• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Crystal [pg-16]

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    (OOC: My laptop dosn't have a Times New Roman option for this website.....)

Kabutops shifted through the trees and brush, and finally came to the cave. To his surprise Blade and Talulah on the floor, and jumped over them to the entrance. He carefully placed Lise near Talulah, and the Ralts near Blade. Kabutops looked down at his allies. Blade looked like he had only fallen, but his leg was broken. Kabutops then tried something he had only heard about from his elders.

Kabutops stood over them, and focused. He then pushed with all his might, but not physically. Kabutops started to divert some of his life force to Blade and Talulah. The green orbs illuminated the cave, and then faded. Blade's leg was healed, and Talulah should be fine. Kabutops now walked into the cave, and up to Leon. He did the same thing, but for longer, and watched with satisfaction and Leon opened his eyes.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Jen reeled back in awe at the green balls. Kabutops retreated without any indication of what had happened. She looked at Spoink expectantly.

[... what? Do you expect me to explain to you? Do you really think I am ready to speak freely with you?] Spoink growled, and grunted audibly. Jen huffed. She turned and entered the cave herself.

She didn't even notice Leon.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • [[OOC: Way to go Kabutops~! No more dead Leon FIN-A-LEE!]]

Talulah woke with a start to see Kabutops moving away from her, into the cave. The second thing she saw was Lise, lying next to her. He seemed to be sleeping, and a snort confirmed this. Talulah rolled over in one motion and grabbed the bird, pulling him to her in a hug. He peeped softly in his sleep at the motion.

Next to her, Blade moved, and Talulah looked up to thank him for catching her.

"Thank you so much!" she said gratefully, still hugging Lise to her chest.

But what of Kabutops? Had he come back to murder them all? Then why would he have brought Lise and Lametto back with him, unconscious, but still alive?

Talulah stood, picking Lise up with her, and walked into the cave where Kabutops had just disappeared. Her eyes widened when she entered, and saw Kabutops standing over a conscious Leon. Stepping forward shakily, she gasped before speaking.

"Leon, you're alright?!"

Kon~

Years
  • Jen's head jerked up once more as she heard Talulah's words.

"Leon?!" She jumped to her feet and ran to the leiutenant's side. "How are you feeling?! Are you alright?! Where does it hurt?!"

Spoink, scowling at the fact that Leon was very much alive, and that Kabutops had returned so carefreely, exited the cave and noticed Blade on the ground still.

[I guess you need help too,] he said, begrudgingly, and began to summon branches and twine to splint the broken leg, his pearl glowing brightly as he did so.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Blade awoke to Spoink splinting his newly healed leg.
    "What? No!" Blade said, pushing Spoink away.
    "I still don't trust you..." Blade said to Spoink.
    Blade picked up Lametto, who had been returned by Kabutops, and went inside the cave to find Leon awake, and fully healed.
    "Welcome back Sir" Blade said.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

Leon looked up at Kabutops. His mind raced, and tried to figure out what happened, but his brain ached. Leon sat up, and leaned against the cave wall. Everyone was now looking into the cave. Leon mumbled something, and Kabutops nodded in reply. Now everyone was rushing in to see Leon, but he just stared at Kabutops.

Kabutops turned, and stumbled out of the cave. He had given all of his strength to heal the squad. He looked out at the horizon, it glowed orange. The rain had stopped, and the clouds dispersed. He still needed to train Leon to control himself, but he had work to do. Kabutops stood, trying to regain his strength, but it would be three days before he was back to where he was. Three days still weak. His elders had told him little about this since he was still young, but you'd think that they would bring this up first.

Leon looked at everyone. He pushed against the cave wall, and stood up. With a grunt, he fell halfway back down, but then rose once more. Leon knew he should say something, but didn't know what. "We still have a mission to do. We will continue tomorrow night." Leon stumbled out of the cave, following Kabutops. Kabutops turned to see who was coming, and then turned back to the sun, which was now peaking the horizon.

the blazing cellist

SSSSSSSSssssss . . .
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2011
    After receiving his orders from the queen Leck stumbled off into the forest, rhydon close behind. although he didn't have his complete orders yet, he was told to meet in a hidden place deep into the forest, where a spy would complete his orders. When Leck got there he met the spy, and although the spy was cloaked, he could see he was carrying a crystal and a dagger, meaning his soul partner must be nearby. After he handed Leck his orders, he melded back into the forest, silently moving away. Leck sat on a tree stump and read his orders while rhydon chased around the local butterfree population. When he completed reading his orders, he was furious, for the queen had told him to visit witherain settlements, kill any soulbound warriors, and then burn any structures. This was his breaking point.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    long ago, when leck was only a child, he was raised by his father, who owned a small farm, it was their only livelhood, and the witherains had burnt it to the ground in a previous war. Leck knew how it felt to lose everything, and wasn't about to go do the same thing to anyone else, otherwise he was no better than the soldiers that killed his family.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Leck stormed back to the castle furious with his orders, his rhydon just as infuriated, scared anyone who dared step in the way. when he reached the castle, his rhydon grabbed one of the massive doors, and ripped it from its hinges, throwing it in and killing a nearby knight. immdiatly the other soldiers drew their swords, but Rhydon let loose a roar so intense, stones from the ceiling began crumbling down. Leck walked right up to the queen, and yelled, with no respect in her face, about the atrocity she asked of him to perform, it was at that point, a knight charge from behind with his sword drawn, and his Beedrill close behind, Leck spun around, ripping his sword from his sheath and impaling the knight threw the chest while rhydon grabbed the Beedrill by the head and slamming it against a pillar, causing the whole thing to come crashing down on it. Leck kicked the dying knight down the stairs, but before he could turn around, the queen stabbed him through the back with a small dagger. feeling his pain, rhydon roared even louder, bringing down more stones. rhydon grabbed leck before he fell down the stairs as the other knight did, and raced out the door. knights and castle attendants scrambled to avoid being crushed, but some were hit by the falling debris. Rhydon charged his way through the remaining door, and ran out of the city, trampling anyone too oblivious to notice the massive beast charging through the streets. Rhydon kept running, running until they reached the place where it all began....the crystal cave.

Kon~

Years
  • Spoink huffed at being rejected yet again, especially when he thought he knew best. He abandoned the split to force a bolt of anger towards Blade, but it fell short, fading into nothingness. His powers were still not fully replenished, and summoning all the wasted equipment had lessened them. Not trust him! Spoink felt insulted, especially since he had attempted to actually help someone rather than hurt them. With a low, threatening grunt in Blade's general direction - and regardless of the fact that Blade had left by that time. Spoink hoped that the sentiment would remain.

---

Jen watched their leader struggle and wished she could do more to help, rather than flipping out and estranging herself further from the team. Tomorrow night... that might give her just enough time to ignore this chaotic build-up and repair her relations with Talulah and Blade. No matter what she did, she always ended up ruining it with her stupid outbursts. She sincerely hoped that she could defeat it.

"Understood, sir," she muttered, turning away to face a returned Spoink, who glared around the cave, especially at Leon for some unknown reason, and then hopped to Jen's side.

[Listen to me. We must make them trust us. Pick me up, hug me and smile. Then they will think we have resolved our conflicts.] He ordered inside her head.

Haven't we already? Jen thought with a grimace, but followed them anyway, hugging the small pig to her chest with a satisfied grin. She sank back to the floor, hoping to catch a little more sleep before the following day.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
  • Leon stood and stumbled from the cave, following his Kabutops, not even acknowledging the two girls. Talulah shrugged-- she was just glad he was okay. Kabutops must have really done some damage on himself healing everyone, and fighting Lametto and Lise.

"Lise," she mumbled down into her chest, hoping the bird would wake and answer her that he was just fine, "are you okay buddy?"

Lise shifted in her arms, grunting a bit, but not waking. He seemed fine though, yet something inside Talulah wouldn't let her put him down. His head rested on her shoulder, and she let it remain there as she lowered herself to the ground. She leaned her back against the wall-- her guard shift was most definitely up, seeing as the sun was rising. If anyone really wanted her awake, they'd wake her.

Across the cave, Jen and Spoink were hugging. She glared at them. Spoink was so obviously just using Jen for his own purposes again. There was no way she'd ever allow Lise to attempt to help that creature again-- not at such danger to himself. Lise was too kind.

Talulah glanced out the cave, where Leon stood, and where Kabutops knelt for the moment, overpowered by his current weak state.

Maybe Lise's kindness had saved him tonight.

Talulah yawned, and closed her eyes slowly. The sunlight would wake her, or Leon would wake her, or Arleon troops would wake her, but for now she was happy to catch what little sleep she could, with Lise breathing lightly against her chest and snorting in her ear every now and then.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Leon gazed at the sun. It rose, and would shine into the cave if the trees didn't block it. Kabutops took a deep breath, and started to trot off. Leon needed to keep up to date on the whole battlefield. Kabutops would do his recon work for him. He felt bad for his pokemon, he had put him through a lot. Leon took a step back mentally. Kabutops had followed his orders down to the letter, well his and Jen's. Leon now questioned Jen's motives, and opinion. He saved that for latter. Kabutops had listened to her, and hurt him. Leon knew he was out of line, but Kabutops still put him in a coma again. It was also Kabutops who had brought him out though. Kabutops seemed to be the only person who had done anything to help. Leon sighed, and felt something on his shoulder. He turned to his right, and found a bandage over his previously broken shoulder. He had been wrong, the others did try and help him.

Kabutops jogged out of the trees. Leon still had him doing his dirty work. Kabutops ran the far way around the southern edge of the town. They shouldn't see him in the day time, but if someone did, it wouldn't hurt much. The town looked fine, not attacked. The general obviously hadn't made it to the town for some reason. He need to check on the other town as well, see had that battle went over.

Kabutops turned into the forest to the south of town, right back where he had been in the last few hours. The camp was a rugged mess. Kabutops slowed down, and walked into camp. He was in no condition to be running around after transferring a ton of his life to the others. Kabutops shifted back to the camp, and found it deserted. The captain's tent was deserted. They had failed, and gave their lives for the safety of few. Kabutops was now determined to make their sacrifice mean something.

Again Kabutops started off, now North West, to the first battle field. Hopefully this one went over better. Kabutops looked at the smoke on the horizon. It obviously went over much better than the last. The first wave would have fought against the Arleon's main foot soldiers. Then they would rest and regroup as the second wave hit the town. The reinforcements would finally be relieved by a third wave, while the first two met up, and rested. Then the first would go out again, and then switch with the third latter. This would continue until the two forces dwindled, then combined for a final push. Kabutops trotted into a clearing East of the now burnt town. He knelt by the pound, and drank. The army was back to the first wave, and the third was still in reserve.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc and Houndoom walked out of town. They were waiting for the others to meet them. The two of them waited for a while but still nobody came. Marc was getting irritated at the failure of his comrades to meet him at the agreed place. If he was on his own this never would have happened. Marc thought some more then wondered why he'd actually joined the Arleons in the first place. Well the pay was good but it might be equal or even better with the Witherians. It wasn't patriotism that made him join up and his comrades certainly aren't reliable enough.

Marc looked back towards the town. The buildings were burned, the people were in trouble. A few hours ago Marc would have been angered by this but now he didn't care. Let them burn. They were weak anyway. Marc walked out of town and looked around. He heard something and looked around to see a Kabutops kneeling by a pond, drinking. Marc approached cautiously.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    (OOC: Kabutops? Playing inocent? This is .... well weird, and very disterbing to say the least.)

Kabutops stood and turned at the faint footsteps in the distance. A boy stood a few feet from him. Kabutops was surprised how close he had gotten without him noticing. He decided to look the boy over and ponder whether or not to kill him, or just cut him stomach open. His light head contrasted his dark clothes. He had something about him that felt out of place, but maybe it was just his Houndoom. Kabutops now was lost in thought, playing out scenarios in his mind. They outnumbered him, but he still could have most likely taken them if he hadn't drained himself dry. So a battle was out. Kabutops would never run from a challenge, but there may be something else.

Kabutops took a few steps forward, but suddenly stopped remembering the Houndoom. He looked over at the dog. [What happened back at the town? Smoke is rising everywhere.]

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Houndoom growled at the approaching Kabutops warning it to stay put. Marc smirked, Kabutops were traditionally tricky opponents to kill, especially for Fire types. This would be a good challenge. The Kabutops appeared to stop for a moment and seemed to be thinking. Marc took it as an opportunity to attack.

"Houndoom, Flamethrower."

Houndoom unleashed a huge beam of fire which flew towards the Kabutops...

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

Kabutops watched as the Houndoom opened his mouth, this moment would decide their interactions here. He hopped for a reply, but saw a small fire come out. Kabutops leapt back as the fire grew larger and raced towards him. He covered himself in the pond water where he now stood, and dashed forward through the flames. He quickly placed his short steps, and dogged around the Houndoom, and flew at the boy, he had commanded the attack, and started their fight.

Kabutops quickly shifted through his attacks. He could drain the boy of life until he was weak enough to surrender. That would also bring him back up in strength. He could also just slight the boy's neck and be done with it. No, there was something about this boy that he wanted to figure out. Kabutops slipped his blade in front of the boy, and held him hostage. [Heel you demonic fool!]

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc lay at the foot of that powerful Kabutops. He was impressed it had managed to survive his surprise attack. He looked at Houndoom and nodded. Houndoom sneaked up behind Kabutops and bit Kabutops' leg and before it could slit Marc's throat threw him against a tree. It then leapt on top of the Kabutops and pinned it down.

Marc began circling the Kabutops and began speaking to him,"I'm impressed you managed to escape my Houndoom's Flamethrower. Not many wild Pokemon would have quickly thought of the clever tactic of jumping into a pool of water. Now, where do you come from. Who owns you? I'm officially an Arleon but I have my doubts where my loyalties lie anymore. Which side are you on? Sorry about pinning you to the ground but it's my method of diplomacy."

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

Kabutops held his blade to the boy's neck. Maybe this would stop this battle. He looked up from his prey he held down with his foot, and searched for the Houndoom. It had disappeared, and now something was biting his ankle. Kabutops tried to jump away from the beast, but was thrown into a tree. The Houndoom seemed to rather hurt him then protect his master. Kabutops turned from the tree to retaliate, but was now pinned by the dog. In his weaker state the Houndoom was faster than him.

They boy walked up now, as if looking at a captured bird. "I'm impressed you managed to escape my Houndoom's Flamethrower. Not many wild Pokemon would have quickly thought of the clever tactic of jumping into a pool of water. Now, where do you come from. Who owns you? I'm officially an Arleon but I have my doubts where my loyalties lie anymore. Which side are you on? Sorry about pinning you to the ground but it's my method of diplomacy."

And just like that, it hit Kabutops like a avalanche. What was off was that he was uncertain. He seemed to be drifting off when Kabutops first saw him, not something you do when you meat a wild pokemon. He must trust his Houndoom's power toi protect them both. There was no way that Kabutops could communicate with the boy, but he asked as if searching for an answer. Kabutops push the Houdoom off of him and stood. If the boy wanted answers, he would give them too him. Kabutops walked south to the end of the trees, and motioned for the boy and his Houndoom to follow.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc saw the Kabutops rise and instantly took a guarded stance. He looked at Houndoom's eyes and saw a trust in the Kabutops. Marc relaxed. He watched the Kabutops motion to him to follow it. Marc instantly feared it was a trap so definitely kept a guarded stance. Houndoom looked at him and Marc nodded. They were stronger than anything that Kabutops could throw at them.

More than that, he got the feeling this Kabutops is an honourable fighter. Dangerous but honourable. Marc and Houndoom followed the Kabutops out of the clearing.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

Kabutops walked from being tired after the fight, and to help the boy keep up. The Witherian camp was not far from the now smoldering town. The general there wold have a psychic pokemon, and he should recognize him even without Leon watching over him. He walked on satisfied that his previous combatant was following. The trees disappeared on the Witherian border, and the camp came into view. This would be fun.

The camp looked on the with largely varying emotions. Some looked surprised, other angry, a few looked hopefully at Kabutops, others obviously knew who this boy was. The captain's tent was open and Kabutops walked in. The Alakazam looked at them, and the general nodded. [Would you let me talk to this boy?] The Alakazam nodded, and now turned to the boy.

{Welcome to our camp. Leon's Kabutops wishes to speech with you.}

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc followed the Kabutops through the wood for a while. The Kabutops appeared to be tired from whatever it had done during the day. Marc and Houndoom could keep up easily. Eventually the trees disappeared and Marc saw the camp from a distance. It looked quite large, well it would have to be to house that number of troops. Marc realised that a lot of the people there would recognise him from the battle.

Marc walked into the camp behind Kabutops. A few of the people there did recognise him. Some appeared to be angry at him for th battle. Others surprised to see him there. Kabutops walked into a tent, which Marc presumed belonged to the leader of the camp. An Alakazam stepped out and said telepathically,"Welcome to our camp. Leon's Kabutops wishes to speak with you."

Marc had never telepathically communicated before but had learned in his travels how to do it. He thought,"Thank you for the welcome. I appreciate it. I also wish to speak to Kabutops."

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

The Alakazam read what the boy had to say, and like a translator, turned to Kabutops. {His name is Marc, and he is Arleon. I sense that he is troubled by something, but couldn't get far enough into his mind to find anything else. He is strong, so be careful. } Alakazam step back, and started to breathe deeply.

[Thank you for trying old friend. I'll do what I can from here.] Kabutops looked at Alakazam for a bit longer, and finally turned to Marc. "Hello. Can you hear me alright?" Kabutops felt like a waterfall, his thoughts flowing into Alakazm, who passed then to Marc like a river. This must be taking all of Alakazam's energy to keep the flow steady.

Back