• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The [NEW] Graphics School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2009
GraphicsSchoolLogo-1.png

Welcome to the Graphics School of The PokeCommunity. (This is a Re-Made Thread of the old Graphics school, WITH PERMISSION FROM El Capitano and Loki) Directed towards artists eagre to improve their skills using a particular graphics program, design skills, or both. (Much of this Post is Copied from the original Graphics school)

-------------

I would now like to explain how this "school will be taught. The idea is, teachers (volunteers, who are very skilled in graphics) will send an application to me. Telling me their specialization, (banners, web graphics) and the program they use.

If you really think you have the skills to be a teacher, PM me filling the form at the end of this thread.

I am wanting to have 3 different classes.

1. Program Class: The teacher in this class teaches you the basics on how to use a particular program.

2. Design Class: The teacher in this class helps students with developing their own graphics making style, this is a little bit more artsie.

3. Design/Program Class: Its pretty much learning the program and design at the same time.

These are all beggining classes that teach the basic skills of graphics making. After this level of classes there are signature classes.

I bet alot of people are thinking right now..... AHHH I dont have photoshop this is going to be bad for me. Well Hopefully enough teachers will sign up specializing in different programs, solving that problem.

-------------------

Okay, now for the students.....

If you want to enroll in PC's Graphics School Please PM
Uryū Ishida

------------------

Teacher Form:
Program:
Specialization:
Preference: ( which class do you want to teach)
Example of Work: (so i can determine If you are good enough to teach)

If there is anything that is unclear post here.

----------------------

The Classes:

GIMP classes

1. Program Class - Teacher: ??? - Class Status:Empty....

2. Design Class - Teacher: ??? - Class Status: Empty....

3. Design/Program Class - Teacher: Poke'd - Class Status: OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Link to Class
Students:
-Tre_Al
-unit101

Signature Making Class 1 (Beginner) - Teacher:~Koneko - Class Status: NEEDS STUDENTS
Students:
-Tre_Al
-Hao

Signature Making Class 2 - Teacher:??? - Class Status: Empty....

Signature Making Class 3 - Teacher:??? - Class Status: Empty....

Photoshop Classes

1. Program Class - Teacher:??? - Class Status: Empty....

2. Design Class - Teacher:evilcheese- Class Status: OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Link to class
Students:
-Perfectionist
-Gummy
-Chikara
-DarkChild
-Poke'd
-Decypher

3. Design/Program Class - Teacher: ??? - Class Status: Empty....
Students:

Signature Making Class: Beginner - Teacher: £äT¡ø§™- Class Status:OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Link to class
Students:
-Gummy
-ぱにぽに
-AK Legend
-Perfectionist
-Pinocchio

Signature Making Class 2: Intermediate - Teacher: Hazuki - Class Status: OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Link to class
Students:
-Motsuko Live
-PikachuTrainer1994
-Kyon.
-clade.
-Ooka
-DarkChild
-Perfectionist
-Rena
-Poke'd

Signature Making Class 3: Hard - Teacher: Loki Class Status : OPEN FOR BUSINESS
- munna (Loki: Too lazy to copypasta your new name.)
- evilcheese
- Akari
- Hazuki
- Shiranui
- Rena
- Kaiyori
- Motsuko Live

8/10
----------------------------------

[/color][/b]You can also take more than one class, and transfer to different classes, or cancel. So if a class is too hard, you can transfer to a different one or just cancel that class.

------------------
School Completion Status: GOOD ENOUGH

The actual homerooms will be made once we have a decent amount of teachers and students.

------------------

How to make your very own homeroom! ------- You cant do this until your class says "OPEN FOR BUSINESS"

1) Go to the Graphics, and Photography forum, and create a new thread.
2) Name it anything you like, just as long it is very apparent it is your homeroom (graphics school class: for example - Graphics School {
Uryū Ishida's Homeroom})
3) This is the most important part, you must have a layout for your class, so it is easy to follow what is for homework (yes teachers will assign homework). There should be at least three sections.

- An intro. (tell your students about your style, what you like to do with your program. And most of all, what you are going to cover in your class)

- Students list. (just list your students. Also add some contact info, so that new students can join the fun!

- An Assignments list ( have a list of all of the current, and past assignments. Try and be very, very, VERY descriptive with what you want them to do. So there is no "AHH WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!?!?!?!" You can try and link tutorials for some of your lessons also. ------------- Remember not to delete the old Assignments so people who start late can pick up.

I hope The New Graphics school will be successful and bring more activity to the Graphics & Photography Section.

-------------

Any Inquiries PM Me , if you want to become a teacher for a different program besides GIMP and photoshop, just Post or PM.

=================

IF EVERYBODY CAN TRY TO PUT A LINK TO THE GRAPHICS SCHOOL IN YOUR SIGNATURE TO TRY TO KEEP IT ALIVE.

++++++

I am now known as Kaiyori, so if your wondering who is that trying to run the place, it's me.

Last edited:

Hazuki

delenda est.
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
I'd like to be the Photoshop Signiture Making Class Intermedite level teacher please. ^^

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
i was a teacher before can i be a teacher again except this time teaching sig class number 2?

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
Hey, may I join the Signature Making class at intermediate level? And I know a couple of great PSers...I'll se if they want to be teachers.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
Years
Hello, I'd like to be a teacher for Design in Photoshop. I PM'd you my portfolio and other details you requested.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
I want to be a student in GIMP program/design.

LINUX ROX! and thats all i have to say hehe.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
Can I be a student under Hazuki in Signature Making Class 2: Intermediate for Photoshop?

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Uryū Ishida, what's the status on those teachers? Are they accepted?
I'm still not sure which class to join.. hmm

IDEA: Maybe you should make it so everyone who desires to become a student is obliged to provide a link to the Graphics School in their signature during the period that he/she is attending a certain class. That way, the school can be more popular and won't end up dying like last time...

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2009
Ok been away a while, DC;; Yeah, well everybody try to put a link in your signature to the graphics school.

OKAY, Hazuki and evilcheese, can you please post examples and i will decide from that. Kai. sorry i already have a teacher for beginner class.

Last edited:

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2009
No it is not a requirement, but as DC said, it will help keep the graphics school alive.

OKAY. Beginner Sig making class is READY, Just need some more students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back