• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Dancing Tree

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Boxed it! Like a pro. Durrr! :P

In all seriousness, I boxed it. I mean I didn't have any plans to make use of it for my team, so what else was there to do? I could kill it off, but what good would that do? It's a +1 for my Pokédex!

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    boxed it this time around, but i've used it before on other playthroughs.

i remember it was pretty good with rock slide/stone edge, hammer arm, wood hammer and sucker punch... and a jolly nature... and some serious EV training... and a choice scarf. xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I figured it out because in the newest ranger game ( I had it but I lost it) the Oddish pose as grass clumps, the Geodude pose as rocks and the sudowoodo pose as trees, so I was used to the rundown. I figured out pretty quick to use the squirt bottle, as sudowoodo are rock pokemon, who are weak to water. So: Water bottle + Sudowoodo = POed Sudowoodo. Easy. I tried to catch 'em but my pokeball failed and I just knocked him out. =/

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    I had already played Gold, so I knew what was up with that tree. Of course, when I first encountered that thing in Gold, I tried for hours to figure out what to do.

Same here. I knew I had to water him, but Croconaw cannot Water Gun him to oblivion, so I guessed the Bug Catching Contest held the answer. i though the first prize would be something that could remove that tree. never knew about the squirtbottle that time

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Back in Silver, originally, I did try to cut it.
    In SoulSilver I knew better though. I caught it for once and only then discovered after all this time that it's a pure rock type, not grass-rock. I considered using it as it's quite a novelty, but decided to box it as I never really found much fondness for it. I might've used it back in Silver or Crystal if I did catch it then... I actually quite like it as a route-blocker due to how strange it is; the first time one ever encounters it, makes one wonder what it could be and how to oust it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I, like many other people in this thread, just caught and boxed it. I don't have trained-up a Rock-type Pokémon in SoulSilver, so it could get a look in if I ever decide I want to use it.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I love Sudowoodo! I reset it until I got an Adamant one. He was great on my in-game team. I still use it in all my play throughs.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
    In G/S I used it because i thought it was interesting. I boxed it after Cianwood. It was pretty helpful for me. I always thought he was a grass type. In HG/SS I caught it for the nostalgia. I used it for awhile again, then boxed it. Seems like an interesting little thing. "Hey there's a tree in the way!" "I got cut, so no prob." "Wait...its, dancing?" " Aw man, I gotta catch it!"

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I knew it was a Sudowoodo since I saw the list of new Pokemon prior to buying the game and remembered it was him back in the Metal Pokemon days.

I never used him, there are better uses other than him actually though. I am a bit surprise he isn't even a grass type since he's a "Tree" like figure and has a green leafy-hand attached? lol

Castgurl

The Cuban Artist ~
    Years
    Lol, I don't even remember what I did with that freaking tree; I remember in the first installment of pokemon gold, I kept spamming A near it, hoping after I dunno..a 100 presses or more, it would magically grow wings and fly outta the way or something...

But noooope. Battled it, caught it. Even went the extra mile and placed it in his own lil box LOL. *Was like in the WTF?! mode when I found out he was the rock type....-_-"*

I hate that thing lol. I might draw it next :p

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
    Never really liked Sudowoodo...all though Brock's was pretty funny in the anime. However, it's a poor Poke to use in my opinion...so I just defeated it. However I decided to finally catch it because I was tired of having to fight it after I beat the E4, which I do alot. Now it's in my PC with a useless Modest nature.

Sari1292

Self Proclaimed Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    Originally I wasn't going to train it and was just going to box it, but after I realized it had an adamant nature I decided to add it to my team.

Back