• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Crystal [pg-16]

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Leon watched as Jen left the room with her Spoink happily bouncing behind her. It almost made Leon laugh. Leon then turned and watched the king leave, but he walked with a slight limp. Leon looked on the king concerned, but the king just kept walk, not even noticing him. Now everyone had left the room, so Leon turned to Talulah. "You wanted to talk to me?"

Leon went through the plan once more in his head. It should all work, but some of the stuff might need to be changed. Leon eyed Talulah's Prinplup, remembering his Kabutops outside. Leon quickly thought of all the way that he could, and probably would, cause trouble. Leon thought terrified him. He would half to go the hospital wing latter to check and make sure that Kabutops hadn't killed anyone.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    Talulah sat, taking in all the information the King was giving to them. When she'd been taken back from the front lines, she'd been severely disappointed that she wouldn't be seeing any action. But now things were starting to perk up in her favor.

She watched the King stand and walk from the room, leaning down to give a small bow as he exited. It wasn't til she and Leon were completely alone that he spoke.

"You wanted to talk to me?"

His voice was always so kind for a man in the armies. Talulah smiled, looking down at Lise while she spoke, who stood chirping curiously by her leg.

"Well, today I was walking, and I found one of..."

She reached into her pocket, pulling out the now-purple crystal and holding it up between them.

"One of the crystals you just gave us a moment ago. This pokemon came out of nowhere, but when he tried to run, the crystal began to shine and changed colors. Now it won't stop following me."

Talulah lowered the crystal and looked down at her hands for a moment, a bit embarrassed to say the next part. Warriors weren't supposed to be so emotional!

"And... and I feel different around it than anything else I've ever interacted with. It makes me feel really happy to be around him, and I feel like we're connected or something. I even named him Lise."

She couldn't look up at Leon now-- she was too embarrassed. Her next few words came out in a rush.

"I didn't know what had happened, so I decided the best course of action would be to come see you and ask what you knew about incidences like this."

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Leon look at her, she was obviously nervous. Leon couldn't believe he was doing this. Before the war, when the king gathered the tribes, he had just lead nameless warriors, and didn't care about their well being. He had only cared about their objective. Now, though, he had to care. He had to make sure that his squad was doing the best that they could, any way he could. It made Leon uneasy. If even one of his squad fell, or even one of their pokemon, it could quickly spell their downfall.

She explained what had happened, and was now done. She didn't have a problem, but Leon had to tread lightly. He sighed, and put his hand on her shoulder. "It's fine. Your pokemon is soul bound to you. This is all normal. The crystal partially fusses your souls, and so your pokemon affects you now. Only 20 years ago we discovered these crystals. There were many complications. Sweet kid who teamed Zubats turned evil; a strong drinking man who tamed a Skitty would go soft very fast. We tell people to only soul bound with pokemon that act like them, so it doesn't affect them much. If you don't think that Lise is right for you, we can try something."

All of this made Leon more uneasy then before. Nothing was wrong, but she thought there was. Kabutops had severed him well, and the soul binding had gone very well. He made Leon more vicious than ever, tunneling his views on the world. Kabutops defended him, and fought alongside him, but this Prinplup didn't look like a fighting type. Lise might slow them down in combat, and if the pokemon fell in battle, this woman would feel greatly destroyed. Part of her soul would be shattered, and it may leave her a shell.

LordSephy

Leader of The Squirtle Squad
    Years
    Shen sat on a very short brick wall in front of a store watching the people of Grenold pass by. "Why am I doing this?......I'm no soldier, i'm a knight, I should be going to Wither on my own and annihilating as many threats as possible.....Come to think of it, why are Arleon and Wither at war? I may be fighting for the wrong side, I may have killed innocent people...That's against the code of honor." Turning around, Shen noticed the store he was sitting in front of was a general store, that gave him an idea, so he walked in, bought some stationary and a pen and sat down at a table to begin writing his letter.

Shen walked out of the post office, hopefully that letter would give him some insight into what they were all fighting for. Shen noticed Marc walking through Grenold. "Hmm, he was at the meeting, wonder what his story is?" That reminded Shen of something that made him start walking back to the castle, he wanted to speak with this Adric Griffin person, he must be a man of impressive mettle to be worthy of leading him, the White Knight on an important mission, Shen wondered how good Adric was at fighting.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    "If you don't think that Lise is right for you, we can try something."

Talulah's head snapped up. Something like get rid of Lise? No way!

"N-no!" she sputtered, immediately embarassed by her own outburst. Beside her, Lise peeped in agitation, looking up with large, concerned eyes.

It was true, what Leon had said though, that bonding with a pokemon could change a person. Since she'd bonded with Lise, Talulah had felt happier, and more playful-- less like the full-time warrior she'd dedicated herself to being since she'd left behind the daycare.

But Talulah knew without a doubt that she would still kill any Arleon on sight. Her new view on life had nothing to do with her hatred and disdain for the people who consistently attempted to hurt and corrupt her beloved kingdom.

She spoke now with a strong voice, more confident of these words that of anything else in her life.

"I can still fight effectively, without a doubt. My father risked his life, battle after battle, for this kingdom, and something like this could never deter me from my goal of destroying the Arleon scum that ravage our lands."

As if in agreement of Talulah's statement, Lise straightened up beside her, bringing one flipper up to rest on Talulah's armored leg.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    "Alright then, if you feel so strongly about staying with Lise, then I guess it's a good match. You're going to need to learn how to fight with Lise by you side. We have a training ground behind the castle, and wild pokemon regularly wander into the large field. Poochyena are a good and readily available target. If were done here, I'm going to go get ready."

Leon walked out of the room without looking back. Once through the door, he let out a deep breath. This "bonding" stuff was weird, but his troops looked up to him. Leon made his way to the armory. He grabbed a small crossbow, and attached it to his left arm instead of a shield. He choose a slightly curved long blade that was serrated on the "back" side. Leon strapped a quiver of bolts to his left thigh and a hatchet to his right. Leon mentally took account of his weapons, seeing if he was missing anything.

Leon walked into his room, and opened the chest. He pulled out his helmet. It was a dark grey like the rest of his armor. The helmet slid upward to open, but it didn't move circularly when doing so. Leon donned his helmet, and left.

The castle grounds where warmer than the inside. Leon quickly spotted his Kabutops, and walked up to him. Kabutops turned at him with a bored look on his face. Leon tried to hold back a laugh, but failed for the most part. They walked out to the ridge, the meeting place come dusk. Leon looked out over the cliff, spotting the Witherian troops mobilizing towards Arleon. Tonight was going to be the beginning of the end.

--------------------------------------------------------

A pidgey flew up to Leon. Weird, pidgeies are Arleon pokemon. It had a note attached to its foot. Leon took it, and read it shocked at its contents. He looked back at the pidgey, and found a pen on its leg, and wrote his reply on the back of the paper. He reattached the note, and sent the pidgey back to Arleon. Leon watched it fly away, getting smaller on its journey to the horizon.

Last edited:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Jen jerked awake at mid-afternoon from dreams of taunting faces and sword edges. Spoink, startled by the sudden movement, also awoke; he had been bouncing lightly in his sleep, and now faltered a little, gasping.

"Sorry!" Jen whispered, remembering that Spoink's bouncing pattern affected his heart. Spoink nodded in reply and worked back to a steady pace. Jen scrambled forwards, and at the same time, her money pouch slid from her belt. The crystal fell to the floor with a clatter, making her jump. Cautiously, she reached for it, hissing at the cold, and held it between herself and her Pokémon.

"What do you think?" she asked the little pig. He considered for a second before shaking his head. Jen nodded. "I won't do it until you want me to, so you don't need to worry."

At that moment, another memory flashed into her mind; it was a memory of Edgear. She found herself suddenly consumed by the thought, as all else faded to black...

It is two years ago. Jen has just turned fifteen and has been training for a year. She is stood in the courtyard of her training academy, waiting for her tutor to arrive. She had been training herself since sunrise, but her tutor had told her that he had a new weapon for her to try today, one that would compliment her battle style, and so she was excited.

Edgear arrives shortly, two thick knives in hand.

"These are kukri, Jennifer. They're good for speedy, close combat, so we'll practice with these today," he tells her and hands her the knives. She weighs them in her hands, as she had with knives before, but Edgear just laughs. "You need to be lighter with your touch! Think like a Scyther - their blades are part of their very being, and they wield them without effort. Like them, you must fuse the kukri to your arms: make them an extension of your limbs."

Edgear's training techniques are unorthadox; he binds the handles into her fists so that she cannot unhand them, and she is forced to use them like her hands. By the end of the day, she has sliced training dummies, she has eaten dinner, she has done chores, using the blades as her hands.

The next day, Edgear turns up with the kukri again, and a Pokémon in tow - a Scyther. He shows Jen the Scyther's limbs, and binds the kukri to her arms again. She and the Scyther spar, and she learns combat techniques from the Pokémon. She asks how it is so tame, and that is when Edgear shows her the crystal. It is flushed green in colour, and with it, he says, the Scyther has become his friend and partner. She does not understand yet, but she will.

She spends the rest of the day tied to the kukri, sparring with the Pokémon until she collapses from exhaustion.

Jen laid on the floor of her chamber, breathing heavily. Her eyes were clouded over as she saw something beyond what was in front of her. She did not move. Spoink bounced over, concern in his eyes. He shook her shoulder, and tried to speak to her. The crystal had slipped from her grip and laid on the floor between them. Slowly, Spoink reached for it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc was still strolling around Grenold. He thought he'd look at some of the shops in the marketplace to see if he could bully an innocent shopkeeper into giving him something worthwhile. He was just about to enter the store when he saw someone he thought he recognised from the meeting, someone called the White Seal or something like that (Marc wished he'd paid more attention at the meeting). He decided to find out what his weaknesses are. Asking about his background would be a good place to start.

LordSephy

Years
    Shen had a pidgey on his shoulder, he took a letter from it's leg and read, the last words sticking out in his mind. "Fight for Wither's freedom, or defend Arleon. My town was raided by Arleon, so I have a dept to repay. You served the king, and are probably angry at his assassination. I look forward to seeing you in battle, on our side or otherwise." He grabbed the pen from the pidgey and quickly wrote on another piece of paper (he had gotten plenty while in the store) pefore rolling it into a scroll, tying it along with the pen to the pidgey's leg, and sending it off again. He looked forward and saw Marc padding along towards him. "Oh, the one who paid so little attention, hello.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc noticed the Pidgey and the letter and was highly suspicious. Marc ignored it though and greeted the White Person (Marc still didn't remember what his name was) while Houndoom was thinking about the best way to eat a Pidgey. Marc then asked,"How did you earn enough recognition to join this squad?"

LordSephy

Years
    Shen looked at Marc, staring into his eyes for some sign of his thoughts, but the question was reasonable, there was no reason to be suspicious yet. "I've been in this kingdom all my life, I know the royal family and I'm renowned for my fighting skills." He said without asking Marc anything about him.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc answered,"I wish I was renowned for my fighting skills. The only reason I earned enough recognition was because of my Houndoom. Without it I'd probably still be working on a farm. Ohh... and you must be quite a good warrior to have known the Queen before now. I wonder how you know her?"

LordSephy

Years
    "We met when I was a child, I'm no prince but, the Queen is the closest thing I ever had to a mother." Shen said, thinking back to more peaceful times when fighting was a hobby, something fun to do, not the mindless bloodshed it seemed he would have to participate in now.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    The same Pidgey once again returned. Leon had started to feel Kabutops' affect on him. He took the Pidgey, trying not to hurt it in the process. Kabutops eye Leon suspiciously, but he ignored the pokemon's stare. He wrote his response on the letter, but didn't return it to the Pidgey.

Leon strolled into the training grounds, staying to the far side. He continued his walk into the woods, until he found a Starly. Leon shook the tree, and the Starly started to fly off. "Kabutops, Aqua Jet, but don't harm it too much. Make it fall." Kabutops sprung into the air, jumping off the sides of trees, and finally hitting the Starly. The bird fell to the ground, and Leon walked up to it. He took the Starly, and attached his response. Leon took the extra rope from the Pidgey, and tied the birds together. "Follow him, then return." The starly looked up undaunted, but still partially afraid. Together the two took off.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc quickly realised that the death of the King must have hurt him. A weakness Marc realised.

Marc answered,"Commiserations about the death of the King. He must have been like a Father to you. My parents both died, I won't go into details how. I almost forgot, I wasn't paying attention at the meeting, so I didn't quite catch your name. Was it the White Fool? Or Prince? Or Nutter?"

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Through the window, in the distance, a Pidgey and Starly flew off together, two dots on the horizon. Spoink watched, momentarily distracted from his hindered friend. The crystal shone with reflected sunlight, and on the descent of his bounces, Spoink's stubby arm hovered slightly above it.

Later, Jen had told him, and yet he knew that if her were to take ahold of that crystal right now, he could help her so much. He trusted her, yes, and he knew that a soul bond was not to be taken lightly, but could he defy her?

His arm hovered still, uncertain. And then he lunged down and grabbed it.

[[OOC: ohhh, slightlyunimportantfillerpost..... @.@]]

LordSephy

Years
    "Well the King didn't ever really care that much, but he provided me the resources to survive, and that's a debt I never really got to repay, one day I hope to do it." When Marc tried to remember his name Shen became slightly agitated at the obviously insulting guesses. "I am The White Knight, i wouldn't expect it to be a tough guess, since I'm wearing full body armor and I use a sword and a shield, but everyone has lapses in judgement, I use to-" Shen heard a coo and saw the pidgey returning, but there was a starly tied to it and following behind. "I wouldn't expect him to do something as underhanded as use that starly to find out where I am, but just in case." After replying to the latest letter Shen lifted up Alnar (The name of his sword) and cut the rope between the two pokemon. "Scizor, use mean look." Scizor stared into the starly's eyes intently and intimidatingly and it flew off in a slight scrambled, frenzied pattern, Shen gave the letter to the pidgey which flew off in the same direction as the starly, but much more steady.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc responded,"Ruthless tactics there, my new comrade. You know in all my time I've never fought with other people before. I'm used to looking out for myself and keeping alive. I've done terrible things in the past, and I can always repeat those feats during this mission. I do what is necessary. Just a warning for later, O White Knighty one."

LordSephy

Years
    "Fighting other people is no fun, trust me, every time you kill somebody you kill a small part of yourself, even if you don't know it." Shen replied to Marc, ignoring his sarcastic ending, such trivial things were beneath him, but oh well, he wasn't very old himself but going through the things Shen did matured somebody pretty fast.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc replied,"What do you mean? Killing's a part of my lifestyle. If you particularly want a list of the things I've done then just ask. I presume though that you simply aren't brave enough to kill. Believe me on this mission you'll need a killer instinct. The opposition will be as ruthless as I am. Emotions just get in the way, as do other people. Something I've learned, O White Knighty One."

Back