• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Catacombs

Years
  • please no bad replys but i decided to make it the legend of zelda the catacombs

because i thought i had a good zelda making skill

HiKaizer

Beer Drinking Dragon God
    Years
  • Its great that you want to make your own titles but people do go in for first impressins alot, so try doing them in a better graphics program, like PSP or Fireworks. And if you don't have them I am sure people here would be willing to work on them for you.

Are you planing to have a spell system like in the GBA games or stick for the traditional cross, holywater etc... set?

Years
  • uhuhhhh it is kinda going through a evolution there will be more screens alot more
    heres the dark cave (not the one from pokemon)

Last edited:
    Years
  • the aroows are fo i made parts of the cave unpassable so there is a big path

i wanted to show how to get through

Years
  • ok i have got a dark cave before and after

1st is before 2nd is after
    and my site for the game is in my sig
    heres the stats
    the_catabref.gif

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    instead of making it entirely black, you should give the player a
    couple of clues. Some 1 pixel lines or something to guide the way.
    Of course, these would have to be transparent.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Here's another idea:
    Use a difficulty selector at the beginning. If you set it on hard mode there are no arrows, and if you set it on Normal there are some arrows, and if you set it on Easy there are lots!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • No, just turn on a switch for difficulties. Then in your events you can check the little switch thingy on the left and have a different page for each difficulty.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Switches are things that go on and off. Look at your light when it's off. Now flick the switch. What happened to the light? Something changed! Flick it off. It went back to the way it was! WOW! Okay, that's the concept. If you have a treasure chest, you go up to it and it says "You found 1000 GP!" Then you go up to it again and it gives you another 1000 GP. Something wrong with this picture? We need to use a switch! After the first message, use a "Switch Operation" to flip on a switch. Now hit "new page" On the left are little check boxes. Check the "Switch" one and chose the switch you just flicked on. Now write a message like, "It's empty! NOOOOO!!!!111oneoneone." What happens is you get your $1000 and it turns to page two by flicking on the switch. The next time you approach it it will stop giving you money. As long as that switch is "ON," the chest will never revert to its pervious state. Cool, huh?

So all you need to do is make an event for each arrow. Make three pages and put a check in each one where it says "Switch." Make three switches for the three difficulties, and give the hard version no graphic and the others the arrow graphic. So when "Hard" is flipped on, there will be no graphic. If you flip on "Normal," there will be an arrow! So all you need to do is go back to the start of your game and make an auto-start event that gives you a choice for difficulty. Depending on which one is selected, turn a switch on!

Years
  • i still do not get it how do you make a difficulty setting event
    and if it is in the beginning of the game how do you effect the arrows

Back