• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dark Knight Rises

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Anne Hathaway as Catwoman should be interesting to watch, there were also some rumors around Hollywood saying that Robin might be apart of this movie. If this is true, then I will love Fox forever. Robin rocks.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    If this is a trilogy like was mentioned earlier, then I don't think it would be a good idea too introduce Robin during the last movie of the trilogy.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Between the development of BB and TDK, Nolan said he's not going to use Robin in his films. Not that he doesn't exist in his continuity, just that he's "in some cradle somewhere" as he put it.

Robin, I think, is doubtful.

Years
    Between the development of BB and TDK, Nolan said he's not going to use Robin in his films. Not that he doesn't exist in his continuity, just that he's "in some cradle somewhere" as he put it.

Robin, I think, is doubtful.

Kinda close to the revival. :/

I kind of had a feeling that we wouldn't see Robin in one of the Christopher Nolan films, which is fine by me. There are so many other possibilities in terms of enemies and friends that haven't been touched on yet.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    I would prefer no Robin in the Nolan continuity; the Batman he's setting up is still young and has just recently figured out the ropes of protecting an entire city. At this point, I don't think he would be a good enough mentor to take on a young ward. If the series was to go on for a while (I hope not, I'd rather them end it on a high note and not drag it out) like a decade or so, sure, I guess I could see that happening, but right now it's not what I feel the series needs.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    I'm surprised no one has made mention of Joseph Gordon-Levitt having been in talks to play some unnamed role in this film. I've been searching for awhile, but... can't seem to find any updates as to whether this was finalized or not.

As for the villains, I really am both pleased and somewhat disappointed. Having the feline-like femme fatale Selina Kyle in the movie was a very smart choice I think. After the death of Rachel, Bruce transitioned more into the role of Batman, I think. With her being in the film, I see Bruce finally, truly becoming Batman. In the first film, it was all new. Crazy young man becomes hero. The second, he deals with the repercussions of his choices in the first film and is faced with that issue of "Who am I?" as well as questioning whether or not he is capable of taking on the responsibilities be rashly forced upon himself. I've a feeling Kyle will be good for him, considering the history between the two characters in the series, and will be very influential in him taking what I feel are his final steps to truly embrace his mask.

Bane... Bane I feel is a very interesting choice simply because he, like Catwoman, is one of those characters that has shifted back and forth from villain to hero and back again so may times that the character resides in that gray area of morality that seems to be the theme of the Batman franchise right now. Considering it is Tom Hardy, I've a feeling that finally we will be seeing Bane's more innocent and intellectual sides. (Okay, I know he's not innocent, buuut... he isn't this mindless evil brute people seem to assosciate him with entirely. =/)

The flaw though that I see is that there is no TRULY villainous characters here. I don't know... Nolan has a knack for pulling this stuff off well, but.. I'd say a more villainous character is needed. Probably someone who sets Bane off on his rampancy or something. As someone already stated, I think that Hugo Strange would be absolutely perfect here. His knowledge as a Doctor, and his history of making genetically modified monsters out of people seems like something that would go well here. Plus, given Batman's current situation, it's not entirely unbelievable given his character to be attempting to aid Commissioner Gordon and the GPD in the capture of Batman while simultaneously influencing the criminal underworld. It could also put an interesting twist on the sense of right and wrong as well in that Bruce Wayne could see him as a good person and the others as villains, and have that point of view be shifted. It's not unlike Nolan to mess with a person's perceptions like that, so.... it's not completely impossible. Especially given the revelation of Levitt possibly being in the film and Gary Oldman's hinting of a possible 3rd villain that's been around for a loooong time in the Batman universe, it's not implausible.

Robin is not needed, in my personal opinion. This tale is about Bruce's rise to being a hero. Robin came in muuuuch later. it doesn't sit well with me at all.

Regardless, Nolan has given us two amazing Batman films so far and I don't doubt that the final in his trilogy will be the crowning jewel.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'm surprised no one has made mention of Joseph Gordon-Levitt having been in talks to play some unnamed role in this film. I've been searching for awhile, but... can't seem to find any updates as to whether this was finalized or not.
    I thought I was the only one who was wondering about Mr. Gordon-Levitt's place in this discussion. His role, as well as that of Marion Cotillard confirmed by Le Monde, seem to be up in the air - understandable considering Nolan himself hasn't commented upon the matter. The rumours that I've heard are that Ms. Cotillard is to play Talia al Ghul in some sort of 'finalization' of the plot started in Batman Begins, which sounds interesting to say the least. I'm not familiar in the slightly with the comics/graphic novels of which Batman originated, but it sounds on the surface that it's a good idea that Nolan is going to tie up some loose ends. It's unfortunate that with Heath Ledger's untimely demise, that plot will always go slightly unfulfilled due to Nolan's refusal to CGI him into TDKR a la Nancy Marchand in Season 3 of The Sopranos. Probably for the best, really.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I want Joker in some fashion. Just have a shot of him from the knees down (with a stand-in of course) sitting on his bed in Arkham. Use some unreleased audio from The Dark Knight. And I'm sure they could have something to tie up his plotline. Maybe even set up Harley.

I want Harley in this movie.

But, probably not going to happen. :(

I hope the Talia al Ghul rumour is false. The beauty of The Dark Knight is that it stood on its own (although, I think it fares much better if you've seen Begins first). But, to tie it all back to Ra's? Why? Because in Nolan-continuity he caused the economic downtown that then led to the murder of Bruce's parents. The average movie-goer is not going to remember that one line revelation from the first film.

That said though, I can see TDKR going a Knightfall route with aspects of Cataclysm/No Man's Land thrown in - in which case Talia would be encouraging Batman to return to Gotham (makes sense, he's in self-imposed exile). But Talia is just so.... "out there" and boring.

I agree with Stand Alone, I think Hugo Strange will be "the villain". But... really... what is it now then? Batman: Arkham City The Movie?

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    Doesn't necessarily have to be Strange. Could also be one of the more intellectual characters like Mad Hatter or someone. Although, the ONLY real villain I could see fitting in with the current characters, ESPECIALLY Bane, is Strange.

Marion Cotillard? So a THIRD Inception cast member to probably be in TDKR? That's new news to me. Could she be playing the potential love interest role? Or perhaps it really is Selena who is the interest and Marion as the villain? Regardless, I reeeeally like the casting so far. I trust Nolan to know what he's doing. :3

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'd like to see Mad Hatter.

But, Nolan's films work even for non-Batfans. Everyone would just be thinking of Johnny Depp if Hatter were in.

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
    I'm interested, though I'm not particularly impressed with the title. Always been a fan of Nolan's, so I'm hoping he'll keep up his streak of great movies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Marion Cotillard? So a THIRD Inception cast member to probably be in TDKR? That's new news to me. Could she be playing the potential love interest role? Or perhaps it really is Selena who is the interest and Marion as the villain? Regardless, I reeeeally like the casting so far. I trust Nolan to know what he's doing. :3
    Again, this is only a rumour, but reputable sites have said that Selina Kyle would be working with Batman in defeating some other enemy.

Although some reputable sights were convinced that Robin Williams and then Joseph Gordon-Levitt were going to be the Riddler! Can't trust everything you read.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm interested, though I'm not particularly impressed with the title. Always been a fan of Nolan's, so I'm hoping he'll keep up his streak of great movies.
    Same here, I'm hoping it will be just as good as the original Dark Knight. Christopher Nolan in my eyes always impresses but it seems he never gets much attention, I mean look at Inception what a brilliant masterpiece it was. In fact my eyes were nearly stunned after finishing that film. His past films were also pleasing, from my point of view anyways.

Years
    Variety has confirmed Joseph Gordon-Levitt as 'locked' in place for some role in TDKR. The link is https://www.variety.com/article/VR1118034129 but you need to register to read it. It also mentions 'up-and-coming' actress Juno Temple in some unnamed supporting female role as well.

It's certainly all hotting up!

Oh I'm about to do a backflip. That is awesome news.

Now I reeeaaalllly want to see this movie. It sounds amazing. :D

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I'm really excite to see bane going against batman. He might not be as cerebral as Joker but bane affects batman's mentality in a whole new way. in the comic books, batman took a similar serum to the one bane takes so that he can become physically strong. but then batman realizes the serum is corrupting him, negatively influencing his detective skills and causing him to become addicted. it's stuff like that, on top of the no doubt awesome action and hand to hand combat sequences i'm looking forward to.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm really excite to see bane going against batman. He might not be as cerebral as Joker but bane affects batman's mentality in a whole new way. in the comic books, batman took a similar serum to the one bane takes so that he can become physically strong. but then batman realizes the serum is corrupting him, negatively influencing his detective skills and causing him to become addicted. it's stuff like that, on top of the no doubt awesome action and hand to hand combat sequences i'm looking forward to.
    I've read Venom. I don't know if I like that idea in the Nolanverse. Too many villains and evil/addicted superhero... I fear Spider-Man 3ness

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

I've read Venom. I don't know if I like that idea in the Nolanverse. Too many villains and evil/addicted superhero... I fear Spider-Man 3ness
    it's leaning towards that. every superhero goes through something like that when they're tempted and batman is the darkest so he seems like the one closest to the edge.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Again, another Variety update reveals the nature of Joseph Gordon-Levitt's role; the link, which requires registration, is: https://www.variety.com/article/VR1118034129.

Fitting with the continuity implied with the rumours of Marion Cotillard's character, Gordon-Levitt will play Alberto Falcone: 'The Holiday Killer'. Son of Carmine Falcone (played by Tom Wilkinson in Batman Begins), this at least shows there's going to be some sort of linkage between TDKR and BB. Although the Spider-Man 3-ness of all these villains does sort of worry me, as well as the reports that the script is waaaay too long. Still... at least it's something more concrete!

Back