• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    the only mario games I'm aware of are: the mario parties (and I have no idea just how many there are), mario kart (WHOOO) and that game for the old school gameboy where you..did stuff :( I don't remember the name or the specifics, but I always thought they were fun. and bowser made me sad, he'd always attack me at the end of one of the games.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Mario is my favorite series. ^_^
    I'm at the point where I want to collect nearly every Mario merchandise, but knowing myself that will never happen.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Wow um... wow :| Look in here and y'all are talking about Mario's turtle fetish. I step away for two days and this is what happens ;_;

I haven't played a Mario game in sooo long XD Probably since Galaxy came out, haha.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I haven't played a Mario game since... hmm... Playing the old school Mario games for the NES like a year ago.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I played Galaxy but I didn't really like it and thought it was incredibly overrated. 8/ I haven't really played any from the series since then.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I've played a few Mario games, such as New Super Mario Bros. and so forth. Also the Paper Mario series which I found to be quite fun, and humorous as well. XD

I've played the odd game on the N64 like Stadium 1 and 2 (fun stuff), but never had one. Besides a computer, the GBC was my first handheld, and the Gamecube my first console. Now I have a DS Lite and a Wii. Whee... -_-

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    GBC was my first console and then my parents realized they were just losing money by renting us an N64 for a weekend every month and finally just broke down and bought one for my brother and I. ♥ It's really weird to think back on that because we used to be SO restricted when it came to video games and now... I've got like every console and they don't even bat an eyelash when we buy new games and the like. 8| It's very strange.

I really miss Pokémon Stadium; both of them. :( Those minigames were the greatest ever. I still have a lot of fun hooking up the N64 and playing them either alone or with friends. If they'd added minigames to Battle Revolution, I would have actually bought it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I played Galaxy but I didn't really like it and thought it was incredibly overrated. 8/ I haven't really played any from the series since then.
    I really didn't like it on my first playthrough. I was expecting it to be like Super Mario 64, where you could explore. My second playthrough was much more favourable.

I still don't think it's as good as most people made it to be though. The "exploring" levels are still bad. Really, really linear. But, for the traditional, athletic, platforming levels? Those are brilliant and I think outshine the bad. I loved the Bowser stages in 64 and the parts where you didn't have FLUDD to assist you and Sunshine and I was glad to see so much more of those kinds of levels.

So... the parts that tried to be like 64? Bad. Parts that tried to be like oldschool Mario but in 3D? Awesome.

---

I was once looking forward to Battle Revolution. Remember that first trailer? How good all the models were? How attacks affected the landscape? What happened? They took that feature out and a lot of the old Pokemon still have models straight out Stadium. O_o Completely turned me off because they didn't put effort into it.

Years
    Yep but no game for the wii has really been great for me, favourite is smash bros but i barely play on it now =/ but im happy atm cos i just caught a feebas on my first cast xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I hate the Wii with a passion ;;

They always want me to play it. D<

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Brawl was good for multiplayer. Online is bad. And Melee's single player was much better.

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure, Metroid Prime 3, de Blob, Boom Blox, Wario Land: Shake It!!, and Mario Kart Wii, World of Goo, Lost Winds, Orbient, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess... all games I thoroughly enjoyed on the Wii.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back