• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The D/P Graphics project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
  • While we're enjoying using the starterkit poccil made, there's one thing we can't deny ---- The graphics sucks... It's simple and clear that if we want to make better fan games, those Pokemon R/S/E aren't enough. We need D/P graphics to improve our game projects into another level so I consider it's fairly necessary to start a D/P Graphics project.

Even though I'm capable of providing the sprites for Pokemon D/P, it's not possible for me to make those D/P style graphics by myself. I'd be willing to share all the sprites I have if many of you are interested in this idea. Here's what we need for the D/P Graphic project:

1. Characters, Trainers and Pokemon Sprites in D/P style: These are the graphics I'm able to provide and willing to share. It would be great if someone manage to make better sprites than what I have though.

2. Text box/Entries and Window skins: The text box and window skins are significant for this project since they'll give people the first impression about the D/P visual effects. I currently have the Text box but someone may have to make the text entry graphic and Window skins.

4. Battle system: Don't misunderstand what I mean by Battle system. I know some of you have already got the battle screens, but it's still not the entire battle system. We need to change the entire battle system to D/P style and it will require more than simply editing pictures.
    Please check these links for resources of D/P Battle system:
    Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3

4. Bag/Shop screens: This is also important for the D/P graphic project. We can see that the D/P style screens are much better than those of Pokemon R/S/E and Pokemon FR/LG so it's necessary for us to make everything similar to D/P style.
    Check the link below for the bag sprite:
    Link 4

5. Item icons: I currently have some item icons but that's far from sufficient. We might need the picture from sprite resources and edit it into RMXP format so everyone can use the graphics.
    Check the webpage below to see an icon sprite:
    Link 5

6. Tilesets: I don't know how many of you guys have already got Sinnoh tileset and it should be in D/P style. However, why not make the overworld map of the other region like Kanto and Johto into D/P format as well?

7. Other D/P graphics: For anything else I leave out, please feel free contacting me so I'd add them into this project.

Remember, the ultimate goal of the D/P graphic project is to make it replace the graphics file in pokemon essentials. Poccil is currently busy with some other stuff like scripting so I don't think he's gonna help with this project. Nonetheless, it's time for us to give him a hand in improving the starterkit. Just replace those Pokemon R/S/E graphics with D/P's, we'll get a much better starterkit. It's for everyone who'd like to make a Pokemon fan game, not only you and me.

Please feel free PM me if you're interested in this project. Tell me what're you gonna do about the D/P graphics so we can work well together. I'm not expecting everyone to participate but I do hope those who're good at making or editing pictures to join this project. We won't be successful without helpers!

Have a good day everyone, I'm looking forward to hearing something from you!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think what would really be useful is the battle backgrounds and ground that the Pokemon stand on from the DP battle system. Also, it's a good idea you have, but if someone wants to make a unique Pokemon game, they most likely would create their own graphics, like OmegaGroudon.

-Krobe

WhippedCream

Greenhorn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    If someone could actually make a D/P starter kit, that would help my game a crapload... considering it utilizes D/P sprites and tiles. But I can't really script. Man I'm such an RMXP noob. I can make the game, but I can't make the scripts.
    The D/P Graphics project

RMXPokemaniac

Dreamweaver
    Years
  • Not being able to script doesn't necessarily make you a newb. Some people can do it, some can't. Do you want newb? Find somebody who can't make a teleport.

Being able to sprite/script/compose like a god doesn't make you a pro at RMXP.

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • I'm ripping new stuff from both D/P and Platinum all the time for TSR! I'll try make sure I post all of my new rips here as well so they can be added to the project.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    i have dp styled maps for sinnoh(custom), hoenn, johto, kanto, and the orange islands(have no routes or citys yet.) if you are interested just say so.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    What I REALLY need now are the D/P battle backrounds. I know many people have them, so would anyone mind sharing?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Sweet... I wasn't expecting that much lol :P

Thanks for those, should come in real handy.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Lot of people have been asking for those backgrounds lately.
    Here man:
    The D/P Graphics project

You do know the battle scene is composed of three part --- background.png, enemy base.png and player base.png, don't you? Please take away those enemy bases and player bases graphics from the original picture and make those bases separately, thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    On the bottom, it says they are already on The Spriters Resource...

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    I am not a good artist but I like the idea of a collection of diamond/pearl graphics. If someone would give me a sprite riping tutorial I would help. I have been looking for Diamond/Pearl graphics for a long time.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Well it's slowly becoming a disappointing attempt to gather people to work on an unrealistic project and I've completely lost faith in that. Can a Mod please lock this thread, thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well what do you expect? I'm sure not a lot of people are into this idea, and to be honest most of the links I found here were from Spriters-Resource, and that's easy enough to find anyway.

Also your post was considered as spam seeing as how you basically flamed yourself.
    -Krobe

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Well what do you expect? I'm sure not a lot of people are into this idea, and to be honest most of the links I found here were from Spriters-Resource, and that's easy enough to find anyway.

Also your post was considered as spam seeing as how you basically flamed yourself.
    -Krobe

You needn't have to post in this thread if you don't like this idea, and I personally don't consider it's your business to educate me. I've already requested this thread to be closed by a Moderator so hopefully it won't stay at the first page for long.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back