• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Black Cat's Stains

Bay

Years
  • BlackCatsStains.png

Don't know why I'm posting here if I knew I'll get killed here :x

'kay, decided to show some of my GIMP images I have done so far after my friend Misheard Whisper had the courage to do so (trust me, his is much better than mines ;) ). Now, I know these aren't as great as the PC graphic elites like Ducky, Baromega, Color Me Evil, etc. And yes, I do stalk. D: Now, I don't mind criticism (since I know these are really basic and amateur :P ), but PLEASE, PLEASE, do it in a respectful manner. No, "this is the worst gallery evar" even though I know I'll get those :P

banners
    operation-1.png

A Black Cat tag I'm using as my sig right now, featuring Sven, Eve, Train, and Rinslet. I was going for a different style similar to the ones Sweet May at Serebii does it.

alice_3.png

Alice from Pandora Hearts. Pretty much I went filter crazy. The render I did things like shadow, soft glow, sharpen, and other things I forgot. :P For the background, I basically used another stock and used the wind blur effect and then able to change the color with gradient.

Morty.png

Pretty much the effects I did were the same like the Alice banner, but with lighting effects. :P

Icons:
    TR-1.png

Jessie and James from Team Rocket. I actually like this one. :P

writing_that_carp.png

For Val as an early B-Day present. Simple avatar, but it's the thought that counts. :P

ohmyGAH-1.png

Sven from Black Cat. Was waiting for Baromega to make an avatar from this stock, but then I decided to try one for myself. XD

kotone.png

Kotone! XD Did some lightning effects and I like the results. Hate the border, though. :X

Larger pieces
    Spoiler:

Yes, I'm obsessed with Black Cat, shut up! XDThis one I made as a header for my LJ. I tried to make it more textual, but I failed. XD

I"m still trying to get the hang of GIMP, so don't kill me, please! ^^; Also, sorry none of them are of c4d effects. New styles should be love too. *nods* However, might try c4d effects after I get more practice with GIMP.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Omg I absolutely love this icon.. :D

kotone.png

Fantastic jog... And the Sven banner is just awesome.. Keep up the good work.. :D

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
  • To be completely honest, these aren't very good. =/
    Your first one looks very sloppy and overdone, and I hate that color blue on the text.

Render is waaaaaay too low-quality and the background is not may favorite. I also dislike that effect you did behind the text, just try putting it by the focal. The morty banner is the same.

Your icons are okay, though I hate the background on the magikarp one.

The large piece may be the only saving grace of this gallery, I really like your effects and colors.

For your first time, this is good work, especially on GIMP. Keep practicing and experimenting and I'm sure you'll be an excellent graphic artist.

Back