• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The biology of Pokemon and their abilities

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    I've always wonderd what happens to Pokemon's bodies when they use moves, when their abilities active or when they evole, i.e when a Primeape's anger point actives does a huge surge of testosterone? When a Pokemon learns a new move does it grow a new body part? i.e Slowbro using Fire blast. When a Pokemon evoles does it emite some kind of radiation?

When Swift swim or Chlorophyll actives does it make the pokemon's body more felxible so it can move faster? ect.

Do Pokemon have diffrent hormones to us?

Other theories would be welcomed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2010
    lol my brother you are a deep man, did you really mess up your mind with that? :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Well DUH. XD
    Of course pokemon have different hormones than us humans, after all they need them considering if they're going to use moves; escpecially those of phenomenal power. They're mythical, not nautral but are creatured that most of us want to be actually living and breathing beside us.

Well I know I would. XD

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I've always thought that there was some kind of mystical aura of power - similar to QI. The aura is unique to each species of Pokémon and that might be what determines their type and which kind of moves they make. It is quite hard to make sense from some aspects of Pokémon and this certainly is one of those aspects.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    Oh, I love biology...you asked for science, you will have it...:badsmile:

WARNING: HIGH LEVEL OF SCIENCE AHEAD:
    Spoiler:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I like to think that some things just barely edge into the supernatural. Makes it easier to get away with teleportation and enough water to fill a reservoir in creatures two feet tall.

I like the idea of Dragon types using hydrogen or something close. It reminds me of Flare vs. Firaga in FF games...

Step one, I think, is that psychics and ghosts and (pseudo?)spiritual life force are confirmed fact in the Pokemon world.

Back