• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm still on the fence about a GSC remake. On the one hand, yes please because I want to play it again. On the other hand, for some reason I really didn't like FRLG (I didn't like anything from third gen, really :s) so I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to my favourite generation...
    I agree with you 100%. I also don't think Nintendo's servers can handle it
    Well if they attempted something like that they'd obviously update and get special servers just for it. If free MMOs can do it, I've no doubt Nintendo would have no problem with it.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Wow, sorry to go off topic, but I am just really surprised to see Dark Cloud in a theme. xD
    Tacharine, is that like your favorite game or something.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm still on the fence about a GSC remake. On the one hand, yes please because I want to play it again. On the other hand, for some reason I really didn't like FRLG (I didn't like anything from third gen, really :s) so I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to my favourite generation...

Well if they attempted something like that they'd obviously update and get special servers just for it. If free MMOs can do it, I've no doubt Nintendo would have no problem with it.

I didn't like R/S/E, but what was wrong with FRLG? The only thing that really bugs me is this blur effect when you run. Everyone's eyes looks weird.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    its just whenever you try to remake something classic its going to be underwhelming. it was basically the same game as R/B/Y except for the short sidequests and playability after E4.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    It was basically the same idea as FRLG, re-do the original tomb raider, but using today's gameplay mechanics...
    And I think it worked well in FRLG. I liked the graphically and audio update. Plus a few of the minor game play updates. It change the core gameplay to drastically, just closed the gap between it and GSC a little more.

The version of Super Mario Bros. in Super Mario All-Stars however.... @_@ An example of how not to update a classic game. The gravitational pull of when you bounce off a block was altered. I played SMB a lot on the NES and that change just bugged, even as a kid.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    And I think it worked well in FRLG. I liked the graphically and audio update. Plus a few of the minor game play updates. It change the core gameplay to drastically, just closed the gap between it and GSC a little more.

The version of Super Mario Bros. in Super Mario All-Stars however.... @_@ An example of how not to update a classic game. The gravitational pull of when you bounce off a block was altered. I played SMB a lot on the NES and that change just bugged, even as a kid.
    Well............xD If you want a good Mario reference, then you might want to go with The New Super Mario Bros vs All the NES Mario Bros...that is a wayyyy awesome example of how to update a game well...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh, New Super Mario Bros was the awesomest game in the SMB series! :D.

It was awesome at least until my brother played it and then my dog ate it. :(. It sucked epically at that point.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Your dog ate your New Super Mario Bros? Weird...

Anyways, I totally agree, New Super Mario Bros is awesome! <333

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Well............xD If you want a good Mario reference, then you might want to go with The New Super Mario Bros vs All the NES Mario Bros...that is a wayyyy awesome example of how to update a game well...
    If you say so. I thought it was very bare bones. People only gobbled it up because we were starved for a new Mario 2D platformer. It has nothing on SMB1, 3, or World. Doesn't hold a candle to Yoshi's Island. Even the DS sequel to Yoshi's Island was a better platformer than New Super Mario Bros. Wario Land: Shake It!! is a much better platformer. To me, New Super Mario Bros. would be a bad example.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If you say so. I thought it was very bare bones. People only gobbled it up because we were starved for a new Mario 2D platformer. It has nothing on SMB1, 3, or World. Doesn't hold a candle to Yoshi's Island. Even the DS sequel to Yoshi's Island was a better platformer than New Super Mario Bros. Wario Land: Shake It!! is a much better platformer. To me, New Super Mario Bros. would be a bad example.

:(. But NSMB had...3D!

:*(. And I really don't like Nintendo Games that don't star Mario and instead a sub character. You made a teaspoon of tears fall into my Cappuchino. ;_;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    :(. But NSMB had...3D!

:*(. And I really don't like Nintendo Games that don't star Mario and instead a sub character. You made a teaspoon of tears fall into my Cappuchino. ;_;
    Kay. Well, you missing out. Yoshi's Island is the best platformer ever in my opinion. And Wario Land: Shake It!! is one of the most fun and visually entertaining titles on the Wii.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    peach has mario so whipped

how many times can you expect a guy to save you?

About 42 x 1042000.42 if the girl is super sexy.

But Peach is never sexy except in sports games. :|, so I predict there will be about 5 years worth of Mario Games left.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

But Peach is never sexy except in sports games. :|, so I predict there will be about 5 years worth of Mario Games left.

honestly the best mario games were the ones where he didn't have to jump over things and collect mushrooms. they were the racing games, the sports games, and who could forget the mario parties

mario is the family night for video games, and thats how it should be

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years

If she always wore those tight shorts and shirts, I'm sure Mario would be much more of a hurry to get to her.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back