• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Cult [PG-16]

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
  • This was a rather ambitious rp from a while back I made with Zeta, I thought I'd might give it another shot~

The Cult [PG-16]

"I have managed to seal away that horrible beast with the help of Regice, Registeel, and Regirock. I will assign 8 spirits to guard the three because if that horrid monster escapes then we are all doomed. "
    --????​

Congratulations on just turning 15. You are now eligible to get your first Pokémon! Pretty sweet, right? I mean you can go on your very own adventure and make lots of friends along the way. The Hoenn region has entered an age of prosperity, the economy is thriving and Team Magma and Team Aqua have long since disbanded, so everything is quite peaceful...

Or is it?​

Under all the prosperity lies a looming threat. Horrible crimes are being committed by a new crime syndicate who merely call themselves, "The Cult". Many of the crimes they have committed they cannot be charged with because the police have no substantial proof that they committed the crime. Many even debate it's very existence but most just don't want to acknowledge the possibility of a major crime syndicate.

Little do they know that this crime syndicate isn't like Team Magma or Team Aqua who just wanted to expand land or sea. No, what they want is to create chaos and bring the world to ruin. They wish to unlock the unknown monster that the Regi's helped seal away long ago but to do that they need to find the 8 seals who's location has been lost within the sands of time. In an attempt to drag information out of people who MIGHT have the answers they abduct them and then the person they abducted is never heard from again.

Along with "The Cult" there are several other smaller crime syndicates within the region. They are after the seals as well but not to bring the world to ruin but merely to make a profit out of it.

So, do you still believe you can become the champ under these circumstances? I mean there's no telling whether your The Cult's next victim and wit the government unwilling to acknowledge their existence they cannot be caught and their plans are slowly but surely moving forward to unlock the dark monster that was locked away eons ago..

Good luck, you'll need it.

Rules

I enforce these with an iron fist, because I am a rp dictator like that

-I will be playing Game master of the role-play, it's a really simple job, post chapters, blah,blah,blah. I'm a fairly lax game master but I do control certain elements to make sure we don't stray to far from the plot, also I control the levels and when your Pokemon evolve this is to prevent idiots from going, "OMG TREEKO POUND, NOW YOUR EVOLVING!" Yea....no. Other than that, I'm fairly lax, as long as you keep it in line, we won't have a problem.

- NPC's can be brought in at anytime, you can make your own up, just don't make it to ridiculous. Bringing your own NPC in is like bringing in your own new character, only you control it. That being said, any NPC is bring it that is relevant to the plot cannot be controlled by any other player, because some of these characters are fairly dark it's best if you just leave the plot relevant NPC's to the Game Master. Gym leaders and other trainers I don't really care about, so yeah.

- Respect, you will respect all other role-players in this role-play. Nuff' said.

- Bunnying is strictly NOT ALLOWED unless you have the owners permission to bunny his character in which case you must submit PROOF that he/she has allowed you to bunny his/her character. I will double check to make sure you are not lying to me.

-One paragraph rule is to be followed at all times, if you can't come up with at least 1 paragraph then don't bother posting. If you are caught breaking this rule then you will be booted out. No exceptions.

-Grammar. I don't mind a typo here and there or a misplaced period I'll let it slide, but if it's just filled with careless typo's and grammar errors I will confront you about it. :x

-Granted this is a PG-16 RP not for swearing or naughty content but for some of the dark content it will contain. If you are not a fan of the horror psychological thriller genre I advise you not join this role-play. Also, because this is a PG-16 role-play I ask that all role-players maintain a level of maturity.

- Swearing and romance. Keep it to a minimum, saying ''Damn it,'' occasionally isn't going to hurt anyone but dropping an f-bomb every other sentence will get you kicked to the curb. Romance, I'll allow it but keep at it PG-13 at max.

-Be active. If you post one post then disappear off the face of the Earth I will not hesitate to continue on without you. I will also open up a spot for another role-player to join. If you have no intention of sticking to the role-play then don't join it. That simple.

Failure to follow these rules will get you kicked out of this role-play.

Sign-up Sheet

Name:

Personality: 2-3 paragraphs

Appearance: 2-3 paragraphs

History: 2+ paragraphs

Starter:

Extra: Any extra personality quirks your character may or may not have

RP example: To get a good idea of how well you can role-play.

Starters​

The Cult [PG-16]

Treeko[Taken by Zeta Dimentio]
    Level - 5
    Gender - Male
    Moveset - Pound, Leer

The Cult [PG-16]

Torchic Reserved for Yuukihime
    Level - 5
    Gender - Male
    Moveset -Scratch, Growl

The Cult [PG-16]

Mudkip
    Level - 5
    Gender - Male
    Moveset - Tackle, Growl

The Cult [PG-16]

Lotad Reserved for PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
    Level - 5
    Gender - Female
    Moveset -Astonish, Growl, Absorb

The Cult [PG-16]

Seedot
    Level -5
    Gender - Male
    Moveset - Bide, Harden

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Zeta's here to save the day? I guess? Hm. Well, here's my character again... remember this guy? Yeah.

Spoiler:

Years
  • DUUUUUNZO! :D

Spoiler:

...cue zoom out and sentimental intro music :D
    Sorry if there are any typos...my keyboard's a little starchy.

Last edited:

Adâm1

The Lion's Share
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    Well, now that I actually have some TIME (:O A MIRACLE) I'll be able to join an RP and stick to it.

Name: Adam Peter Locke

Personality:
    A gentle and quiet person ont he whole, Adam is a very studious young man. He's intelligent, creative and focused, and is very eager to learn as much as he can about whatever he wants. He is particularly into humanities and learning about people, and he's a good linguist and reasonable artist. Although he is very intelligent, he prefers applying his intelligence in everyday life and so doesn't suit the sciences. Generally he loves spending time reading a book, surfing the web or just thinking in the company of himself.

However this isn't all to say he's a nice or good person. He isn't a nasty or cruel person- he's just shy and quiet, and often people just pass him off as either weird or antisocial, of which he is neither- he just doesn't much like talking or making a show of himself. Those who do get to know him realize he's a thoughtful and philosophical person who enjoys little more than a good, civil argument. He isn't inclined to an all out brawl or shouting, and will not be easily pressed to do so. However, he is indomitable. If he wants to do something or doesn't want something to happen, it will not happen. His willpower is legendary and he would easily face off an opponent many times his strength and size for a cause he felt just, or for himself or his friends.

Despite his seemingly supernatural willpower, he often spends a lot of time thinking about what he's done and works himself into small bouts of depression over them, and leaves himself with grudges long after a conflict has passed. He doesn't forgive all too easily but can but aside his grudges- if only for a little while- if and when necessary. But otherwise, he's a polite, unimposing and quiet person who'd happily help out a stranger, even if the end result is just to get him left alone. As for love, he has mixed opinions. He doesn't see it as a thing for his good self, but thinks it is a wonderful thing in general and always smiles when he sees a happy couple amongst his friends. He is deeply religious and considers it the core aspect of his life, trying at all times to live by his religious code.

Appearance:
    For a quiet and unimposing person he is reasonably handsome. He has grey-brown hair which is usually in a neat and brushed style and impeccably pale skin, with very few marks or blemishes on it. He has eyess with brown around the pupil melting into grey around the edge of the iris, and his teeth are a slightly off-white colour. He has a medum width jaw and very pronounced cheeks, but with a smile that always shows a lot of emotion behind it- sadness, happiness, or a mix of the two.

He is reasonably tall, but not so much as he would stick out in a crowd, and is quite lean and agile. He is not muscly but neither is he "shrimpy", (for extreme want of a better term). His arms reach down to below the waist, so that his hands are below his waistline, and said hands are slender and elegant, with his fingers following suit. He has long legs, but not as such to make him gangly, and his feet are wide and long.

He wears clothes that purposefully make him look either nerdy enough to be avoided or normal enough to be overlooked. He always wears a polo shirt, of varying colours, and a pair of trousers with a black leather belt. The trousers are a darm brown colour with pockets either side and a zip and button to do it up. He wears varying colours of cotton socks and a pair of camelskin-coloured walking boots with black laces, mostly covered by the trousers. He also wears a beige trenchcoat with black buttons. He never wears a hat. He carrys most of his stuff in a brown, durable backpack.

History:
    Being born in a region far away from Hoenn Adam moved there when he was very young and his biological parents were killed in the plane crash. he was one of two survivors. He was adopted by a woman by the name of Amelia Locke, and so took the name as his last name and considers her his only family. She lived alone, so he didn't have any arguments from anyone in the house, but in the small village of Twinleaf many other children made him an outcast- because of his accent, because of his appearance, because he didn't enjoy this that or the other thing, and so he lived a life as an outcast, with only Amelia and her Pokemon for company. This made Adam sure that he wanted to be someone who prevented others from feeling the way he did, and devoted his time to studying and thinking.

When he was ten, he listened to a story Amelia told him from when she was a trainer- she travelled all over Hoenn and later the world, seeing and catching many different kinds of Pokemon, helping people and meeting the legendary Pokemon. And that was the best thing that had ever happened to her. When she settled down in Twinleaf- her hometown- she felt like the adventure was missing. So she adopted him and her life felt complete again. That was the story that made Adam's mind- he'd become a trainer, see the world, and change it to make it perfect. Now, as he grew he learnt that only happened in storybooks, but he still felt determined to make a change for the better. He had made a few friends and had become on the whole ignored by people, which was just what he wanted. If there was hope for him, he reasoned, then there was hope for everyone else too.

Starter:
    Mudkip, named Mahatma

RP example:
    "On the road again, Micah?" The red-bearded thug leered at Micah. Micah looked up at the sky and dropped his hand down to the revolver at his hand. Rex barked, his brain in the glass dome clearly pulsating slightly red. Micah grinned and put his hand back on the table. "Why yes, Buck, I am. In fact, I'm bringing Rexy here with me." He patted Rex on the muzzle and the cyber-dog glanced at him and then back to Buck, who gave a positively hideous grin- reinforced by the stench of his breath. "You can share a grave if you like." He took out his own revolver but hardly had it out of the hoslter before Rex leaped at him, knocking him off of his feet and chewing through his throat. In his last breath, Buck rasped "What... What happened?"
    "Oh, sorry about that. Rex is trained to attack anyone removing a weapon from it's holster."
    "F...F***..." The thug's eyes rolled back into his skull and he slumped, dead. Rex slinked back to his master side, and Micah, Laughing, fed him a slice of meat. The pair stood up and left the saloon, and Buck's decicatted corpse."

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
  • Name:
    Joshua Mist

Personality:
    Quite radical in the belief that violence is idiotic he thinks that people fighting each other is pointless "if people would just learn to get along there would be no problems" is what he says, this hatred towards violence most likely came from the death of his Father, who was found murdered behind an old dumpster, that experience changed Joshua, though if it was for the better he's not sure.

However Im not saying that he is a calm person himself quite hypocrytically he is very defensive and has a short temper (heres a hint dont ask him about family life) and is prone to getting into fights over small things, he's bullied alot though he's always been a bit of an outsider and his fathers death just drove him further away fom his former friends and his loved ones,however if Josh really does care for someone then he won't give up on them, no mater what.

Appearence:
    He isn't bad looking quite handsome compared to some boys his age,he has auburn hair which goes down to slightly above his shoulders,he has an average nose sized nose,Dark green eyes with highlights of blue around the edges and an average mouth.His skin is slightly tanned with next to no boils or zits he only has one zit to the left of his forehead but he covers it with his hair,his teeth are white-ish they dont sparkle but they dont offend,he has a medium sized-jaw and a small chin,his cheeks are slightly on the thinner side,he has two different smiles,a genuine one that shows when hes truly happy and a dark one that shows up in different circumstances......

He is quite tall not so tall that it would intimidate some, but, tall enough that people often comment on it however he isnt very strong and doesn't have a very large overall build his height being the exception.His hand reach to the waist and are large enough, however he contantly bites his nails when hes nervous so his nails are very uneven.He has strong legs with average sized thighs.

He wears a short sleaved black shirt with a long sleeved black jacket over it the jacket also has a green hexagonical patern in the bottom right corner near the zip, he wears black trousers with a similar patern at the bottom of the right leg, he also wears green fingerless gloves with black fingers and finnaly he always wears the green amulet his father owned before he died.He always carries his black Rucksack.

History:
    From an early age Josh knew he was different, he was smarter than other kids his own age and could "think outside the box" but instead of his peers accepting him they rejected & Bulied him.His Mother said they were jealous his Father said that sometimes people would mock him for being different but he said to perservere and remember to never let it get to him, to never start a fight because it will only end with him getting hurt, then he left for work, that was the last time Josh ever saw his Father.

The next day officer Jenny of Jubilife city found Joshs fathers body behind the dumster of the silph co. building where he worked, Josh was devastated, Hhe was in hysterics for days, frustrated, angry, miserable, his Mother tried to comfort him, but it only proved to drive him further away.He swore to himself that day that he would find who did this and murder them for their crimes, he would not let his Father die in vane! But he couldnt just leave he couldnt take away the one thing his mother had left, Himself.So he waited, he waited for the day when he would turn 15 and leave on his pokemon journey it would be the perfect excuse to avenge his father AND prove to those who ridiculed him that he was a master of pokemon that he was their superior!

Partner:
    uggh I guess Im stuck with seedot.

R.P. example:
    This was it finnaly the morning had arrived, Josh walked outside and felt the cold crisp morning air blow on his face, today was his birthday, today he turned 15 and was legible to become a pokemon trainer and finaly avenge his fathers death. Suddenly he felt the prssence of his mother behind him."So todays the big day huh?" she asked unnable to hide the sorrow in her voice completely unaware of the true intent of his journey."Yes Mother"Josh replied with an equal ammount of sorrow, after all even though he was getting the chance to avenge his Father he was leaving behind his Mother, he wasn't going to be there to take care of her anymore."Todays the day" "Before you go"she said"I have something for you." she reached inside the apron she wore every morning and pulled out a small green amulet."It was your fathers"she said "I think he would have wanted you to have it"She handed Josh the amulet.He could feel the tears welling up in his eyes as he simply said "thank you"And with that he was off his small black rucksack on his back containing his clothes and the 500 poke his Mom had given him, that was the day Joshs jourey began, that day a grande destiny was set into motion.

Last edited:

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • Alright time of judgement~!

Zeta - This proves as a given but your Accepted
    PartiallyInsaneWhimscott [Cool name by the way] - Reserved
    Adam - I like your sign-up but your rp sample is a little.....Well regardless, try to keep your posts longer than your rp sample and your Accepted
    Aura Rift - Hum...Your appearance is non-existant as of right now...You need to do some editing to your grammar too, I'll put you on pending for now.

Years
  • I'm done, Yuukihime. Oh, and thanks. That's the whole reason it's PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott--although it's a perfect fit of you were going to describe me.

Anyway, GO CHECK TEH POST ABOVE WITH MY NAME ON IT! LIKE MY UNDIES! *checks waistband of underwear, giving self wedgie* Yep, it's there.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • ... Well, this is going to be awkward. I have seemed to have been upgraded to the temporary RP Master. This is not going to end well, but I hope I can actually keep this one alive.

PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott: ... You're obviously Accepted. Yours is probably the SU I liked the most.

We still have one more spot, I believe, until this RP begins.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Aura Rift: Err... no. The RP Sample isn't that good...

Let me give you a little tip, when people talk, they get their own paragraph, like so:

Spoiler:

Description in a post is also fairly important. My example wasn't exactly the best... in fact, it's not all that good, either, but I wrote that in... maybe 2 minutes?

You also still need to work on your grammar, too. I'm sorry, but for now, you're still on Pending.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • Yeah, trying not to. Unsure if I can double post or if that's only for Yuukihime right now, since, currently, I am the RP Master, even if it's only temporary. Thank you for posting, Whimsicott.

Also, Seedot is OPEN again. Aura Rift hasn't posted in days, his spot is forfeit.

Cyndaquasher

Kicker of upper thigh reigons
    Years
  • Name: Daniel Kellen

Personality:

Daniel behaves quite well when in the presence of others. He is polite, makes eye contact and is free to dish out compliments, even to people who have wronged him. After all, that's how he was raised and how he would like to be treated. He never shows fear when he is outnumbered, which leads many people to elect him as a leader.

When he is alone, not much changes on the outside. He is content to keep to himself if nobody needs him. On the inside, he craves the chance to serve or help someone, even if the task is way beyond his capabilities, so that he can be like his older brother. He doesn't often let people see that part of himself because he feels like it will make him appear weak.

On a side note, he would one day like to find and capture a voltorb for reasons that he keeps to himself.

Appearance:

The best place to begin when describing Daniel is at the top. His head is covered with messy, almost gravity-defying hair that seems to only obey the orders of whatever Daniel was lying on the night before. His smokey grey eyes are shielded by a pair of thick glasses that he can't see without, no matter how hard he might try.
    His clothes are rather ordinary, consisting of a white t-shirt with a voltorb screen printed onto the front, a pair of white cargo pants and a pair of red and white sneakers. In the colder months, he often wears a red jacket and scarf combination.

History:

To say that Daniel likes round things (especailly voltorb related ones) is a bit of an understatement. When he was a baby, one of his favourite toys was a rattle which had a voltorb at one end. When he was a toddler, he was nearly always holding a voltorb-coloured ball. Now that he's a teenager, his 'voltorbsession,' as his friends call it continues.

Being the younger of two boys, he always looked up to his older brother, Kevin. The two went nearly everywhere together, until Kevin left on his journey to become the pokemon master. The last time that they talked to each other, he had just caught a voltorb, which made Daniel both excited and a little jealous. Since then, Kevin appeared to just vanish off the face of the earth. With no other choice available to him, Daniel decided to head off on his own pokemon journey in hopes of finding both Kevin and his own voltorb.

Starter: Seedot...please?

Extra: If Daniel catches sign of an even slightly round pokemon, he will become quite easily distracted.

RP example:
    Mad Eye took one look at the raging beast and screamed at it. The two snarled and hissed at one another for what seemed like days, but they eventually fell silent, much to the joy of many of the nearby slann. After announcing that the beast was ready for a new rider, Mad Eye and Stum'pi searched for more of their brethren who would be brave (or foolish) enough to ride with them. They found those others in the berserker brothers, who were always willing to fight.

For years after their formation, Tepok's sting strode into battle alongside the fiercest warriors that were tasked with defending Xlanhuapec from outsiders. With each battle, they grew stronger. However, strength alone is not always enough.

((Fingers crossed that I don't accidentally kill this rp!))

Zeta Sukuna

Years
  • @Cyndaquasher: Though the appearance is a bit small, It's acceptable. So long as your posts are longer then the sample you posted it should be good enough. You're Accepted.

However, the RP will not be able to start until after this week. Finals is about to slaughter me. Especially English, where I have 3 finals to deal with.

Back