• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I've only ever preordered one game, and that was Platinum. I've never had the money whenever a new game came out, so I've never been able to preorder until now.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Never played Master Quest before. :(
    The only Game I pre-ordered was Diamond and that was only because I didn't have a clue what 'pre-order' meant.
    I prefer waiting until the day they come, instead.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Some of the stores around here are smaller than I'd like, or they don't order in enough copies. I know when I went to pick up my (preordered!) Diamond and Pearl games, they had already run out of Diamond except for my set-aside preorder and they had only like 5 copies left of Pearl. D:

Then I didn't preorder Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Blue. It was over a week before I finally got it after its release.

So yeah... I just preorder my most wanted games to be safe. x_x It ensure they order in enough for me and everything.

Cherrim

Years
    Well, I like preordering because I can also put down some money on a game coming out in the future. It reminds me to save up for it and also "cheapens" the game when I buy it since I'll already have a deposit on it. XD;

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    When Diamond/Pearl came out in NA, there were only one like, three people waiting in line and the store had several copies of it.
    Not really sure whether Pre-ordering it was the best idea at the time, but it was worth a shot.

And the Gamestop I go to always has the game that I want.
    Same here, which Is why I always go there.
    Most other stores have around 10-15 games and they rarely ever have the game I'm looking for, but Gamestop does.

Cherrim

Years
    The EB Games in the mall near where I am now is pretty good. They've got a great selection of both new and used games. Can't say the same for the one near my house back home though--it's always picked through and they're so disorganized. When I'm home I prefer to get my games from TRU or Best Buy or something. D:

Cherrim

Years
    I just... like owning the games. 8| My brother and I own every single main Pokémon game except for Blue.

Plus I like being able to restart a game without worrying about my team. :( I don't want to lose my Diamond Team but I wanna give the game another go with a different one. I can't wait for my Platinum playthrough. I get my favourites right from the start. <3

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    @Waka: Yeah but we're RIGHT NEXT TO THE US. Half the time our games come in extra packaging where they tossed an extra French manual in so that they could just sell the US version of the game in Canada without reprinting or repackaging anything. :| So whyyyyy don't we get the same preorder stuff?

Because you're not the US, you get to get shafted like everybody else, sry2say, bb.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Wow, so there are people that like owning the games? I'm the same way. I also own almost every single main game. The only one I'm missing now is Pearl, but I'll probably get it some time after I get Platinum.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    The only Pokemon games I own are Diamond and Emeral, and that's because I sold my other games.
    I might be getting Platinum, only because it's the third version.

I'd say roughly 50-70% of everyone who frequents OT have last some interest in Pokemon, some more than others.

Cherrim

Years
    Here I thought you got tired of Pokemon. I thought this because of numerous reasons:

The whole Gym thing was closed and thus was never brought up. And there's a question associated with this: Will it ever be re-opened once Platinum comes out?

And the fact that at least the people I know rarely show their likings for pokemon anymore. It's like "Hey, Diamond got old and all, let's move on to something else, guys. :D"

Oh and the first option was just in general. I just never see you talk about it anymore. :[
    What? Really? *eyes... all the Pokémon stuff cluttering up her dorm room* 8| Lol I adore Pokémon still.

I get into the games a lot when they come out and I play them as much as any other new game I get but then I move on--like all my other fandoms. If anything, Pokémon is probably my biggest fandom because I've actually stuck with it for 10+ years unlike almost everything else where I drop it or put it so completely on the backburner that I don't care about it as much anymore. ;_;

I've just never been into battling in Pokémon though. I like collecting them. 8D;

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I wish a bunch of the PC regulars did try battling more XD You dont have to be an expert to win in our Battle Stadium. True, you've got a bunch of fighters that just use cookie-cutter Pokemon teams made for winning, but I speak for those who just use who they like to battle.

It's mega fun when your Poliwhirl wins a match for you. <3 haha. I guess a lot of people say theyre too lazy to EV train or put time in with items and TM collecting, but there are a bunch of shops that service those for you, so give it a chance. :P

And since I have a Poke-playing brother, we each always got one of the two games, then we alternated on the 3rd coming. He has Blue, Yellow, Gold, Sapphire, Emerald, and Diamond, I have Red, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald (a different one heh), and Pearl, and I'm the one getting Platinum.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    I have every main-line game except for Platinum and Diamond. It will never get old. :D

I never got any of the GC games because of my certain lack of a GameCube at the time (I had a PS2 instead). I just got XD though, but I'm still waiting for next week's Wii application from WiiGator (those in the know in the world of Wii softmodding will know what I'm talking about). Then my Wii will truly be made of win.

That's another $20 well-saved...

Cherrim

Years
    Well, for me, I just... don't like battling all that much. :[ Especially competitively in any way. I wouldn't feel right getting someone else to do my EV Training or moveset compiling but I just don't care to do it myself. I tried once and got horribly bored. 8/

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I may decide to get into the battles, but I suck at it badly. I can't even beat the only IRL friend I have that likes Pokemon, so I know that I'd do badly in any battles on here. I don't only care about winning, though. As for the competitive battling, I would not want to do it. I've tried getting into it, but I just can't seem to do it. I have no idea why.

Cherrim

Years
    I've been into Pokemon ever since like, 8 or 9 years ago. And it still continues to be a big thing for me, right next to a few things like Final Fantasy and Xenosaga, but I'm slightly losing interest only because it's the same thing over and over again: Get your first pokemon, get introduced to the bad guys, go to their headquarters at certain points, kick their butts, etc, y'know? It does get extremely tiring and old after a while. I would believe and accept that it's tradition in the games, but still. :|
    Well, I just don't replay the games in between. So it's still fresh enough for me by the time the third game comes out and stuff. I mean, I haven't played the plot in D/P since the month it came out so it'll still be okay for me. I know it's practically the same thing every time but... every RPG is like that so I don't mind as much, I suppose.
    I feel asleep with my DS on in the middle of EV training, once. XD;
    I'm pretty sure I did too and that's when I gave up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back