• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    So you like the symbol of 333-years of Spanish oppression of the Philippines? D:
    It's still a happier and more magical place than any of the Disney parks ever could be. It's a shame that the Americans had to shell the entire district to the ground in order to drive out the Japanese for good.

Years
    It's still a happier and more magical place than any of the Disney parks ever could be. It's a shame that the Americans had to shell the entire district to the ground in order to drive out the Japanese for good.

It's great to see someone who knows a bit of Philippine History around here.
    It was a waste then that the Americans declared Manila an Open City in order to keep it intact and activate the Battaan Defense Plan. D:

The Americans couldn't even properly supply the Far Eastern American Army before the war. D: D: D: (We're studyin' WW2 in History right now...)

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Off the top of my head, twenty-five places that are happier and more magical than any of the Disney parks:

1. Volgograd
    2. Kursk
    3. Sarajevo
    4. Berlin
    5. Dresden
    6. Ypres
    7. Arnhem
    8. Bastogne
    9. Amiens
    10. Cambrai
    11. Argonne Forest
    12. Château-Thierry
    13. Pointe du Hoc
    14. Sainte-Mère-Église
    15. Carentan
    16. Coventry
    17. Intramuros, Manila
    18. Corregidor
    19. Cabanatuan
    20. Incheon
    21. Panmunjom
    22. Dien Bien Phu
    23. Khe Sanh
    24. Hue
    25. Da Nang

Well, what ever helps you sleep at night I guess, I mean we all have a different definition off fun, guess that must be yours, Eastern Europe and countries around there don't fascinate me so much, on the other hand countries like Australia and America do. :)

I mean sure I'd like to see Germany, but only the fun stuff, non off the things that are loaded with historic value.

On the other hand, if I were in Greece or Egypt, I would go sight seeing there for sure.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    France > Disney

I've always wanted to go there. Maybe I'll take a month or two off from college to go to France with my grandpa. XD

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    El Alamein or Guadalcanal seem fitting places to visit, no?

Err, take minesweepers to El Alamein, the place is filled with unexploded mines.

I don't know about you guys, but I would so go tomb raiding in Egypt. 8D [/fantasy]

Egypt...?

Where's my whip, gun, and fedora?

Holy crap, the mods are fast!

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    France > Disney

I've always wanted to go there. Maybe I'll take a month or two off from college to go to France with my grandpa. XD

France is ownage. Everything in France is ownage. You can catch snails like taxis.

But.

Paris's Disneyland SUCKS.

*cough*

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    France is ownage. Everything in France is ownage. You can catch snails like taxis.

But.

Paris's Disneyland SUCKS.

*cough*
    Yeah, I've been doing some research on France and Hungary. Plan on going to both countries if I have the money. Well I do have the money - My mom tells me I have 2000 dollars in my bank account, but the one I have in New York has over 20,000 for college. XD

I'm going to sound like the biggest nerd ever, but my friend is trying to convince me that France sucks in war. When he gets back from his little vacation, I'm going to tell him a few things about war and how the French kicked the English ass' during the American Revolution. :P Anymore suggestions? XD

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm going to sound like the biggest nerd ever, but my friend is trying to convince me that France sucks in war. When he gets back from his little vacation, I'm going to tell him a few things about war and how the French kicked the English ass' during the American Revolution. :P Anymore suggestions? XD

Waterloo.

So disgraceful that ABBA made a song about it.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    He tells me not to use Napolean as an excuse that France is good in war.

My friend says that France had to be saved twice in both World Wars; therefore, they must suck. He is so ignorant. :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    All three Reichs (the first, FYI, being that of the Holy Roman Empire) have pwned France.

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The Normandie-Niemen regiment, notable for being one of only two air combat units from the Western nations to participate on the Eastern Front during World War II. From the unit's formation in 1943 to the end of the war in 1945, the pilots of Normandie-Niemen destroyed 273 enemy aircraft and received numerous awards and honors from both their homeland and the Soviet Union, who had provided them with their aircraft; four of its pilots were appointed Heroes of the Soviet Union.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    It took the entire world's leading nations to finally defeat Germany.

France, however, fought to the end with dignity and bravery. All hail France.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back