• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The D/P/Pt "WTF" Moment thread ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Same as the HG/SS version ^_^

i thought D/P/Pt deserved one as well :3
    --------------------
    my WTF moment today was: i started hunting all the roaming pokemon in playinum, i find moltres... its shiny "oh come on, everyone knows the non-shiny version looks better!"
    i find zapdos in the next route O.o" its also shiny O_O "how?" is all i thought
    then cresselia.... its shiny too "Yay the only one i wanted shiny! XD"
    then comes articuno after 20 minutes of chasing it down.....
    guess what? its also shiny "WHAT THE HELL!?" when ever i want shinnies i dont get them, but when im running around after roamers i get them -_-"
    i mean seriously what are the odds? they gotta be like 1 in 1billion right?
    --------------------
    so whats your WTF moments on D/P/Pt?

Weird

Lazy Guy
    Years
  • Getting to trainer 60 in Battle and then getting raped by a Dugtrio using fissure and hiting 2 times in a row. (My Gyarados was powned by stone edge afterwards)

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • My WTF moment came when I was paired with Riley in Iron Island and I found a shiny Onix. I tried to use a Poke Ball and I got the message "It's impossible to aim when there are two pokemon!" So I took out the other pokemon, but I knew Riley's Lucario would still attack the Onix, so I tried to knock him out so he wouldn't KO the Onix. The onix managed to attack Lucario first, however, knocking it out...and redirecting my attack towards it...

Yeah, I was...angry. >__>

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    My WTF moment came when I was paired with Riley in Iron Island and I found a shiny Onix. I tried to use a Poke Ball and I got the message "It's impossible to aim when there are two pokemon!" So I took out the other pokemon, but I knew Riley's Lucario would still attack the Onix, so I tried to knock him out so he wouldn't KO the Onix. The onix managed to attack Lucario first, however, knocking it out...and redirecting my attack towards it...

Yeah, I was...angry. >__>

damn that sucks O_O

i got lost in the area towards heatrans mountain lol that as a major blonde moment XD

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • You should add to your WTF moment the time when you found out that your Chikorita hatched as shiny, but then it wasn't shiny after all. Haha, that gave me a good laughed.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    You should add to your WTF moment the time when you found out that your Chikorita hatched as shiny, but then it wasn't shiny after all. Haha, that gave me a good laughed.

lmao XD that was funny

my next WTF moment was when i was huntin chanseys in trophy garden i totally forgot to change scizors moveset to false swipe...
    and all my pokemon were lv55 and up...
    so i sat there throwin ever ball i could until i finally caught it in a pokeball lol
    full health too no lie

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    My WTF moment on Platinum is at Spear Pillar against Jupiter. I Wtf'd on his Skuntank. "The foe's Skuntank used Flamethrower!" xD. I've never know before that Skuntank can learn Flamethrower.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    My WTF moment on Platinum is at Spear Pillar against Jupiter. I Wtf'd on his Skuntank. "The foe's Skuntank used Flamethrower!" xD. I've never know before that Skuntank can learn Flamethrower.

i know XD on diamond i caught stunky and when it evolved i had to change its name to ass-blaster XD lmao cuz we all know where that flamethrower comes from ;) lol

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    rofl Ass-Blaster xD
    And an another is against that Galactic Admin Chick That Use Purugly. I got wtfpwn'd multiple times lol.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    rofl Ass-Blaster xD
    And an another is against that Galactic Admin Chick That Use Purugly. I got wtfpwn'd multiple times lol.

irony is i usually use piplup
    on my diamond i used chimchar
    i got owned by her purugly half a dozen times wit the fire/fightin type
    but the water type owns her lol XD

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    My wtf moment was yesterday. My boyfriend was playing platinum and he ran into a wild gligar and it was BLUE! He showed me and I got all excited. It fainted the pichu and I had to use a lv 9 budew to bring it's hp down (the gligar was on lv 13 or so). Finally caught it after 5 poke balls and come to find out it's not shiny it's just how gligars look in platinum. WTF!

Years
  • I was EV training on Diamond when I came across an oddly colored Hippopotas. I was all "OMG SHINY" and caught it, only to realize that all female Hippopotas were that color.

Oops.

Years
  • I was battling Cynthia with the prize of becoming Pokemon Champion. The chain of events that follow would be echoed in history....

Spiritomb vs Houndoom: Houndoom Nasty Plot then Flamthrower OHKO. 0-1 to me. Good start for me, then comes Garchomp so I switch to Empoleon.

Garchomp vs Empoleon: I get ready to use Ice Beam then Garchomp uses Earthquake(I forgot Empoleon was part steel). OHKO. 1-1 evens. Out comes my Houndoom.

Garchmp vs Houndoom: I get ready to use Flamethrower, Garchomp Earthquake(I forgot Houndoom was part fire, let's just say I was a little drunk at the time). OHKO, 2-1 Cynthia. Out comes my own Garchomp.

Garchomp vs Garchomp: I use Dragon Claw and It turns out my lvl 57 Garchomp is faster then Cynthia's lvl 62 Garchomp. Someone obviously has not been EV training properly. Anyway, Cynthia's Garchomp survives and uses dragon Claw. OHKO -_-, 3-1 Cynthia. It may be slower but it sure is stronger. I should have used Sword Dance first...........Out comes Staraptor.

Garchomp vs Staraptor: I'm tired of Garchomp beating me, so I go for broke and use Brave Bird. Garchomp barely survives and uses Dragon Claw, which takes half of Staraptors HP. I set up for the finishing brave Bird, then Cynthia uses Full restore 0.0. I hit but recoil takes the rest of Staraptor's life. 4-1 Cynthia, not looking good.

At this point, being 4-1 down most people would have given up. But I kept on going inspired by Liverpool in Istanbul 2005. Out comes Gallade.

Garchomp vs Gallade: Normally Garchomp has the speed advantage, but not this Garchomp. Gallade actually hit first(Cynthia has to work on that) LOL! Leaf Blade took Garchomp out with a critical hit. 4-2 Cynthia. Out comes Togekiss, so I bring out trusty old Raichu!

Togekiss vs Raichu: Raichu uses Thunderbolt, OHKO. 4-3 Cynthia. Out comes Lucario, so I bring out Gallade again.

Lucario vs Gallade: Again, on paper Lucario is faster then Gallade, but not this Lucario(WTF is Cynthia playing at?). Gallade uses Brick Break. OHKO. 4-4 evens. Out comes Milotic, so i bring out Raichu.

Milotic vs Raichu: You all know whats coming eh? THUNDERBOLT! But Milotic survives! WTF?! Milotic uses Surf, and Raichu faints because I didn't heal him after the Lucian battle :l. 5-4 Cynthia, out comes my last pokemon, Gallade.

Milotic vs Gallade: Again, Milotic on paper faster, but Gallade gets in the first attack. (Cynthia REALLY has to work on that, cause this is getting shocking now). Gallade uses Leaf Blade, Milotic go KO. 5-5 Evens. Out comes Roserade, Cynthia's last pokemon.

Roserade vs Gallade: You all know whats coming, yes Roserade is meant to be faster, but my Gallade actually gets the first hit. (Cynthia is a disgrace). Gallade uses Psycho Cut. OHKO. 5-6 to me! I am the new Pokemon Champion!

So, from this post, you can find a lot of WTF?! moments. But the one which stands out is, how the hell are Garchomp, Lucario, Milotic and Roserade slower then Gallade?! What does Cynthia think she's doing?! Those pokemon should be destroying everything in their path!

Last edited:

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I was battling Cynthia with the prize of becoming Pokemon Champion. The chain of events that follow would be echoed in history....

Spiritomb vs Houndoom: Houndoom Nasty Plot then Flamthrower OHKO. 0-1 to me. Good start for me, then comes Garchomp so I switch to Empoleon.

Garchomp vs Empoleon: I get ready to use Ice Beam then Garchomp uses Earthquake(I forgot Empoleon was part steel). OHKO. 1-1 evens. Out comes my Houndoom.

Garchmp vs Houndoom: I get ready to use Flamethrower, Garchomp Earthquake(I forgot Houndoom was part fire, let's just say I was a little drunk at the time). OHKO, 2-1 Cynthia. Out comes my own Garchomp.

Garchomp vs Garchomp: I use Dragon Claw and It turns out my lvl 57 Garchomp is faster then Cynthia's lvl 62 Garchomp. Someone obviously has not been EV training properly. Anyway, Cynthia's Garchomp survives and uses dragon Claw. OHKO -_-, 3-1 Cynthia. It may be slower but it sure is stronger. I should have used Sword Dance first...........Out comes Staraptor.

Garchomp vs Staraptor: I'm tired of Garchomp beating me, so I go for broke and use Brave Bird. Garchomp barely survives and uses Dragon Claw, which takes half of Staraptors HP. I set up for the finishing brave Bird, then Cynthia uses Full restore 0.0. I hit but recoil takes the rest of Staraptor's life. 4-1 Cynthia, not looking good.

At this point, being 4-1 down most people would have given up. But I kept on going inspired by Liverpool in Istanbul 2005. Out comes Gallade.

Garchomp vs Gallade: Normally Garchomp has the speed advantage, but not this Garchomp. Gallade actually hit first(Cynthia has to work on that) LOL! Leaf Blade took Garchomp out with a critical hit. 4-2 Cynthia. Out comes Togekiss, so I bring out trusty old Raichu!

Togekiss vs Raichu: Raichu uses Thunderbolt, OHKO. 4-3 Cynthia. Out comes Lucario, so I bring out Gallade again.

Lucario vs Gallade: Again, on paper Lucario is faster then Gallade, but not this Lucario(WTF is Cynthia playing at?). Gallade uses Brick Break. OHKO. 4-4 evens. Out comes Milotic, so i bring out Raichu.

Milotic vs Raichu: You all know whats coming eh? THUNDERBOLT! But Milotic survives! WTF?! Miltic uses Surf, and Raichu dies because I didn't heal him after the Lucian battle :l. 5-4 Cynthia, out comes my last pokemon, Gallade.

Milotic vs Gallade: Again, Milotic on paper faster, but gallade gets in the first attack. (Cynthia REALLY has to work on that, cause this is shocking now). Gallade uses Leaf Blade, Milotic go KO. 5-5 Evens. Out comes Roserade, Cynthia's last pokemon.

Roserade vs Gallade: You all know whats coming, yes Roserade meant to be faster, but my Gallade actually gets the first hit. (Cynthia is a disgrace). Gallade uses Psycho Cut. OHKO. 5-6 to me! I am the new Pokemon Champion!

So, from this post, you can find a lot of WTF?! moments. But the one which stands out is, how the hell are Garchomp, Lucario, Milotic and Roserade slower then Gallade?! What does Cynthia think she's doing?! Those pokemon should be destroying everything in their path!
    Either she's drunk, or she can't EV train. xD

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I was battling Cynthia with the prize of becoming Pokemon Champion. The chain of events that follow would be echoed in history....

Milotic vs Raichu: You all know whats coming eh? THUNDERBOLT! But Milotic survives! WTF?! Milotic uses Surf, and Raichu faints because I didn't heal him after the Lucian battle :l. 5-4 Cynthia, out comes my last pokemon, Gallade.

Milotic vs Gallade: Again, Milotic on paper faster, but Gallade gets in the first attack. (Cynthia REALLY has to work on that, cause this is getting shocking now). Gallade uses Leaf Blade, Milotic go KO. 5-5 Evens. Out comes Roserade, Cynthia's last pokemon.

Roserade vs Gallade: You all know whats coming, yes Roserade is meant to be faster, but my Gallade actually gets the first hit. (Cynthia is a disgrace). Gallade uses Psycho Cut. OHKO. 5-6 to me! I am the new Pokemon Champion!

i had a simular event, except my garchomp WAS slower and it was at lv57 lol
    my team was:
    typhlosion lv57
    leafeon lv58
    scizor lv60
    garchomp lv57
    empoleon lv56
    & altaria (replaced my worthless electibuzz) lv50

i owned spiritomb with scizor
    1 for me
    garchomp comes out
    owns my whole team the first time around.
    ------------
    then i level everyone up several levels to the levels above:
    2nd time-

scizor pulls out 2 iron heads back to back KOin spiritomb thanx to it flinching lol

garchomp comes out os its garchomp VS garchomp
    quick claw activates, her garchomp is down by half
    she misses with dragon rush TWICE!
    garchomp KOs hers.

next
    lucario VS typhlosion
    earthquake = 1hit KO

then leafeon VS milotic
    razor leaf critical hit 1KO XD

next it came to altaria to togekiss, altaria gets 1ice beam off and gets KOed
    garchomp gets KOed, and then scizor gets owned T^T

i bring out my severely hurt typlhosion, and owned it with flamthrower XD

now roserrade, empoleon got owned T^T (i thought avalanche wouldve worked)
    typlhosion comes out, still in yellow, gets hit wit magical leaf and is in red (HOW WAS IT FASTER!?) and then owns it with famethrower XD

lol my fiancee called me the exact moment quick lcaw gave me the advantage in the battle, so clearly shes my good lucky charm <3

chillj

Not active anymore.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    Here's my WTF'ingF moment. I picked up an Azure Flute using Action Replay DSi, caught an (OMG! SHINEH) Arceus in a Pokeball then used it to catch Giratina in a Pokeball, I went out to test their moves in the wild and I run into a roaming Cresselia from an event which was also shiny, caught it in an Ultra Ball... and then guess WhatTF happens next? MY DSi FREEZES!!!!!!!!!!!

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • Here's my WTF'ingF moment. I picked up an Azure Flute using Action Replay DSi, caught an (OMG! SHINEH) Arceus in a Pokeball then used it to catch Giratina in a Pokeball, I went out to test their moves in the wild and I run into a roaming Cresselia from an event which was also shiny, caught it in an Ultra Ball... and then guess WhatTF happens next? MY DSi FREEZES!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy What?! Reading this gave me pain. Real pain, because I know how I would feel if that happened.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Here's my WTF'ingF moment. I picked up an Azure Flute using Action Replay DSi, caught an (OMG! SHINEH) Arceus in a Pokeball then used it to catch Giratina in a Pokeball, I went out to test their moves in the wild and I run into a roaming Cresselia from an event which was also shiny, caught it in an Ultra Ball... and then guess WhatTF happens next? MY DSi FREEZES!!!!!!!!!!!

ya i know how ya feel, but luckily my dongle poke-hunt went off witout a hitch ^-^

Holy What?! Reading this gave me pain. Real pain, because I know how I would feel if that happened.

that was cold, try to be a lil nicer next time ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back