• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Well, originally it wasn't possible to change to legacy from top--iirc we had to install a hack/plugin for that. I assume it'll likely be more of the same this time around.

Though vBulletin 4 is absolutely the ugliest web software I've seen in a while, if current screenshots are any indication, so Audy and I have already agreed that before PC upgrades, we're hacking the default vB4 theme to pieces so it's not so hideous before we migrate. <_<;

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Since when? The only people I know who like it over the top postbit are the ones who were around back when all forum software had it on the left. Now, almost all software has followed suit and put the postbit details at the top of the post. It's so much more efficient because it's more uniform, it doesn't get in the way of the post, and there's a lot more room to work with.

;_; Having it on the left feels so constricting now.
    On the contraty, I'm active on 4 vBulletin forums and 3 of them have the left postbit on as their default and PC was the only one with the top postbit. I look at most of the ones I lurk in and the legacy postbit is more popular.

Cherrim

Years
    They probably just never got used to the change and decided to stick with left instead of moving forward. :(

edit: And I don't meant vBulletin alone--go look at alternative forum software. Almost all the big names have switched to the top postbit, iirc.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    They probably just never got used to the change and decided to stick with left instead of moving forward. :(

edit: And I don't meant vBulletin alone--go look at alternative forum software. Almost all the big names have switched to the top postbit, iirc.
    I guess so, they were around for a long time.

Edit: Did PHBB change as well? All I know of is Mybb.

I'm sticking with the decision to stay with vBulletin 3 for my forum until I see better screen of vB4 because right now, I prefer any forum software over it. Its. So. Ugly.

Cherrim

Years
    phpBB changed, I'm pretty sure.

And isn't vB4 ugly? ugggh there's SO much white space. And it's like... any progress they made in compacting menus and using their space wisely just went out the window. x_x; I don't even remember what most of it looks like since I've blocked it from my mind but... it's just HORRIBLE.

Cherrim

Years
    No guarantees. x_X; We're gonna make it tolerable but it won't look exactly the same, I'm sure. :(

And fffff I hate like everything in this update. XD;

edit: More pictures. I find these ones the most offensive to my design tastes. :(

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Shield you eyes before they burn:
    Spoiler:

All the theming capabilites you're used to will be gone for a crappier WYSIWYG editor.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    true, and like always, you're right :3

but still. even bringing up the horribleness of Vista is a disgrace to the world. a disgrace i tell you!
    Meh, it's not as bad now as it was.

Oh, I fixed some grammar in your post.

I think I will save up for a Macbook but then save the money until I go to college. I'd like a Macbook for college. : 3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back