• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    That's probably the greatest lesson I learned in high school so far.
    You aren't worried in the least bit? I mean, the so called "wise" elders in the generation above ours usually chastises our generation, advising us to get the high paying job. Obviously they're speaking from experience, but it is our lives. Our choice. Parents and Grandparents can potentially shatter one's latter period of life by forcing them into a career that they don't enjoy. D:

Years
    The topic's what we're majoring in or deciding to pursue, eh?

Well, I'm in high school at the moment. Sure, I'm graduating next year, but I still don't have a clear goal of what I want to pursue. Some of my options are animation, journalism or even archaeology, based on my strengths. But, like I said, I don't have a clear goal yet.

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    I want to go into performing arts ^^ I kind of want to be a theater teacher. My current Drama Director is who inspired me. He said "I just had one of those I-do-this-for-a-living-moments. I don't even play pretend, I tell others how to play pretend." I laughed really hard, but it was also so true. Plus, I'm always so happy when I'm around thespians. =]

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    You aren't worried in the least bit? I mean, the so called "wise" elders in the generation above ours usually chastises our generation, advising us to get the high paying job. Obviously they're speaking from experience, but it is our lives. Our choice. Parents and Grandparents can potentially shatter one's latter period of life by forcing them into a career that they don't enjoy. D:

Well, I don't have to worry about that for another four or so years. I'm only a Junior in high school and I plan on getting a part time job for next year and the years to come up until I graduate college. Then I'm going to worry about that. I have a trust fund in my name anyway, so money in the beginning will not be an issue for me regardless of how much I get paid.

But I would rather have a job I enjoy doing than working on something I couldn't give a damn about.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    New topic!

For those of you in college (or the European equivalent, since I believe those of you in France and maybe England call High School your University?), what are you majoring in? Or if you aren't majoring in anything, what kinds of classes are you taking?

For anyone HS and under, what are you thinking of studying?

I'm at a community college this year, soon to be transferring next fall for either a Biology major or Communications, depending on where I go. :P I know they're vastly different, but those are my interests.
    I'm 16, I live in Iceland, don't know what my school name is in English, but I Major on Nature science, I take psychology to and acting classes as free chose:D:D

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    I'm 16, I live in Iceland, don't know what my school name is in English, but I Major on Nature science, I take psychology to and acting classes as free chose:D:D

That's so cool! I love acting :D And I'm taking Psychology next semester X3 My drama teacher told me I should take Social Psych in college. I think I will, from what he tells us, it sounds really cool.

Right now I am in the eighth grade. In my opinion no time to think about what I want to major in, when it is time for me to enroll in a college. Of course I assume everyone from the age of 4 and up have pondered what they would do for a living when "they grow up", and this is what I have come up with based on my skills academically and out of class, and the things I like to do (So I wont have a cruddy time studying a subject).

After much consideration I had picked Rice School of Architecture as my College. This is entirely fantasy, and will probably change in a few weeks but for right now I am really interested in architecture......

Yeah. :>

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    After ten years of school, I've finally narrowed down my options to three choices: record engineering/music production, graphic design or something to do with video production/editing. I'm leaning towards record engineering, as that's what I'm most passionate about of the three, but film production is beggining to seem like a pretty nice choice, too. I'm going to minor in graphic design either way, so I don't have to worry about that, though.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    Quite unfortunately, I'm in highschool. Stupid, ugly highschool with even more stupid, immature children. Anyway, I'm unsure of what I want to major in. I'm leaning towards something in the field of literature, but I've discovered a new world in psycology. That, accompanied with general human anatomy and the study of a human's developmental process and brain activity, are what I'm pushing at right now.

How could High School make you want to study how people's brains work? It's cool n all but more then half of the people (At mine atleast) don't have brains that work. Might as well study mashed potato :P
    (I wasn't being completly serious btw :})
    I have no idea what I plan to study, something in the lines of...not sure :S lol, I'm still Year 11, plenty of time left :)

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    I really don't know. Maybe Optometry, the eyes are cool to learn about.

Eye docs also make the green.

Then again, I'm only in 9th, so I'll probably change my mind.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    How could High School make you want to study how people's brains work? It's cool n all but more then half of the people (At mine atleast) don't have brains that work. Might as well study mashed potato :P
    (I wasn't being completly serious btw :})
    I have no idea what I plan to study, something in the lines of...not sure :S lol, I'm still Year 11, plenty of time left :)
    How do you know that watching freshmen, seniors, and in between running around like blubbering fools doesn't make me want to find out why some people are developmentally slower than others, ey? 8]]

But yeah. I really want to figure out why some people have such variations in emotions and all the other fun stuff associated with that field. ^^

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    How do you know that watching freshmen, seniors, and in between running around like blubbering fools doesn't make me want to find out why some people are developmentally slower than others, ey? 8]]

But yeah. I really want to figure out why some people have such variations in emotions and all the other fun stuff associated with that field. ^^

Many of my friends are interested in psychology as well. So long as you don't grow up to pretend you care about a patient (if you ever get into that field of the occupation) when you really don't, and only care about the money, I think you'll make a fine psychologist.

ハリマ☆ハリオ

播磨拳児
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2009
    I want to study Computer Science. Programming, network administration and so many other things as a potential goal would definitely be fun.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
    Aw, these are interesting. ^^ I'll be entering the career workforce within the next year and half or so. *scared* I'm majoring in Video Game Art and Design -- basically, I'm taking both art classes and classes that teach you how to design and create video games. I've worked on a number of video game related products now and am currently working with a team on a mock-video game, where we must come up with all the ideas and content, including the artwork and information, on this game. I'm also in a 3D design class right now, and have so far designed a 3D dump truck and a living room. I'm not so much into the whole design process though, and am more fond of the art.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Many of my friends are interested in psychology as well. So long as you don't grow up to pretend you care about a patient (if you ever get into that field of the occupation) when you really don't, and only care about the money, I think you'll make a fine psychologist.

Definitely true; psychologists start out with just an interest in the field, but some don't really seem to have their head in the right place. I definitely don't see that kind of attitude in our generation of up n' comers for that field, though, so yay! We can see shrinks and feel cared for. :P

I'm confused on where I really want to go with a Communications degree...that's why I've been falling back on Biology with my newfound interest in genetics. But that requires medical school, and although I'm up to the challenge, being in college already I don't know that I'd be able to fit all the required courses in. But eh, I'll figure something out.

I had a journalism internship during my senior year of high school and it was a'ight; pretty much exactly what I expected, so I dunno, I wasn't thrilled with it. I'd much rather find something I love to do. Maybe broadcast journalism or radio.

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    I'm studying medical sciences in Calgary, Canada. The fact that I'm in Canada makes me want to kill myself -_-

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Psychology is popular but still very in demand right now. Personally I'm more worried about what university to get into than major, as you can always change a major...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back