• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The D/P/Pt "WTF" Moment thread ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
    Actually, Dialga and Palkia have a catch rate of 30. That's relatively high, but you were still lucky. :)

Depends what it's relative to, Pokemon in general? yeah it's high, Legendary pokemon? It's very low in comparison to the 3 & 5 of all the others (excluding Mew with 45). But I agree, either way it was still very lucky.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It's a very annoying glitch, when the egg is laid it is decided if it's shiny or not however if you trade it to another cart then it resets. This shows by it hatching and you seeing what would of happened if it was hatched on the other cart but when you look at it there is sadly only a 1 in 8192 of it actually being shiny. It does also work in reverse, you can hatch a pokemon and it's not shiny then when you look at its stats it is (same 1 in 8192 chance).

my last 5 eggs looked normal, turned out to be shiny i went WTF!? O.o"

Years
    today i bought platinum and at my first day i caught shiny budew on Eterna forest.so lucky :D i almost play 4 hours and i have 1 shiny...Yeah..

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    today i bought platinum and at my first day i caught shiny budew on Eterna forest.so lucky :D i almost play 4 hours and i have 1 shiny...Yeah..

for the record my AR deleted my platinum&i have no codes for it anymore.

i just caught:

23shiny dunsparce (7traded)
    1 shiny floatzel
    1 shiny azumarill
    1shiny laprass (traded)
    1 shiny quagsire
    1 shiny ???????? (cant remember this one)
    hatched the followin shiny:
    2eevees
    3cyndaquils
    1sneasel
    2shinx
    &2magnemite

im forgettin one but ill think bout it later lol

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    volroc, you know chaining isnt that hard right? You have to always go to the same patch and go for common grass when its possible to get the pkmn

its harder than you make it sound.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    really? I can chain anything I want right now. Ive already chained like 10 pokes and I started last week and had to beat my platinum to get the radar, and I synchronized the natures. Got, ALL Legit, Shiny Modest Ghastly, Shiny Adamant Electabuzz, Shiny Modest Magneton, Shiny Shinx x5, Shiny Togepi Modest

and no, its not hard

fillleeerr

Last edited:

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
    I'd have to say when the wild Flotzel "outsped" me with Aqua Jet.

Did not know it was one of them 1st attacking type moves.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    this mornin, really early mornin too i a huntin the swarm of beldum, and i fell asleep, when i woke up i was the battle with a shiny beldum O.o" WTF was i doin in my sleep lol
    (btw im puttin the bledum up for trade on my thread)

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Platinum- went to go capture Diagla and Palkia. Legendaries always give me a heck of time catching them because they never stay in the pokeball even if they have 1 hp and a status problem. But I weakened Diagla, only used two ultra balls and caught him. Then I weakened Palkia, and caught him in one ultra ball. I've never had such luck with legendaries. Giritina took me a long time yesterday.........he was a royal pain.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    me& wurm were trainin& we fought starlys only til his next lv it went from 13- 18 (his speed) after he leveled XD

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    My wtf moment was when I was training togekiss I used metronome and got explosion and the foe avoided it. this has happened twice in the past. also I have never seen a legitimate shiny in any of my games. ever.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    So, I was on my way to the Survival Area in Platinum. Trying to avoid trainer battles along the way. I get challenged by this trainer with a Lanturn. She almost K'OD my Infernape, so I switched him out, he had like 10 hp left. The Lanturn K'OD all of my Pokemon. So I bring out my Infernape again. While turning on my other DS preparing to trade over my best team from SS to Platinum. Well I get the chance to use an attack, so I use Shadow Claw and defeated the Lanturn. I thought I was so owned.

Oh, and one more thing to add. I was afraid I'd run into another trainer that would kill my last pokemon on the way to the survival area, but I MADE IT! Pokemon center here I come!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    This isn't in platinum, but in SS, I remember barely scraping by the third gym leader, whitney. I thought I had her when I brought out ghastly, but then I realized miltank could hit ghost types... I had to curse it and poison it but I won

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    my wifi signal goin red half way threw a trade but not disconnectin WTF lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back