• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dark Knight Rises

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • So, for the weekend of the release I'm planning on watching Batman Begins on the Friday, The Dark Knight on the Saturday, and The Dark Knight Rises on the Sunday

Years
  • Going to watch at least six times, on my own in some cases if I have to. Excited to see JGL's character and I fully expect Bane to break Bruce's back. Insane.

I'll be right there with you. Also very curious about Marion Cotilliard as well.

That poster made me do a back flip when I saw it.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Ugh, I'm hearing reports that the runtime for the film is between 2:40-2:45 hours. Less is obviously not more in the case of Christopher Nolan... -_-

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I think that's awesome! I love really long movies, I always feel like I've gotten my money's worth. Usually I watch movies that are around 2:00 - 2:20 and then I get the DVD months later and see the deleted scenes and I think "Screw time constraints, I would have sat in the theatre for an extra half hour to see these in the actual movie!"

And with an epic event movie like The Dark Knight Rises, I honestly think more is more. I would have felt jipped with a two-hour movie.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I'm definitely up for a midnight release even if it is over 2 and half a hours long. Nolan obviously has so much planned for batman but wants to keep his word of not extending the trilogy so has, in effect, put two films runtime into one! ^_^

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Hells yeah. The longer the better. I walked out of the theatre of The Dark Knight (which wasn't short. Just under three hours, like this one, I think) and went "damn its over :C"

I would love for this to surpass three hours. Like the Lord of the Rings extended editions

Years
  • I don't mind the run time of this particular film. Given that it is the closer to the trilogy, or at least the ones Christopher Nolan will be directing, I think it's good to take a good amount of time to give detail and information. I'm really looking forward to this movie and just may be one of those crazy fans that camps out. lol

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I would only do a midnight showing, if my local theatre was doing something like watch all three of the movies back to back, and then TDKR starts at midnight. But that's not happening. And even if it were... can't skip work to do it.

Otherwise, I wouldn't do a midnight showing. Just in general, I don't see the point.

Years
  • I feel the same way. I've only been to two midnight showings of a movie, and one was cause my girlfriend really wanted to go.

As for the watch the first two and third starts at midnight thing; that usually happens at local theaters and not chains. I know of one a few blocks from me that does that.

Years
  • I'd go to TDKR even if it was four hours. No joke.

I also saw some footage of it on MTV last night, the MTV awards I guess haha. You got to see a decent amount of Joseph Gordon Levitt, which is good.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I saw that footage too!!!! I only had to sit through an hour and a half of Russell brand (ugh) and Josh Hutcherson's fedora in order to get to it, but I wasn't disappointed. God, I cannot WAIT to see TKDR, no matter how long it is. It's going to be my movie highlight of the year.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
  • I've found Christian Bale to be a rather bland presence in the previous films. Nolan's writing has made all of his films shine and more often than not it's the supporting roles that stand out for me. They talk to some considerable length about how the character of Batman will be tested to extreme in TDKR, so I'll wait and see how that is dealt with.

I'm all for Tom Hardy after seeing his performance in Bronson, which is scary-good. Plus he's like, hot and stuff. The biggie for me is Catwoman. I'm not sold on Anne Hathaway as the right choice yet, still being stuck on Michelle Pfeiffer's frankly awesome performance back in 1992. That moment when she dons the leather for the first time in her apartment is iconic to me. I kinda had this sexual fantasy that they would somehow get Karen-O to play Selina Kyle in the new iteration. Ah well.

And the Halle Berry one was like a burp in movie form. Nothing else.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I've found Christian Bale to be a rather bland presence in the previous films. Nolan's writing has made all of his films shine and more often than not it's the supporting roles that stand out for me. They talk to some considerable length about how the character of Batman will be tested to extreme in TDKR, so I'll wait and see how that is dealt with.

I'm all for Tom Hardy after seeing his performance in Bronson, which is scary-good. Plus he's like, hot and stuff. The biggie for me is Catwoman. I'm not sold on Anne Hathaway as the right choice yet, still being stuck on Michelle Pfeiffer's frankly awesome performance back in 1992. That moment when she dons the leather for the first time in her apartment is iconic to me. I kinda had this sexual fantasy that they would somehow get Karen-O to play Selina Kyle in the new iteration. Ah well.

And the Halle Berry one was like a burp in movie form. Nothing else.
    I was wary of Hathaway, but the trailers have sold me. I've seen very little, but what they did show I like.

Years
  • I think Hathaway is in the same boat that Ledger was in when he was selected to play The Joker. It was quite the peculiar choice but proved to be an amazing one. I have my doubts. However, after the performance one Heath Ledger gave, despite my weariness, I'm willing to enter with an open mind.

Years
  • The local movie theater chain is showing Batman Begins & The Dark Knight back in theaters leading up to the midnight Premier of The Dark Knight Rises for $25.

OH MY GOD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The theatre near me is doing an opening night (or... the night before I guess?) IMAX marathon. Batman Begins at 6 something. Then I think The Dark Knight at like 9 and then The Dark Knight Rises at midnight.

But, it is on a weekday. I have to leave for work early in the morning. Also, it's my mom's birthday.

I would have loved to do this (actually, not so much the midnight part). Start it at 1PM on a Saturday and I'd be there. Darn.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Midnight screenings are fun, you guys! I did an Inception IMAX midnight screening (got the last ticket and everything, as it was very much a last-minute decision) and that was really good to be a part of. I don't think I'd sit through all of the other films beforehand, however... There were a few days last week where I was at the cinema seeing three films in a row and it's surprisingly exhausting by the end.

But, yeah. I probably won't be doing a midnight screening for this film, but I'd definitely encourage others to do it if they can!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I have bought my ticket for opening weekend. Sunday at 3:40 in IMAX. Even got to select a specific seat, haven't done that before. No extra charge.

So, Sunday. That should be enough for me to watch the first two films on Blu-ray at home sometime that weekend before going to the theatre.

Years
  • The theatre near me is doing an opening night (or... the night before I guess?) IMAX marathon. Batman Begins at 6 something. Then I think The Dark Knight at like 9 and then The Dark Knight Rises at midnight.

But, it is on a weekday. I have to leave for work early in the morning. Also, it's my mom's birthday.

I would have loved to do this (actually, not so much the midnight part). Start it at 1PM on a Saturday and I'd be there. Darn.

Yeah I'm contemplating wheher I want to do it or not, I have a home theater system and the first two on Blue Ray at my disposal too. But seeing them on the big screen again would be pretty cool.

Oh and you get free popcorn. :D

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Has anyone seen Batman: Gotham Knight? That "Animatrix" type of thing set in the Nolanverse?

I haven't. Thinking of squeezing it in between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight when I rewatch them before going to see The Dark Knight Rises. Anyone seen it? Is it any good? Is it related to the Nolan movies at all or was that just a marketing ploy?

Back