• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed)

King!

better
Years
  • and it would be allow since grass types aren't banned
    but if it wasn't a fairy you wouldn't be able to use it because it wouldn't apply to anything

Wait...what? omg grass types aren't allowed or aren't banned? xD and it would be allowed or wouldn't be allowed?

If it wasn't a fairy and if grass types are allowed I could use it because it's green and I would probably have a red Pokemon, right?

lol I'm getting confused..

MythologicalHAX

Psychic Nightmare
    Years
  • Wait...what? omg grass types aren't allowed or aren't banned? xD and it would be allowed or wouldn't be allowed?

If it wasn't a fairy and if grass types are allowed I could use it because it's green and I would probably have a red Pokemon, right?

lol I'm getting confused..

You would be able to use it with a rtd poke cuz its green but if i wasnt green you couldnt use it since its in another egg group as well as fairy it has to be strictly the said egg group (as in the first column on bulbapedia not the second) right Laure?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • my perception is that it can be in another egg group (i.e Water 1 or Water 2), unless the other egg group is banned. Right, Laure?

Years
  • First column not the second column most be in the pure egg group

I swear you guys are making this difficult, If it doesn't apply to your team you don't get that Pokemon. You're making it sound as though if it isn't banned you can have it. Nope first column egg groups but mostly stick to your colors and types.

King!

better
    Years
  • Okay, well it's my green Pokemon anyways so whatever. xD

I'm not too sure I want anyone to switch me now...o.o"

Years
  • Yeah people who are planning their teams if you are unsure of something in your team just tell me about it, and I think that would be a lot easier to explain.

Years
  • Wait. So let's say we did do the green and red thing and one of our set got boxed... we can't just replace the missing element in our pair? We have to box both? @-@

Let's say you are missing your red, you have to keep your green boxed until you get yourself a replacement that meets the level requirements

MythologicalHAX

Psychic Nightmare
    Years
  • Quest ideas
    catch all pokemon in a given route (minor repeatable quest)
    fully evolve 7 pokemon (your entire team plus one replacement)
    sweep a gym with one poke (progressively gets harder)
    beat your rival using only one poke (first two times don't count :P)

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2022
    I will be behind as i cant update for the first 3 to 4 days (im going to bush gardens in virginia totally forgot about that when signing up) so uh i'll still be in, but only AS A TROLLER who gets UBER sudden changes and uses them on people who think they have their team! Thats what i'll be doing! haahahahhahahahahhahahahah ;)

I was thinking about just quitting and watching, but i want to be one of the people who can say, "i participated in every game!"

Hehehehe

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    List of pokemon allowed in winter available in R/S: (Just because i need it for myself)

For all the ones where the evo is allowed, but the prevo not, what are we supposed to do? Its like half the alowed pokemon. :I

Spoiler:

Edit: Removed water and flying types (Some of the best options where water :() :I

Last edited:
    Years
  • I will be behind as i cant update for the first 3 to 4 days (im going to bush gardens in virginia totally forgot about that when signing up) so uh i'll still be in, but only AS A TROLLER who gets UBER sudden changes and uses them on people who think they have their team! Thats what i'll be doing! haahahahhahahahahhahahahah ;)

I was thinking about just quitting and watching, but i want to be one of the people who can say, "i participated in every game!"

Hehehehe

You seen how this tournament works, and with no one able to get clocks that easily they will only be 2-2.5 hours a head of you really. If you have a hard copy if there was a way for you to write down everything you've achieved and submit it somehow (text message maybe idk) it would still count since you have an excuse

sign me up for this. I'll be playing with ruby. :D

Awesome you get fall as your season

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Okay, I made a list of usable Pokemon for the Summer Season as well.

Spoiler:

By the way jespoke, you can only use pokemon in the pure fairy group, which means only Pluse and Minun qualify in R/S.

Laure, I assume we can use pre-evos that don't fall under the season limits as long as we evolve them as soon as we can, right?

Years
  • Okay, I made a list of usable Pokemon for the Summer Season as well.

Spoiler:

By the way jespoke, you can only use pokemon in the pure fairy group, which means only Pluse and Minun qualify in R/S.

Laure, I assume we can use pre-evos that don't fall under the season limits as long as we evolve them as soon as we can, right?

Thank you JD and Jespoke I'll put them in the OP next time I get around to editing it, which will be when I probably add more alchemy items and such

so, how many people will be in this roughly?
    also, do you know when it will start

I predict 20 for some reason
    In my post it says we will start Saturday morning, but if we get 20 it could always start early because I don't think I can handle keeping track of more than that
    (but then again I have a lot of things to do on this forum so it will probably be Saturday)

Okay Alchemy Section has been worked on but I will be adding more as ideas come to me, feel free to continue to suggest items and alchemy items, as well as your input on existing items

Bombs have also been added and edited from Jespoke's concept to affect the individual and since the odd pool on them is so big I made some of them a bit more extreme :D

Also forget I said anything about expert mode just ignore expert mode in the original forum that's just too much to keep track of.

Laure's To Do List
    Update Roster
    Start Alchemy Section
    Put Up Bombs
    Work on Quests
    Finish Alchemy
    Add Jespoke's and JD's available Pokemon list to forum
    etc. etc

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I just think that pure egg groups are too rare for this. I mean, winter has plusle and minun, and summer only has the aron family :/

Years
  • I just think that pure egg groups are too rare for this. I mean, winter has plusle and minun, and summer only has the aron family :/

Yeah but I'm working with a double edged sword here, for some seasons if I allow all egg groups it would be a blessing because you'd have diversity, for others there is no challenge at all because there are a ton of Pokemon.

It should be fine the purpose of the challenge is a mix of monocolor and monotype, the egg groups were just an added bonus to help you along.

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Ok, i've started getting ideas for some alchemy now :)

As we now got confirmed we can use pokemon that evolve into fitting pokemon, so i just included the prevos too.

Also, i will make a list for fall here:
    Spoiler:

Seems like it gets a lot of awesome things for the late game :D And Sableye is nearly everywhere

While I'm in speed Ill make Spring too.(Just thought of the best Danish/English translation joke ever :P Post it here when I'm finished)

Spring:
    Spoiler:

This is good early on, but gets kinda shallow with the huge majority being grass and poison types

Danish/English translation joke: (Happened in real life)

Once, the British queen visited Denmark. The hotel she would be staying prepared for this by putting stickers over the small screen in the elevators. Why? Because when they reached full speed, the screen said "In speed". This should be fine, if it wasn't because in danish, the words "In speed" are spelled "I fart", with the hotel didn't want the elevators to say to the queen!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thank you guys super much! This will make it easier, I swear the seasons challenge made a lot more sense in my head when I wrote it.

More alchemy ingredients should by on by tomorrow than I am going to read up on R/S make us some quests and maybe some more goals will show up on the points table.

Back