• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dark Side of Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    The Pokemon world as it is doesn't have much of a potential to be dark. If you forcefully wanted to mark it dark in some areas, then you would have to change how things worked in that world.
    For example, no one in the Pokemon world carries a mind full of evil ideas, and everyone is like programmed to be nice or something. Bad personalities almost don't exist, and the ones that do are no that bad. So it's not possible for it to be darker than what the Evil organizations are doing.

However, if the evil organizations did succeed in doing whatever they wanted to, that would be darker than the darkest things that can happen - you, and everyone else in the world stopping to exist due to Cyrus for example. That's actually the worst that can happen...

Years
    Duh, if your pokemon use poisonpowder or stun spore and it accidently got on you. then just go look for a pecha berry or a cheri berry. lol
    If you were paralyzed you wouldn't be able to move to go and get a berry (and although one of your Pokémon might have the initiative to go find a berry providing it was out of its Poké Ball at the time, who's to say there are berries nearby?).

Criminals carrying around a hundred Pokémon each instead of the legal limit of six and overrunning cities. Pokémon that hate humans actually harming humans. I don't know, stuff like that.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    The Pokemon world as it is doesn't have much of a potential to be dark. If you forcefully wanted to mark it dark in some areas, then you would have to change how things worked in that world.
    For example, no one in the Pokemon world carries a mind full of evil ideas, and everyone is like programmed to be nice or something. Bad personalities almost don't exist, and the ones that do are no that bad. So it's not possible for it to be darker than what the Evil organizations are doing.

However, if the evil organizations did succeed in doing whatever they wanted to, that would be darker than the darkest things that can happen - you, and everyone else in the world stopping to exist due to Cyrus for example. That's actually the worst that can happen...

You haven't read the manga then; things get pretty dark in there in terms of organizations killing pokemon and whatnot. There are people with evil motives, but I doubt Pokemon would necessarily be as corrupt as present day. There wouldn't be the need to, seeing the Pokemon world seems to be globally well off in terms of resources.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    the only thing i can think of is what's being insinuated by "team tasty" in pmd2...

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    There is much potential for dark ideas which are untapped and unexplored in Pokemon... Such as the idea of environmental terrorists and other organisations utilise Pokemon for their own benefit, but the sheer behaviour and the nature of the Pokemon creatures themselves are terrifying, because of their abilities.

Wild Pokemon are able to defend themselves with Slash, scratch and bite attacks, which are designed to scar/harm the opponent and can easily harm/hurt the trainer, wild Pokemon can spread Pokerus, which can be a type of transferable virus and infect others easily. There doesn't seem to be any diseases though. Pokemon can control the universe, so if they are angered or have moodswings they can destroy time and control objects to use against their enemies.

Certain Pokemon have fangs and claws, but they don't seem to utilise them for eating and resort to berry eating, but they can 'turn' carnivorous if they want. I don't believe for a moment that they don't use their fangs for SOMETHING. If there are Pokemon and humans in the world, there must be another food source.

If a Pokemon burns or uses Poision barb (triggered by touch) then things can turn nasty... At lvl 100 in the games a Pokemon seems unstoppable, so translate that to real life terms... o.0 Teams could easily experiment on human/Pokemon and turn them into monstorities called Pokemorphs.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I doubt Pokemorphs would exist in the Pokemon world ~_~
    You don't see human/animal hybrids in today's world, you wouldn't see them there.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    Realizing that your Piplup isn't going to stop a Ttar. Why the hell should it go for the 2-foot peashooter when there's a 6 foot slim jim in front of it? Ouch.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Palkia comes and grabs him. Palkia: Awanken. You shall be safe with me. They Ghost Giratina comes and atacks Palkia.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    this is turning into an rp

well this could be fun lol
    Palkia comes and grabs him. Palkia: Awanken. You shall be safe with me. They Ghost Giratina comes and atacks Palkia.
    Rocky awakens unaware of what happened but then seeing out in the corner of his eye a giant ghost like creature.Thinking quickly rocky jumped behind a rock and watched them brawl out
    "Jeez what's next!"
    As all of a sudden Primal Dialga,Shadow Darkrai, and Amagedceus all spotted him
    "of course i had to speak!"
    As all three creatures started charging Lugia flew down and grabbed him leaving the other three to collide.

Last edited:
    Back