• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The boy and girl counting thread (Remember to post at least four words!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

usually around that time when I get hungry I go to sleep and deal with my hunger in the morning. XD;

Mrrrr. I wanna play Symphonia and get back to where my sister and I were on our file before it was corrupted. ;;

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years

I want to play Abyss again. I was doing an Unknown mode playthrough before, I should really get back to that... *waits for it to be a decent time of day*

Also: I just beat one of the hardest bosses in an MMORPG I play without taking any damage. [/feels pro]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

.... I wonder where I left off on my unknown playthrough. I was considering figuring that out and playing it again the other day, but I really didn't feel up to Abyss.

Nice! I would never be able to do something like that. I fail at video games. :[

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years

The only thing I remember from my Unknown playthrough (it's been almost a year...) is how it took me hours to beat Arietta #1 doing 1 damage. |:

I'm pretty sure I didn't get too far after that, seeing as how annoyed I was by that experience. :V

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I er... cheated and used the map glitch to get some weapons from Keterburg to make things easier one day in the far future I just might do another Unknown playthrough without doing that, hahaha... However, that didn't stop from having the water boss in the one caves a pain in the butt, because you have Asch in the party and he only did 1 damage.

Arietta caused me to put down the game for a while on my first playthrough. Then when I picked it up again, I went through the game after beating her (easily /sob) and for a while thought I liked Abyss more than Symphonia.

Then I played Symphonia again and I was wrong. Not thinking about the gameplay, I just enjoy the characters and story more in Symphonia, as well as other aspects.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years

Wow, why didn't I think of that...

I probably like Abyss more for it's gameplay and deep plot, but I like (most... *glares at Zelos*) of Symphonia's characters better.

But then again Abyss' gameplay is just like Symphonia's except more broken.

Now I'm confused as to why I think it's better after that realization...

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years

Is your TV at a bad angle or something?

Look on the bright side. At least you don't own ~10 consoles which all have games you like, and your TV can only hold 2 at one time so you're constantly getting behind it to swap out cords! :D

*sobs*

Years
    399. No. My brother broke my flatscreen TV that takes up very little space a while back and I have to borrow his tube TV, which doesn't fit where my TV does, and set up the VCR next to the TV (necessary because the TV is old enough not to have A/V cable ports on it). Where I need to put the VCR is also the only spot that my fan will fit in my room, and I use that to cool off and as white noise every night, so I have to take out the VCR and set it aside when I'm done with it for the day. A huge pain, to be quite honest.

I'd rather have to just swap out cables rather than move everything, to be quite honest.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years

Yeah, that sounds like a pain. Though I have to move pretty much everything in my living room every time I want to swap out something. My TV is pretty big, and it's sitting on an entertainment center with it's back to the wall.

The the left of it is a fish tank (about... 4 or 5 feet high), and to the direct right of it is a closet.

And the fact there are no lights in that room besides on the opposite wall makes it super annoying to change out cords when there's like 30 of them dangling...

But! Playing the games afterward makes up for all the hard work~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I love zelos. ;___; His song was actually playing while I was typing this. xD;

idk. For me the plot for Symphonia was more deep, but maybe it's because I like Mithos more than Van and his just... made more sense in an odd but strange way (they were just twisted okay ;;) while Van was just all 'REPLICA WORLD BECAUSE THIS WORLD IS STUPID. :[' or whatever. I know it has something to do with the score... but hell like I remember. xD; /brick'd

Abyss did make a few things less broken like Revitalize... but I like my broken Revitalize kthnksbye. |D;

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years

The only games I have for the DS I really like are the Pokemon games. And that's kind of a narrow field to choose from. ("Let's see, should I play a spinoff or shall I play a maingame? A spinoff sounds nice... Mystery Dungeon or Trozei? Hmmm... This is a tough deicision...")

I prefer my PSP. I have a lot of different games for it, including: Disgaea 2, Phantasy Star Online Portable, Star Ocean 2, <insert a bunch of Tales games here>, and those are just to name a few! xD;

Though I always op to bring my Game Boy or Game Boy Color with me, due to their long battery life compared to today's handhelds. :V I'm so weird.

@BinaryPeaches - Meh, I just don't like his type. Though I do feel bad for him, considering his past with his mother and sister. (Then I kill him like, 5 minutes after meeting his sister to get Kratos.... xD;...)

And... Abyss has bad dialogue. But the idea is really deep, and takes a while to really get the whole concept.

Symphonia has a good plot, but you pretty much know what's going to happen after finding out the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Eh... his 'type' is only a facade, so I kind of dislike it when people hate him for that.

Symphonia just sparks me more than Abyss. /shrugs. Not like I remembering knowing everything or not after the 'iceberg' because it was years ago and I already know everything there is to Symphonia. And I still love it so whether or not that's true I can't say.

Again, I haven't played Abyss in a while, but I always throught Van was a bit silly, despite how 'deep' it was.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years

Well, it's not that I hate him. I just don't like him as much as the other characters. (Although strangely enough most of my favorites on FF.net are Sheelos...)

That comment was more like "I don't like Zelos more than I like Luke and co., though. o3o".

And I guess the reason he isn't one of my favorites is because I killed him off in every playthrough, so I don't know his dialogue after that point...

And I wasn't trying to say that Symphonia was bad. I was just saying that Abyss left you wondering what was going to happen next, while I pretty much could guess what would happen next in Symphonia. (The only thing that caught me off guard was the Kratos scene, and not so much as the actual revelation... But moreso Lloyd's reaction... ;_;...)

And Van sucks, period. That guy =/= the entire plot, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Oooooh yeah. That would definitely explain it. Some of what he says, as well as his Flanoir/Balcony and the Extra Chapter from the manga really helps develop Zelos in my opinion.

Feh. Luke. I dislike Luke. I dislike Tear. I really dislike Luke and Tear. They just bother me to no end.

I know. What I was saying that because it was years ago, I don't remember my reaction to the plot the first time. Doesn't help that the first time I played it was with a friend and she played when my sister and I weren't over, so we missed a few parts. Of course, I don't remember Abyss' either, but meh.

Nope. The God Generals are cool... but the fact that they're awesome is actually a little bit of a downside, especially to a soft-hearted person like me. I actually like that Symphonia has enemies that I dislike/don't care for, because then it's much easier/better for me to go and say 'OKAY LET'S GO KILL THEM' rather than 'awww. now it's time for the sync battle. SOB' Yes. I know I'm weird.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years

I dislike his Long Haired personality, but I like him after he cuts his hair. At least, when Asch isn't around.

I always skip that dialogue. It's just so annoying and stupid...

And Tear... Honestly, I don't like her either. Her backstory is pretty much:

Spoiler:

I like Guy, though. Pretty much every scene with his involvement instantly becomes awesome in some way.

Anise... Eh. I don't like her, but I don't hate her either. It's not like I blame her for Ion's fate, that's more Mohs' fault than anything.

Speaking of Ion, he's adorable. End story. <3

Jade. I don't get why everyone likes him so much. :V He's fine, but not as funny as people make him out to be.... Maybe I just don't have a good sense of humor.

Natalia- Let me fight as you and please stay out of my cutscenes. Thank you.

I used to hate Asch until I read the Asch Gaiden manga. Now I hate myself for hating him. T___T

Well, I just wrote a lot for no apparent reason.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Eh. Yeah, Luke did get better after he cut his hair, but I didn't like it when he became emo.

Guy is amazing. I love him. he's my favorite character next to Sync which is ironic because I dislike Luke and his emo self but I love Sync. idek sometimes.

Anise is adorable. I can't really hate her, especially when my sister roleplays as her. She's a pretty amazing Anise. Also... what Anise had to go through was kind of a morality issue, so I don't blame her for it at all. I definitely blame Mohs for it for making her do that in the first place.

Ion is adorable. I love him. he comes right after Guy and Sync.

I didn't think much of Jade at the beginning, but he started to grow on me and then he took off his glasses and I was all 'sfhkjdhjfkdjksgd'. I love how he has the Japanese Seiyuu as Faust from Shaman King. >3>

I never really thought much when it came to Natalia. And Asch... I like him better than Luke. That's... all I can really say. xD;

Huzzah for writing a whole bunch of stuff!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back