• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    My mum is a pharmacist she really enjoys it, althought Its stopped me and my brother having "sick" days....

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Haha, that would suck D: There's a pharmacy close to where I live and they always look like they're having so much fun. I dunno, I just don't like the office/business setting. I need something different, I can't sit behind a computer all day (although I am right now...)

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Yeah, It does seem fufilling although my Mum complains about her wages sometimes, My mum does enjoy on the whole but does get annoyed with people who have nothing wrong with themselves but, think that they do

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I hate that now XD Like at the clinic, I was sick as a dog, and all these people ahead of me have absolutely nothing wrong with them and it's just annoying >_>

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    That happens alot here, We get it from all of the people on holiday to the area and if its a rainy day they feel they have a cold and pile in the surgery. >_>

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Some people go to the clinic for the most useless reasons. If I have a cold, I'll either bite the bullet and go into school or stay home. Dunno why anyone would need to see a doctor about most things unless they persist for a long time. oO;

Anyway, my friend goes to U of T and she says she hates it there. D: Mind you, she's an English major, but she says the class sizes are too big. D8

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Oh, my gosh, I remember a time I had a stomachache so bad I had to go to ER (my mom thought it was appendicitis at first, but it wasn't) and everyone else there was completely healthy (or so it seemed >_>) and they went in first! My mom and I waited for two hours, then we just went home. Luckily, it was nothing serious, I just had a 24-hour virus.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Some people go to the clinic for the most useless reasons. If I have a cold, I'll either bite the bullet and go into school or stay home. Dunno why anyone would need to see a doctor about most things unless they persist for a long time. oO;

Not to offend but it is mostly old people or worried parents, The rest of us stick it out, Like I was really ill on monday and stayed home, went into school on tuesday and felt awful but wednesday morning I was literally better.

Edit: ER/A&E are the worst you have to site there for like hours to see a doctor for 10minutes,

Cherrim

Years
    Well, remember that sometimes people actually have appointments at some clinics or hospitals, or else they're there for routine checkups or immunizations and such. xD They could be perfectly healthy and still need to be there.

edit: I know some people whose parents insist they go to the doctor any time something happens. Sometimes my mom tries to do it for my brother and I but we only end up not going because she's too lazy to drive us. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I went at nine o'clock pm, so I dunno if people would be having appointments there and then. Or waiting in the Emergency Ward XD

Cherrim

Years
    If it's the emergency ward, maybe it doesn't make much sense. XD; You'd think people would save that for, you know, real emergencies. D:

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I don't need to go to the doctors thankfully *touch wood*

I hate hospitals and doctors surgerys anyway, They remind me of blood and guts >_<

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I've actually never been afraid of needles, like when I had to get my shots afterward. Most people fear going to the doctor because of that, but I didn't mind it so much. I got lollipops afterward, maybe that's why ^^ But it never really hurt until afterward, like this one time I had to get some sort of shot and my arm was throbbing all day. It was my left arm too, and I'm left-handed, so it hurt to write -_-

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I had an injection last year and caused a fuss over it, But the nurse who was doing the injection had sat in something strange and had bright white on her navy trousers which caused some hilarty to lighten the mood (she didnt know what me and my mum were laughing at though XD)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Lol, at least that helped ease the pain XD
    Did anyone have to take shots for HPV at around age 14? I did, and I don't even know why. o_O
    I love how we went from talking about licenses to birthdays to school to the trips to the doctor. :P

Cherrim

Years
    I've always been fine with immunizations and stuff. Sometimes if there's a lot of medication in it, I'll be dizzy afterwards (and even faint @_@) and it almost always aches for a day or two after I get a needle.

Blood work is... different. I can do it, but I hate it and it makes me really queasy. There's a story behind that but I'll spare everyone the details. XD

edit: I had that shot. I think they started it a year or two after I turned 14 so I had to go get it done on my own. 8(

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Actually, blood work doesn't affect me much at all. I had to do some blood tests a while ago and it was kind of like "Oh, it's done?" I don't know, sometimes I freak myself out :3

Cherrim

Years
    I might get it from my dad--the hatred of blood work--but I like to think it was my mom who caused me to dislike it. She was with me the first time I got blood drawn and told me to look at it as they took it because it was "cool." I didn't think so and ever since I get so nauseous when they take blood. DX

Plus I hate it when they can't find the vein and have to try multiple times and... aaagh. I'm making myself sick just thinking about it. XDD;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My dad's diabetic, so he had to do a LOT of bloodwork (Thank god he's type 2, so he doesn't have to do daily insulin injections). I guess I kinda learned from him how it's not so scary to have blood work done (and i don't get it often, so it's not so bad).

They couldn't find my vein when I went, and they kept having to switch arms until they could find one D;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back