• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dark Knight Rises

Years
  • **Specifically about the third film and such, other Batman discussion goes in Triforce89's Thread**

The Dark Knight Rises

Despite his tarnished reputation after the events of The Dark Knight, in which he took the rap for Dent's crimes, Batman feels compelled to intervene to assist the city and its police force which is struggling to cope with Bane's plans to destroy the city.

-----------------------------------

Following up what many consider the greatest summer block busters/comic book moves of all time, TDKR is the final installment of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy.

Are you psyched for this movie? What do you hope will happen - will Bane be as scary and intimidating as advertised? What about Catwoman & Raz Al-Ghul? What about the all the other new castings and the veteran actors involved? Can it surpass The Dark Knight? Any plot details or predictions to share before July? Post them and all things about TDKR film here!

Discuss.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Funny name.
    I'm going to be the annoying, overly-excited guy sitting front row with backup 3D glasses just in-case something happens to the pair they give me on the first day!

OH MY GOD, THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO HAVE LIAM NEESON? I'd buy ten tickets to see that ****!
    Personally I think they could have gotten a better Bane, such as Lou Ferrigno (lol).
    Pretty pumped to see some of the other characters, specifically Ra's Al Ghul.

I know everybody's going to be all like "It can never be better because Heath Ledger was in the first one and we need to honor his memory," but hell, with all these characters I've got high hopes.

AGGGHHILOVEBATMAN

Years
  • Funny name.
    I'm going to be the annoying, overly-excited guy sitting front row with backup 3D glasses just in-case something happens to the pair they give me on the first day!

OH MY GOD, THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO HAVE LIAM NEESON? I'd buy ten tickets to see that ****!
    Personally I think they could have gotten a better Bane, such as Lou Ferrigno (lol).

I know everybody's going to be all like "It can never be better because Heath Ledger was in the first one and we need to honor his memory," but hell, with all these characters I've got high hopes.

AGGGHHILOVEBATMAN

I'm going to wear my TDKR T-shirt I got from Hot topic to the movie, swear to God.

As far as I know, Liam Neeson's role as Raz is only in Flashbacks/cameos, iirc.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years

• I'm going to wear my TDKR T-shirt I got from Hot topic to the movie, swear to God.

As far as I know, Liam Neeson's role as Raz is only in Flashbacks/cameos, iirc.

Say whaaaaaat? He deserves far more face time than that.
    He's Qui-Gon Jinn for crying out loud.

Maybe he'll be back in a later installment, if there is one.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I thoroughly enjoyed The Dark Night, I watched it in School which was the first time I saw it so I'd expect for this one to be similar.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Funny name.

AGGGHHILOVEBATMAN
    Have you seen Batman Begins? Liam Neeson / Ra's Al Ghul is in that movie. Assuming the Lazarus pit isn't in Nolan's canon (sorry if spoilers for the first movie I guess?), then like Live_Wire466 said he'll probably only appear in a flashback sequence.

I am super excited for the movie. I love the first two films. I am little worried about the eight year gap in story between this one and the last one. Seems weird that Batman would be away for so long. Bruce was probably around though.

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    [SIZE="a"]I kinda doubt it'll be Better than Dark Knight...

As good? Probably.

Better? I doubt it.

I'm pretty pumped to see this.

Not as much as Avengers, but still.

Yeah I'm pretty excited though.[/SIZE]

Years
  • tumblr_luqmb19I1k1qzx87jo1_500.jpg

I BROKE THE BAT!

I am so looking forward to this. Been a Batman fan since a kid. I am expecting Bane to DESTROY EVERYTHING!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]I kinda doubt it'll be Better than Dark Knight...

As good? Probably.

Better? I doubt it.

I'm pretty pumped to see this.

Not as much as Avengers, but still.

Yeah I'm pretty excited though.[/SIZE]
    I like Batman Begins over The Dark Knight.

I think BB is an overall better movie. TDK plays out like a lot of (terrific) set pieces. And I think TDK is a better movie if you've watched BB first

Livewire_

Knight of Three
    Years
  • Nolan knows his actors. He hit the ball out of the park with heath as the Joker. I'm expecting the same with Hardy as Bane.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years

• Have you seen Batman Begins? Liam Neeson / Ra's Al Ghul is in that movie. Assuming the Lazarus pit isn't in Nolan's canon (sorry if spoilers for the first movie I guess?), then like Live_Wire466 said he'll probably only appear in a flashback sequence.

I am super excited for the movie. I love the first two films. I am little worried about the eight year gap in story between this one and the last one. Seems weird that Batman would be away for so long. Bruce was probably around though.

I saw it awhile back, but back then I never really focused on the actors like I do now. I was also unaware that the movies were related. :O
    I'm gonna have to go back and watch BB sometime.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years

• I saw it awhile back, but back then I never really focused on the actors like I do now. I was also unaware that the movies were related. :O
    I'm gonna have to go back and watch BB sometime.
    Same cast (mostly), same directors, same writers. Yeah. TDK is a sequel to BB.

Actually, BB ends talking about the rise of Joker and TDK takes place in the wake of that a few months later. They go well together in a back-to-back viewing (perhaps not marathoned, but viewed in close proximity). Both movies combined act as Batman's first year protecting Gotham.

Which makes TDKR taking place eight years later seem really weird to me.

Livewire_

Knight of Three
    Years

• Same cast (mostly), same directors, same writers. Yeah. TDK is a sequel to BB.

Actually, BB ends talking about the rise of Joker and TDK takes place in the wake of that a few months later. They go well together in a back-to-back viewing (perhaps not marathoned, but viewed in close proximity). Both movies combined act as Batman's first year protecting Gotham.

Which makes TDKR taking place eight years later seem really weird to me.

8 years is a bit much, I thought. But I guess it does show how long he's been in exile. It's probably to explain all the future techs we see, like the Batwing.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Cello said:
    He's Qui-Gon Jinn for crying out loud.

I'm not sure this is a point in his favour :P

I'm mainly going to see this movie to see how Anne Hathaway does as Catwoman. The eight year exile does interest me greatly (because I like seeing how they age people, and 8 years is definitely enough to do some cinematic ageing) but I'm just super-psyched for Catwoman XD

Years
  • Like I mentioned about Bane & The Joker, Christopher Nolan really knows what he's doing in regards to supporting cast. I have no doubt that she'll be amazing too, just like all the others. o/ XD

Livewire_

Knight of Three
    Years
  • I JUST ADDED THE THE THIRD TRAILER TO THE OP WATCH IT NOW

I literally need a change of pants now.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Okay, I'm sold on Hathaway after that trailer. Catwoman doesn't seem to be some kind of object here, which is good. I liked the voice she used. She didn't try to make a playful, sexy voice. It was just... I don't know female Batman?

Years
  • I love how when I saw the trailer before the Avengers, the theater got completely quiet and reverent, haha.

I'm hoping TDKR can top the Avengers 200 Million.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I guess I should post so that Livey doesn't end up double posting when he sees the new poster:

tdkr_newposter.jpg

(Hey, that's a lot of 'posts'!)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Going to watch at least six times, on my own in some cases if I have to. Excited to see JGL's character and I fully expect Bane to break Bruce's back. Insane.

Back