• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Cheese Class is inSession

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
Years
  • Uhm EvilCheese, I wrote in my "exam" thing that I have no idea how to smudge. I will attempt a smudge banner but I assure you it won't be to standard. If you could post a tut or just write how that would be fantastic!

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • The Cheese Class is inSession

yes not one of my best works actually its probably my worst but i threw it together in like 20 seconds.

well you get the point.

the thing that that you have to remember in both smudging and c4ds is the flow

flow is very very important in any banner for a flow you have to have a nice direction that goes both with your banner and every other effect. now in my banner there is a bad flow because of the c4d. its hard to find a c4d that will flow with your banner. you can also use other effects to make it match your banner. such as hue saturation and erasing parts the cover your focal and parts that look bad. remember the c4d i posted earlier? it had a black background right? so i use a blending mode that got rid of black such as screen, lighten, linear dodge and color dodge. remember people dont become good in one day it takes several tries and through trial and error can you only succeed

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
  • Ok heres my very first smudge banner ever.
    Although I had to follow a tutorial on smudge, C4D banners but I tweaked it and I like how it turned out.

What do you think for a first go?

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • that was better than my first go xD.

anyway what i wanted was for you to put the c4d over the render since there is no blending but it looks fine as it is so ill give you a B+ (dont worry i gave mine a D)

Perfectionist

Perfectionism is an Art
    Years
  • Okie doke.
    Well I look forward to our next assignment!
    P.S: Could I get some constructive crtisim and suggestions for the banner I made? Just so I can edit out the buts that need changing.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Assignment number 3:

I'm not sure about the text placement and whether it flows or not. But I like it ^^

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • @Akari - the only thing i see wrong with the banner is emptiness and no flow. your c4d is going up right diagnol. while your renders arm is going up left diagnol. so your grade is B-

@DC - im not loving the text but hey im not an expert at text so who am i to talk? your flow is nice i wanted to keep these banners simple but all of you used other effects but thats okay. A+

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Actually, that's just several C4Ds blended on a smudged background.
    I used several blending modes and adjustment layers. =)

About the text.. any advice on that? I always suck with the text.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Unfortunately, I'm having problems with my Photoshop now and I don't know when I can get back on track. Until then, I guess you can consider me absent at your school.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Ok evilcheese, Rena is now signed up to your class ^^

And i see you used my smudge tut, glad to see it's being put to good use xDD.

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
    Years
  • Ok evilcheese, Rena is now signed up to your class.

Well, actually I signed up for Hazuki's..but I'll do both because I want to learn more ^_^! But you should also notify Hazuki. Also, the first assignment;;

1. Do you Know what a vector style is? Yeshh.
    2. Do you know what a c4d is? Kind of.
    3. Do you know what smudguing is? Yes.
    4. Do you know what a brush is (grunge, vector, etc.)? Kind of.
    5. Do you know how to use photoshop filters? Nope ^_<.
    6. Do you know how to use gradient maps? Yeshh.
    7. Do you know how to do a clipping mask? Yes, but I'm not that good.
    8. Do you know how to use blending modes (hardlight, color, linear dodge, ect.)? Yes! LJ icons FTW >=D.
    9. Do you know how to use animation? Kind of.
    10. What other designs do you know? I'm not sure xD.

Last edited:

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • ok its a start well you can do the next 3 assignments on the first post (remember to put the c4d in a spoiler).

ok just a reminder students who have not turned in assignments cannot move on to the next assignment actually ill make it more fun. the people who have turned in the 3rd assignment will get to pick one of my banners and ill make a tutorial for that banner. so lucky those who have turned it in.

Back