• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Your lucky, I wish I could drive at 16. I have to wait until im 17 and they be raising it before that anyway.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    You can't even get your permit here until you're sixteen and you can't have driving lessons before you get your permit. I... started driving lessons. I did two or three of them and then stopped. That was two years ago. XD;

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    XD

When I can drive, I will be your driver Lightining XD

When I'm 16, I can get a moped but those things are such death traps in my opion.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Here you can get your permit on your 15th birthday, your restricted six months later if you haven't been in any crashes and stuff.. XD And then your license a year after that. Most people I know don't even try for their permit until sixteen though, since ... I'm not sure XD;

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with how busy the town you live in is.
    In New York, I don't think you can legally drive till 18.
    Not like driving gets you anywhere in New York XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My friend got her G1 today! :] I'm really proud of her. She'll be getting her G2 in September and I'm pretty sure I'm more excited than she is :P

Cherrim

Years
    In Ontario, we have a graduated license system. G is the full license. To get it, you have to pass through G1 and G2.

With a G1 license, you can only drive if the person in the passenger's seat has had a full G license for 5 years. You can't have any alcohol in your blood and there are certain roads you can't drive on. You have to have your G1 for at least a year before you take the test for your G2. If you take lessons, it's shortened to 8 months.

I forget what the G2 is, exactly. There are certain restrictions but the only one that I can think of is that you still can't have any alcohol. You might not be able to have certain people in the car at certain hours (like between 1 and... something AM I think). I dunno because I don't have it yet and haven't bothered to learn. XD;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    ^ What she said... I haven't bothered looking through the driver's manual yet ^_^

EDIT// It's like... you can't drive on highways or something with your G1, right?

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Sounds complicated XD
    IN AMERICA you get your permit, wait a year, take a test, and tada! You can drive anywhere you want :D
    Sometimes I wish it was a bit stricter, but I guess people need to get places.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Lucky D:
    I heard they're moving the age to get your G1 to 18 after this year in Ontario, is that true? :/

Cherrim

Years
    Can't drive on the 400-series highways or the QEW but I think everything else is fair game.

Are they? o_O; I know lots of people will be pissed if they are.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Someone told me that :/
    I'm not worried since I'll be getting mine this year anyway (hooray for a '92 birth xD). I don't know if it's true or not, but I could see it happening.

EDIT// Lol, it was just a rumour. Silly people XD

badgerskunk

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008

Anyone ever though of that they should have a college where you study gaming metaphors, maybe not JUST that obviously that couldnt work as a major alone but where you draw parallels between the rapidly emerging digital universe and shared ideas and the actual physical unvierse.

Years
    I wanna start something new, considering I got lost in the last thing you guys were talking about *starts new topic*

For everyone who watches G4TV's Ninja Warrior, they are once again doing the america ninja challenge. Do you think its a smart idea to do this again? Considering that the americans that made it to Japan last time were humilated =[

badgerskunk

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008
    I wanna start something new, considering I got lost in the last thing you guys were talking about *starts new topic*

For everyone who watches G4TV's Ninja Warrior, they are once again doing the america ninja challenge. Do you think its a smart idea to do this again? Considering that the americans that made it to Japan last time were humilated =[

You completely and totally ignored my post about my idea JUST because I am a NOOB. That is very rude, why are people so slow to open their arms to NOOBS here? If it was a dumb idea just Fing say it but dont passive aggressively ignore it like I am some bored child blurting out nonsense for attention.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Sounds complicated XD
    IN AMERICA you get your permit, wait a year, take a test, and tada! You can drive anywhere you want :D
    Sometimes I wish it was a bit stricter, but I guess people need to get places.

Whoah, really? o_o; I live in America too, but we have it differently XD. You get your permit, wait 6 months, take a test and get your Restricted. The Restricted lets you drive by yourself after 8 AM and before 6 PM. I guess other places don't need that, XD

Years
    Never heard of it :3 What's it about?

The world's toughest obstacle course. American subtitles but in japanese language. Anyway last year (sept 24, 2007), two americans (Colin Bell & Brett Sims), won a contest and were able to compete on the show. Unfortunately, both lost on the same obstacle (the jumping spider), early on in the 1st Stage. That obstacle was the toughest all competition =[

You completely and totally ignored my post about my idea JUST because I am a NOOB. That is very rude, why are people so slow to open their arms to NOOBS here? If it was a dumb idea just Fing say it but dont passive aggressively ignore it like I am some bored child blurting out nonsense for attention.

And i'm a noob to. I'm sorry if i ignored your post, but i got too confused on your topic. i did not ignore you because your a "noob", but because of the reason i stated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back