• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Couriway Town rail ray theory

Gizmo-Dude17

"Sorry, don't mind me."
    Years
    For those who have the pokemon X and Y guide book; turn to page 384 (the page that talks about berry farming) there, you'll find a "note" with a paragraph. It says:

"In addition to the thirteen berries that can only be cultivated threw mutation, anotther fourteen berries do not appear in pokemon X and pokemon Y, and can be obtained only by trading them from other regions."

Uh, how? when you can't transfer berrys via-pokemon bank!? (Gosh, who thought that was a good idea? at least let us transfer A berry)

Facts:
    -there can now be downloaded software/additonal data via-nintendo eshop (wich was not available before).
    -Also, there are only 69 new pokemon!
    -There have also been many characters in the games that talk about there/ other regions and one talks about his "the back packer".
    Many of you seen, or heard oth this chracter before right?

But, these "characters" have always been in pokemon games for a long time so, theres not anything much to notify about that.

So this is were I introduce the CTRR therory.
    Because there was a very small quantity of new pokemon (compared to past games) perhaps nintendo has planned that they may add a new region/ new game by merely using nintendo eshop. It's possible, isn't it? Doesn't it seem to early to make a new system after the 3DS? Also, why not make downloadable extra content for more items, regions, pokemon(with a fee of course, remember this would be a sort of new game). Goodness! They could even just stop were there at, and continue using pokemon X and Y for future releases!

This is just my therory, and wanted to know what others thought. See yea later!

Years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU4yY5r0K0

Marriland has an entire video on this theory, he thinks Gen VI will have another region that will be compatible with XY.

As for what I think about it, i'm not completely certain on it, if they introduce one region already it'd be a ways before they cut to another. It might be two years from now like Emerald and Platinum were after their first games, or less.

Gizmo-Dude17

"Sorry, don't mind me."
    Years
    It might be two years from now like Emerald and Platinum were after their first games, or less.
    Really? I didn't know that emerald was 2 years after R/S. But, It could be 2 years later. Considering that weird not at the train sattion (It could be less of a mystery by then).

Years
    I was thinking we might get railway access through event/dlc
    1. The map pointer will hover off the screen on the right side near the mountains by the railway ( entire right side actually ) but the left side is bordered and blocked as normal.
    2. The lumiose press editor chief left a note on his/her desk saying he/she will be going in the mountains to look for a mythical pokemon ( my idea is diancie/hoops/volcanion : whichever will be the first if not all 3 are released together is the pkmn editor went looking for. The guy in lumiose press hasn't seen the editor in forever if you talk to him now in xy. So I'm thinking the first event will be a couriway rail ticket maybe given to you by looker and you are tasked with finding missing editor. This will give you access to the mountains to the right side of the map and 1 or all 3 of the legends. )

Just an imaginative theory.
    Don't think we will get a whole games worth of dlc but I think we will get more story oriented events like celebi event in hgss

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    So far, scprepschool's theory sounds the most likely to me.

They wouldn't have thrown a whole railway in the game like that for it to be vacant, I'm sure they'll make use of it and many other things through DLC's. Which is my favorite part about this game being open to them, so many possibilities. I only hope Gamefreak utilizes them properly.

Years
    Really? I didn't know that emerald was 2 years after R/S. But, It could be 2 years later. Considering that weird not at the train sattion (It could be less of a mystery by then).

I meant they were released two years later, they weren't sequel games like BW2 (and GSC basically). I mean, it might not be very easy for them to just up and create a new region so soon.

Years
    Didn't GF say they're not doing DLC? So why the repeated comments on it?

That is probably the most redundant thing gf has ever stated. They probably are on of the most original distributors of dlc. Every event Pokémon ever released is technically dlc. If Activision and infinity ward put out a single camo for a weapon and called it event camo it would still be dlc for call of duty, so when Pokémon does it for years its not considered dlc?
    I'm not even so sure they said that, and if so I think it may have been a misunderstanding of the question.
    The celebi event in hgss unlocked an entire short side mission, placing a NPC ( Giovanni ) in game that isn't part of the physical copy without the downloaded celebi ( in the coding yes, but not just plain out in the playable story ). This is dlc by definition.
    What about all the GameStop distributions?
    Gf does dlc and always have

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That is probably the most redundant thing gf has ever stated. They probably are on of the most original distributors of dlc. Every event Pokémon ever released is technically dlc. If Activision and infinity ward put out a single camo for a weapon and called it event camo it would still be dlc for call of duty, so when Pokémon does it for years its not considered dlc?
    I'm not even so sure they said that, and if so I think it may have been a misunderstanding of the question.
    The celebi event in hgss unlocked an entire short side mission, placing a NPC ( Giovanni ) in game that isn't part of the physical copy without the downloaded celebi ( in the coding yes, but not just plain out in the playable story ). This is dlc by definition.
    What about all the GameStop distributions?
    Gf does dlc and always have

No its not DLC. DLC is content that doesn't exist in the games before it has been released. Everything that Gamefreak released was already in the games, coded and possible to get to through manipulation. No DLC for any other game with DLC will allow you access to said areas because they do not exist in the games.

Gamefreak has never done DLC content and has expressed that they never will do DLC content.

Years
    No its not DLC. DLC is content that doesn't exist in the games before it has been released. Everything that Gamefreak released was already in the games, coded and possible to get to through manipulation. No DLC for any other game with DLC will allow you access to said areas because they do not exist in the games.

Gamefreak has never done DLC content and has expressed that they never will do DLC content.

So if a pokemon is considered content to a pokemon game and if I go to gamestop and connect to WiFi, in simple terms, I am not downloading content?

Years
    Well the kind of DLC GF meant is expanded region, or added regions, new clothes, those kind of stuff, rather than the typical Pokémon events.

I'm not going down this route. The one company that is most known recently for being more unpredictable than they ever was, look.. I could say more but I'll just say this, as pkmn fan since red and blue, I hope they do dlc, heck charge for it I don't care, I'm just saying if Nintendo don't get hip then were gonna watch pkmn die out. Dlc and online interaction go hand in hand with story in video games these days.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I believe you mean GF, as Nintendo isn't in charge of the DLC, just it's distribution. The most Nintendo can do is try to make GF change their mind. Also I wouldn't call GF the most unpredictable company nor the most know as being that...
    Either way even if Nintendo did presure GF it may come off as odd as they didn't originally plan it...well then again it's said B2W2 weren't originally planned by GF but done so to attract buyers as a typical third version for a dying system proably wouldn't sell highly...so maybe it could work.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Why not call them the most unpredictable.. I mean the only thing else on the Ds is Zelda and fire emblem... really I'd rather play angry birds... pkmn is it for Nintendo I hope they treat it well for the real fans :) peace and love no arguing just opinions :)

Pokemon has tried DLC with Mystery Dungeon and from what I've gathered, the overall attempt flopped hard enough for TPC's president to not want to go the DLC route with the main games.

And no, the Pokemon you get from Wifi events are not Downloaded content. The Content is already on your system's data. All we get is basic data that brings the content out for us, unlike say Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim. Both the areas for Dragonborn and Dawnguard do not exist in the games if you do not get the download content or the disc with them already installed. The content itself doesn't exist, coded data or visual packaging.

Sims works this way as well. You can't even use certain fan patches and mods if they require you to have specific updates as the content for those mods, items, characters, places do not exist in the data nor visually in the game.

Where as a Wifi event gift only gives us a data packet and our games then give the visual coding to create the Pokemon/item in the game using what already exists.

Nintendo wouldn't really stand to make any profit as Gamefreak wouldn't make content to be charged, so Nintendo would essentially lose money for using data coverage to even host the DLC and keep it up and running for downloads while we don't have to pay a dime. As opposed to events where the store that runs the event has to pay to host it.

Years
    Pokemon has tried DLC with Mystery Dungeon and from what I've gathered, the overall attempt flopped hard enough for TPC's president to not want to go the DLC route with the main games.

And no, the Pokemon you get from Wifi events are not Downloaded content. The Content is already on your system's data. All we get is basic data that brings the content out for us, unlike say Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim. Both the areas for Dragonborn and Dawnguard do not exist in the games if you do not get the download content or the disc with them already installed. The content itself doesn't exist, coded data or visual packaging.

Sims works this way as well. You can't even use certain fan patches and mods if they require you to have specific updates as the content for those mods, items, characters, places do not exist in the data nor visually in the game.

Where as a Wifi event gift only gives us a data packet and our games then give the visual coding to create the Pokemon/item in the game using what already exists.

Nintendo wouldn't really stand to make any profit as Gamefreak wouldn't make content to be charged, so Nintendo would essentially lose money for using data coverage to even host the DLC and keep it up and running for downloads while we don't have to pay a dime. As opposed to events where the store that runs the event has to pay to host it.

I didn't think the Mystery Dungeon DLC had any impact on future DLC since it was a spin off and rarely do spin offs impact the main games (that we know), I guess this case did.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I didn't think the Mystery Dungeon DLC had any impact on future DLC since it was a spin off and rarely do spin offs impact the main games (that we know), I guess this case did.

It was an experiment they wanted to attempt. If it all went well, TPC could have had Gamefreak try something to give it a try themselves. I personally don't see any issue with what they did with PMD DLC, though the lack of sales and user complaints apparently were large enough to warrant it as a bad thing by the company.

The biggest issue is that DLC is strictly to the system and not the game, so if you changed systems for what ever reason, you lost your DLC and have to redownload and pay for it on the new system. (This is assuming the old system was lost/destroyed and not traded in). Nintedo is trying to fix the rebuy issue, lets hope that they do.

As for spin off effecting, this isn't the first time. The Anime is technically a spin off and it earned itself a game counterpart. Gen 4 and 3 had trade ability with a spin off titles (PR series and Colosseum series), Gen 1 and 2 also could be impacted by Spin off titles (Stadiums). Gen 5 is the only gen not effected by a spin off honestly, both directly and indirectly (PMD's DLC issue is more an indirect effect as its just the company dislikes the idea thanks to bad representation and execution with a prior title.)

There are many things that these easter eggs we (the fans) found in X and Y. As farfetched as the idea is, we could see our first true multi-regional generation in the regards of getting new regions in the same generation, with different stories. Like, we can still get a new region, with no new Pokemon, just play off how Kalos is with a different mix of unavailable Pokemon, different FS configuration, and all kinda edited goodies to make it pass as a different region.

Farfetched and unlikely as we may just be able to PokeBank Transfer to the next region by depositing the item attached to a Pokemon and recovering them in the next Gen and unlocking the event that Item may hold. They even may give us info connecting the questionable areas with the new regions.

Years
    They sort of need a new Pokémon as the backpacker hinted at a protector of his region which doesn't resemble any of the Pokémon we currently know, unless of course the image of the item isn't a good match with the legend it's suppose to represent. I assume it's a legend as it's beleived to be a protector...but for all we know it could be like Arcanine.

Years
    They sort of need a new Pokémon as the backpacker hinted at a protector of his region which doesn't resemble any of the Pokémon we currently know, unless of course the image of the item isn't a good match with the legend it's suppose to represent. I assume it's a legend as it's beleived to be a protector...but for all we know it could be like Arcanine.

I think it might unlock something in the next game ( this is the most reasonable idea I have yet I'd rather it not be the case ) something small even, maybe like a rare tm, or it may need to be held by a pkmn to breed a baby or something smaller than full story relation... but I'd rather it be used for something in x and y, Im finding it really difficult to see that as a possibility. Who knows. At first I didn't even think it was anything but a small nod to a new gen for San easter egg but the more I started finding this little pockets of information throughout the game t hat seem hidden, like I had no idea that the fairy gym leader was from johto... she doesn't mention it at all. Yet there is a guy in a hotel that confirms it, this is one that comes to mind but there is many more little things that personally make this game more mysterious than any other pkmn game / main story pkmn game ( the creepy ghost girl with not even one NPC to give info on her, heck even marvelous bridge ghost had one NPC in bw that would shell out a lil info. ) but theore I recognize things like this the more I see it as a possibility for the strange souvenir to unlock something.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

It could be Diancie, Hoopa or Volcannion too though. We aren't 100% sure they are Event Legends. They could be the legends for another game at this point (going off my earlier idea about another region for this gen). The chances are extremely low, like 1% low, but ya never know.

If its for a different Generation, it can/should be transferred through the Pokebank assuming Pokemon can hold items in the bank.

Back