• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    You completely and totally ignored my post about my idea JUST because I am a NOOB. That is very rude, why are people so slow to open their arms to NOOBS here? If it was a dumb idea just Fing say it but dont passive aggressively ignore it like I am some bored child blurting out nonsense for attention.

Post of the Year.

Hm, what age do you have to be to drive where you guys are? Seventeen for me.

The world's toughest obstacle course. American subtitles but in japanese language. Anyway last year (sept 24, 2007), two americans (Colin Bell & Brett Sims), won a contest and were able to compete on the show. Unfortunately, both lost on the same obstacle (the jumping spider), early on in the 1st Stage. That obstacle was the toughest all competition =[

I think I saw that, I'm not sure.

badgerskunk

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008

And i'm a noob to. I'm sorry if i ignored your post, but i got too confused on your topic. i did not ignore you because your a "noob", but because of the reason i stated.

I didn't think it was confusing at all but I guess when you think about it could be confusing. I was just asking if anyone ever though of that they should have a college where you study gaming metaphors, maybe not JUST that obviously that couldn't work as a major alone but where you draw parallels between the rapidly emerging digital universe and shared ideas and the actual physical universe.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    @ badgerskunk: What ~Winner~ said. I'm a noob too ^_^

@ ~Winner~: Sound tough. It doesn't air in the US, does it?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I think it varies by state. I know licensing varies greatly by province here in Canada. :x
    You completely and totally ignored my post about my idea JUST because I am a NOOB. That is very rude, why are people so slow to open their arms to NOOBS here? If it was a dumb idea just Fing say it but dont passive aggressively ignore it like I am some bored child blurting out nonsense for attention.
    And you were breaking the rules with that post. It had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand unless, somehow, it relates to driving and permits, which I doubt. There are specific rules for this thread in the rules for this forum. D:

Years
    @ ~Winner~: Sound tough. It doesn't air in the US, does it?

Its extremely tough. A man named Makoto Nagano (Nagano Makoto if you live in Japan), completed the competition in October 2006, 7 years after the last man did. Because of that, the course was completely renovated, and now they producers are trying to make it so tough, that not one will ever pass.

Yes, on G4, 6:00-7:00 pm (if you live on the east coast of the US) and at 8:30-9:30 pm (Reshowing the episodes from that day).

Anyway, back to the drivers permit, Its like the way you putted it, Chibi-Chan, in my county. Very tough, and i don't know if i'll enjoy the rule =/

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I think it varies by state. I know licensing varies greatly by province here in Canada. :x

Yeah, my neighbour's fiancé moved here to Toronto from Newfoundland, and he's not allowed to drive here until he passes the Ontario driving test or whatever :/

Cherrim

Years
    How old is he? He shouldn't have to if he had a full license. Or at least, that was the impression I got. I've moved all over Canada before and I don't remember my parents ever having problems with their licenses.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    How old is he? He shouldn't have to if he had a full license. Or at least, that was the impression I got. I've moved all over Canada before and I don't remember my parents ever having problems with their licenses.

-shrugs- In his 30s, I think.
    His license might have expired and he didn't bother to renew it, I don't know. Go figure D:

Years

The same exact thing happened to me, Lightning. I moved to NJ from NY, and they are making me take the test in a whole different way than the other teens taking the test.

I guess in every county (or reigion), its different =/

But you two both live in Tronto, so i don't know what to say. Maybe some new law has passed, Lightning, and you may not be aware of it.

Cherrim

Years
    Just asked my dad who's watching TV with me. XD If your license hasn't expired, you don't have to take another test when you move, you can just get it renewed to your new province. But you have to take the test if it expired before you moved. :x

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    The same exact thing happened to me, Lightning. I moved to NJ from NY, and they are making me take the test in a whole different way than the other teens taking the test.

I guess in every county (or reigion), its different =/

But you two both live in Tronto, so i don't know what to say. Maybe some new law has passed, Lightning, and you may not be aware of it.

All of these different laws both interest and confuse me at the same time :/ Go figure. xD

badgerskunk

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2008

And you were breaking the rules with that post. It had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand unless, somehow, it relates to driving and permits, which I doubt. There are specific rules for this thread in the rules for this forum. D:

I am sorry, thanks for making a brand new member look like a complete idiot. Why do you want to try to humiliate me, I feel even stupider now because nobody out of courtesy even mentioned my idea or responded at all, I would actually feel better if someone would have at least said it was stupid (well not really but my feelings really are hurt). I just want to feel like I have something to contribute i guess i dont have the POWER yet because im a NOOB to change the subject it seemed like the license talk had died down....

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I cant take the test seriously at all. I went in to take the test to get my permit, first question "You are pulling up to a 4-way intersection and there is a sign posted saying 'No U-turn', may you make a U-turn?"
    ...-_-;
    I felt somewhat insulted by that question, how stupid do they think i am?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I cant take the test seriously at all. I went in to take the test to get my permit, first question "You are pulling up to a 4-way intersection and there is a sign posted saying 'No U-turn', may you make a U-turn?"
    ...-_-;

Aha, wow, that made my my day. :D Obviously you're gonna U-turn it. Lol xDDDDD

Cherrim

Years
    Xairmo -- LOL. I wish my written test was that easy. XD I failed it the first time around and had to take it twice.
    I am sorry, thanks for making a brand new member look like a complete idiot. Why do you want to try to humiliate me, I feel even stupider now because nobody out of courtesy even mentioned my idea or responded at all, I would actually feel better if someone would have at least said it was stupid (well not really but my feelings really are hurt). I just want to feel like I have something to contribute i guess i dont have the POWER yet because im a NOOB to change the subject it seemed like the license talk had died down....
    ...you broke rules. I didn't even warn you for it or anything, jeez. o_O No one ever said anything about your idea being stupid, it just doesn't fit into the conversation here. Make a new thread for it if you feel so strongly about it.

Years
    ...-_-;

I would die to take a test like that, Xairmo. LOL, the people who run these test can't basically think of anymore questions =/

There is an obvious answer; you make the u-turn, and if the cops pull you over, YOU FLOOR IT!!!!! Like akaxari said, MADE MY DAY.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    Another question was "How many direstions does a one way street go?"
    ....-_-;

Years
    Another question was "How many direstions does a one way street go?"
    ....-_-;

Well, if you break the law, i guess two. Or, if you go around other houses and into the woods or another street, their are endless possibilities.

Which brings me to my next topic for all drivers-have you ever done something stupid or gettinginto a weird or funny or stupid while driving a car?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Well, if you break the law, i guess two. Or, if you go around other houses and into the woods or another street, their are endless possibilities.

Which brings me to my next topic for all drivers-have you ever done something stupid or gettinginto a weird or funny or stupid while driving a car?

Yes, please, do tell xD So I can avoid those things while I learn how to drive.

I kid :]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back