• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Being 16 didn't really change much for me. But since I have turned 17 In am being made to get a job and do things I don't want to do. I don't want a job yet. I want to concentrate on my school and having to work 4 days a week straight abfter school for 4 hours doesn't help me.

I am in school now posting this.

Years
    It has, Im going to be 16 too. So much responabilty and we have to make our own money now.

I know, it will be a tough time trying to make your money, and it will probably be even tougher trying to find an apartment or house. Thankfully, I haven't expierienced that yet.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Well, I wont let my mum kick me out XD

It's annoying because I'm workphobic, I hate work XD

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I have a fear of working as well. I get really nervous when I think about it. But I need the money so I have to do it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My parents wouldn't let me work while I was in high schol so now I'm having problems finding jobs because I have no work experience. D:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    My school is trying to start setting up work experience for people that choose to stay on for further education. But as my year is the first year they have started it it hasn't worked. I think a grand total of 0 has actually got a work experience place. XD

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    My school did have work experience but I went to a school to see what being a teacher was like so that doesn't really help me now.

Luckily I live near the beach which always has a few jobs going spare, or I may go and clear glasses and the local bar.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I loved my work experiance, Schools are really fun because all of the kids listen too you where if you work somewhere you will get someone who orders you about.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Yeah, I went to a first school. Luckily it was just before it became a primary school which it is now. I keep trying to get my brother to do it, because its one of those things where you can go and do something that you would need training for. Where something like a shop worker or a waiter doesnt need that much training.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    In Ireland, when you get to fourth year (which is when you're sixteen) you have a choice of doing something called Transition Year; where you get to do work experience in everything, and go to different Countries ec cetera.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Its similar to that in UK, When your 16 you either chose an aprentership (sp?), Collage or to go to work.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    You don't always have to go to a college. You can stay on at the school you did year 11 in if the offer you the extra 2 year course. I am still at the same school. But I am there for an extra 3 years as I failed my GCSE tests.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    You can drop out of secondary school in Ireland at sixteen. You don't have to go to college or university.

Oh, did you hear? The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (the book) has been banned!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    It has? Why?

And in Canada, if you drop out of school and you have a driver's licence, they'll take that away from you :/

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    You can drop out of school here in New Zealand at 15. That's Yr11...that's the year when you don't have enough credits at the end you stay Yr11. Usually those people are the ones to drop out.

I don't wanna drop out. I don't even know what to do with my life yet. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I think in Canada it's 16, grade Eleven, when you can drop out, but don't quote me for sure. I'd never dream of dropping out. Ever. xD

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Here you can legally drop out at 17, or 16 with parental permission.

To be completely honest, I've though about dropping out before but decided against it after realizing that without at least a highschool diploma you don't..really have too many career options ._.

I plan on having some form of education after highschool, but I'm not really sure which specific fields I want to cover outside of the classes you're forced to take anyways. One of my cousins dropped out at 16, got his GED, and is now attending Boston College o_O

..Yeah, I'm not really too sure how the hell that happened either xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm thinking of University, specifically the University of Toronto. I want to be a pharmacist (They do more than stand behind the counters, folks!) and they're one of few schools in Canada who offer the classes for a pharmaceutical career. Yep, I researched it XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back