• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Christian Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    ROFL, this is hilarious.
    Especially being a Christian myself, I find this really funny, since my grandparents are just like that.
    I'm not offended at all because I'm not so strict like that. I have my beliefs and that's that; I actually don't "act Christian" at all, I just believe in it.

But this ain't a religion forum.

I might try this challenge on SoulSilver, its pretty damn hilarious xD Oh god, I said damn...Oh god, I said "oh god"...OH MY FU...

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Oh, laaawd. This is absolutely hilarious. But god is looking down us right now with a heavy heart because he disapproves of our mockery.

jk jk (maybe? :S)

Okay, I am going to give this a shot. Can I add a few rules of my own? My character is from an Amish settlement that completely prohibits electricity so she can't use Electric-type Pokemon or moves. Yeah, maybe I am just making this unnecessarily harder for myself but oh well. And that's basically the only rule I want to add for myself. I will also try to avoid any items in-game tainted by sin.

I'm going to play Pokemon Emerald.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The Christian Challenge

Player: Lekah
    Game: Ruby
    Badges: 4

The Christian Challenge

Ashkenaz / Torchic (m) lv. 43 @ Everstone
    "fire that spreads"
    Flamethrower, Peck, Slash, Dig

The Christian Challenge

Arphaxad / Cacnea lv. 27 (m)
    "healer"
    Leech Seed, Secret Power, Absorb, Pin Missle

The Christian Challenge

GEODUDE (m) lv. 28 @ Quick Claw
    Strength, Rock Throw, Magnitude, Defense Curl

The Christian Challenge

Joshua / Marill (m) lv. 16 @ Silk Scarf
    Water Gun, Tackle, Rollout, Defense Curl

I taught Flannery some Bible verses and got a new perma member. I decided Cacnea would be better than Tropius, but now I'm missing out on a flier. I can Spheal with it though. The real challenge will be getting two more Everstones, one for Arphaxad and the other for the Phanpy I plan on using later. I don't think I'll be using Ashkenaz for a while now. He's the level I'm normally at for Winona or Tate & Liza. srsly. Also picked up an Ice Beam TM to teach Jigglypuff when I catch one. Hopefully their encounter rate is higher than Cacnea's and I can afford to hunt a +sp att nature. Then I'll probably EV it a bit, since I mean...well, come on. lol Jigglypuff. I made the wrong choice though. Cause I mean, when I Surf from Petalburg to Slateport, I'd stop by and get the Ice Beam TM in the Abandoned Ship anyway. And then I'd do the New Mauville sidequest and get Thunderbolt. I should have gotten Flamethrower. ~_~ Hopefully I'll have the money for when I get back around to Mauville though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2011
    I just started this challenge last night on Pearl Version. I'm playing with an added rule, no looking up which pokemon can and can't breed with each other, because, of course, Birth Control is murder. There's a reason God let Pokemon learn the move "Withdraw", after all.
    I'm also writing a comic that will go along with my character's experiences in the Playthrough. Whenever one of the rules comes up, the character's mom is going to show up as a blue "Star Wars" style ghost. This has already happened with her getting the Hidden Power TM, since it showed up on my game as a Psychic move.

k-9 unit

flood infected pikachu (BRAINS
    Years
  • if legendaries are gods, then wouldnt that be againt the rules? it would be like beating god with a stick..... yeah i saw a lot of flaws here......

Axiom

Seraphic
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2012
    Interesting notion. I shall consider it.

Anyway, shouldn't Dragons be banned too? Not to get too theological with you but I remember a Prophet or two saying Dragons are evil and one actually condemning their worship in the Old Testament.

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
    Years
  • if legendaries are gods, then wouldnt that be againt the rules? it would be like beating god with a stick..... yeah i saw a lot of flaws here......

It's against the religion to believe in other Gods above our own. Which is why they all must be done away with.

In other news:

I will do this challenge on Red since i have that ROM...starting now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

That's why you kill them. You didn't read the rules.

Anyway though, this thread hasn't been posted in for over a month, which is considered reviving. However, because I'm a part of this challenge, I'll make a new one shortly. Doubt Penatrait will care much, lol.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back