• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The disturbing world of Pokémon

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
Years
  • In my opinion, I think that some of these Pokemon pokedex entries are just old tales and folklore / urban legends just to frighten and scare people or whatever. I believe especially that the Ghost Pokemon's pokedex entries are meant just to frighten people or just little children in the Pokemon world.

That's just what I think, I'm not saying I'm right or wrong here.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
  • I just barely remembered a few creepy-pastas & decided to look at the entries.

Spoiler:

Missing child, eh? Its good to know that Officer Jenny is on the case.

Spoiler:

Makes me want to keep playing my toys...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Never really thought of Pokemon that way, altho I do remember feeling that Drifloon creeped me out a bit because it would suck the souls out of people and other Pokemon o.o

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Oh, and I forgot to mention. That's why trainers train Pokemon, to make them not do those things that you mention. Unless those Pokemon are left in the wild, then obviously they would still do those stuff that you mentioned.

Hence, this is also another reason that not everyone can catch and train any pokemon as they like. You need a LOT of guts to face one Gastly. You fail, you might possibly die.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Pokemon has always had disturbing entries. They don't bother me anymore; I'm used to them. But one that did disturb me was this one:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    My God what have we done?

Forgive me if you don't want to be corrected but Cofagrigus' ability, which you just mentioned how it works, is not really a pandemic or an apocalyptic scene. It just changes the ability of the Pokemon, not make it drastically sick or change its appearance. Just change the ability. But it'll go away if you take back the 'infected' Pokemon to its Pokeball.

And you forgot the fact that Cofagrigus' 'dex entry tells that it eats human's souls. :/

True enough. And while the eating human souls thing may be true, according to Cofagrigus' Pokédex entry, it swallows those who are too close to them and turn them into mummies.... Not that that's any better that having your soul eaten

Some part are bit too exaggerated like say, the Yanmega one.

While that may also be true that some things are exagerrated, nothing about Yanmega was exaggerated. Everything I wrote was 100% lifted from it's Pokédex entries

Oh, and I forgot to mention. That's why trainers train Pokemon, to make them not do those things that you mention. Unless those Pokemon are left in the wild, then obviously they would still do those stuff that you mentioned.

Funny you should bring that up because in today's update, I'm going to talk about the horrors caused by us, the humans. Without further ado...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Well, that's all for now fellow members. In the next update, I'm going to take a break from talking about Pokémon. Instead, I'm going to talk about the moves in the Pokémon world. Till then fellow members, stay safe

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    Hello everyone. Not much of an update this time. As promised, in this update, I'll be talking about Pokémon moves. Now, we just use moves as we please right? But have we really thought about how those attacks really work? How the user performs them, and the amount of pain the opponent feels?

• Muddy Water is basically the Surf attack, only the water is disgusting, brown, and has twigs and leaves in it. Imagine that bearing down on you and you can't run from it (of course, this becomes a harsh reality for anyone who lives somewhere where floods and mudslides are a common occurrence).

• Dark Void. A move that, supposedly, puts you to sleep for all eternity when combined with Darkrai's ability. And Darkrai causes nightmares accidentally! So let's say that you're a trainer with insomnia, and you have your Darkrai help you fall asleep. Suddenly, you are sucked into a demonic hell scape that you can only wake up from if Darkrai leaves. Thing is, your Darkrai, EVER so loyal, stays by your side until you wake up, which is never.

• Any one hit KO move. Being sliced in half (Guillotine), being subjected to temperatures that would make liquid nitrogen seem like a steam bath in comparison (Sheer Cold), being drilled into and having your organs churned like butter (Horn Drill), and being hurled into a near-endless abyss (Fissure).You know who uses that move, and even gives you the TM for it? Giovanni.

• Leech Seed has innumerable seeds stick to you, and before you can brush them off, they sprout creepers which dig under your skin all over your body and drain your fluids.

• Gear Saucer, the signature move of one of the new Gen V Pokémon, specifically Klink. Basically, the Pokémon is two connected gears, and to use its signature Gear Saucer, it crushes the opponent between itself! Can you imagine being CRUSHED BETWEEN TWO GEARS? Sure that doesn't sound like much when you take into consideration it's height and weight but think of it this way, ever caught your finger on the hinge of a metal door? Even if the target is much, much larger than it, Klink can use the move on a vital area of their body, like say, oh I dunno... the neck? Or maybe... ehehehehe.. Anyway, Klink evolves twice. By this point, it's a series of large gears, four in total, with a spiked ring orbiting the lower portion and the ability to charge energy. Gear Saucer isn't two gears smashing you anymore, it's a goddamn industrial accident.

• Autotomize: It cuts off useless parts of its body. It sharply raises its Speed and makes its weight lighter. (Hope I don't get to see a Pokémon with Metronome that isn't a Steel-type covered in body armor use this attack...). Heck, that's horrifying even when used by a Steel-type, since they still should be able to feel it...

• Acid Spray: It spits out a liquid to melt the opponent. It sharply lowers the opponent's Special Defense.

• Scald burns the opponent with searing water

• Simple Beam changes the ability of a Pokémon to Simple. By lowering it's IQ maybe? (Lol ok maybe this is more hilarious than disturbing when you picture this situation)
    Well, that's all for now. Look out for the next update. In the next one, I'll be touching a special subject. What you may ask? You'll have to wait and see. Till then fellow members

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    on frostlass I am suprised that you did not mentioned how its past form was a woman that died in stormy mountain according to some legends

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Paras and Parasect aren't that scary if you know about all the other messed up things that happen in the animal kingdom <3

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    The Frosslass thing really creeps me out. 0.o

and they didnt have any better ideas than a ghost of actual humans??? thats horrible!!!

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • I find this information to be astounding and I say continue. I'm not affected by these really because it's in the end all just pixels. Keep it up!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    The Frosslass thing really creeps me out. 0.o

and they didnt have any better ideas than a ghost of actual humans??? thats horrible!!!

If it makes you feel better, Banette is a spirit inside an abandoned doll.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Frillish/Jellicent may make some people afraid of ocean :s

Frillish dex entry (White)
    "They paralyze prey with poison, then drag them down to their lairs, five miles below the surface."
    Hmm... I wonder what they'll do with you FIVE MILES underwater... o_O

Jellicent dex entry (Black)
    "The fate of the ships and crew that wander into Jellicent's habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished."
    Creepy O_O

Some other "disturbing" entries...

Duskull (HGSS)
    "If it finds bad children who won't listen to their parents, it will spirit them away--or so it's said."
    Okay, I'll have to be nice to my parents from now on...

Dusclops
    No need for a dex entry, Dusclops just sucks everything that it can or wants to, and it can never leave. Its body is literally black hole. Imagine a miniature black hole that's coming towards you

Hydreigon (Black) - okay, not exactly "disturbing," but still scary in a way
    "This brutal Pokémon travels the skies on its six wings. Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack."
    Wow.. I wouldn't even want to get near this thing in real life!

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2015
    some people question whether or not the pokedex should be taken seriously in comparison to anime cannon, but I think the saving grace for the pokemon world is the fact that you rarely if ever see the really dangerous Pokemon in the wild.

however, the fact that tyranitar can be found in the wild in the unova region was rather concerning, since tyranitar is suppose to have a habit of terraforming the environment all out of a hissy fit.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    Hello everyone! I'm back with a new update. I've been scrolling through the new posts but this particular one caught my eye:

I find this information to be astounding and I say continue. I'm not affected by these really because it's in the end all just pixels. Keep it up!

Thanks for your support, but that isn't what caught my attention. I'd like to direct everyone's attention to the bold sentence because well, today's update is going to be about those pixels. Let's backtrack to Gen II shall we? I think the GB/C cartridge owners would understand today's update more.

Now, imagine one day, popping in Gold, Silver, or Crystal, a game you've played for eight or so years, in which you have been obsessively training your Pokémon and grown attached to them, maybe you consider them your childhood friends, turn on your game one day, but there is no "Continue" just "New Game", as if you never played it before. So you try to salvage your childhood friends by starting over from scratch: get your old starter, catch that one Hoothoot that became an endearing member of your team, sure it may not be the same Pokémon, but its the best you can do. The day wears on, you have to eventually turn it off after saving the game state, and then the next day you start playing, and its the same deal as yesterday: "New Game" and nothing more. You restart and save a few times, to find that you can no longer save your game. You can play through the game a bit, but your efforts are washed away the next time you turn it off or on, you might fire up your Pokémon Stadium 2, which no longer even works with your game, and see the ghosts of the Pokémon you used to know in the Registered section. All your Pokémon are wiped from existence. You have no way of recreating it, and you had no warning. Or, you did have a warning, and for the rest of the time you find out, you wait for your game to stop saving and all of your Pokémon friends being wiped from existence, and you can't do anything to stop it.

Still don't know what I'm talking about? Four words that doom many players around the world:

Internal Clock Battery failure

Similarly in Gen III, there's the clock failure as well. You can still save but it's always the same time, the same day... forever.

Think about it. your Gen IV and Gen V DS carts could go through this as well in the near future. All that hard work down the drain...

That's all for now. My parting words, love your Pokémon while you still can. Even if they are just pixels.

What's my next update going to be about? I'll give you two clues: Lt. Surge and Lucario. Till next time fellow members.

Years
  • If pokemon were real, I'm fairly sure Lampent would scare the crap out of me. It's dex entries: This ominous pokemon is feared. Through cities it wanders, searching for spirits of the fallen. It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body. Creepy... IT EATS YOUR SOUL! Another one, albeit subtle (Delibird): It nests at the edge of sharp cliffs. It spends all day carrying food to it's awaiting chicks. Seems innocent, but that Delibird you just knocked out/ caught was taking food to it's babies and now they're presumably going to starve to death. O.o Nintendo, please think about the wording of these entries more carefully!

EDIT: Oh yeah, just remembered Yamask.
    Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry. I don't wanna be a Yamask when I die! And my face becomes a friggin mask? TT.TT

Last edited:
    Back