epsilon = Mew because Epsilon is used in Physics, the permittivity of a medium. "The New Generation" is Manaphy.
    That's probably one of the most sensible answers in this thread.

And last night, soz, had more chocolate than usual and got a tad too excited. :P

Flame Claw

Flaminator
    Years
  • "Secret stregnths are gained through those who beleive in being something of a HERO, but in an act of pure evil to take over the world, in sorcory over the gaining of a land, a nation, and a species of something MYSTERIOUS..."

Hero, and Mysterious. These look important.
    "and a species of something MYSTERIOUS..." We've already figured the Epsilon (we think)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back